Photo
- - - - -

SecondSpin.com/Suncoast/FYE/Wherehouse.com Weekly Sales!

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#1 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

This week's sale.

SecondSpin.com

SSWC_WeeklyPromo_530x90.jpg

Wherehouse.com

WH2314_710x100_Banner.jpg

FYE/Suncoast

7414_30offPromo_710x1001.png

In-Store

Meant to post this earlier, but FYE and all its affiliates are having a B1G1 for $1 deal on all Used products. In-store only.

Edited by Squarehard, 04 July 2014 - 03:05 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

What's the typical condition for a used DVD bought from here? I've got the remaining seasons of MacGyver in my cart for $53.29 after promo, but if there's a chance they won't be in very good / like-new condition, I might back out.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/11]: :ps3: Braid (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

Their stuff is usually from FYE. I have not had a problem with any of the orders I have placed, but they rarely have slipcovers.

#4 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

You should provide details:

Today Only! 41% off CDs & Videos Plus 14% off Games with the purchase of 5 items or more. Just enter promo code SSAF13 at check out or http://$$$$$$$$$$$$/c2au2s3. Hurry, this offer is one day only and ends 4/1. All Orders Ship for $3.99* ANYWHERE IN THE USA! *Standard Shipping Only. All International Orders Ship for $7.99 CDs & Games OR $9.99 Videos!

#5 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

The majority of the items are usually very good to like new as far as what I've gotten in the past, and usually everything is included like slipcovers and what not.

They have pretty good customer service though, and I haven't had a problem they weren't able to fix for me in the past, so that's also a plus.

You should provide details:

Today Only! 41% off CDs & Videos Plus 14% off Games with the purchase of 5 items or more. Just enter promo code SSAF13 at check out or http://$$$$$$$$$$$$/c2au2s3. Hurry, this offer is one day only and ends 4/1. All Orders Ship for $3.99* ANYWHERE IN THE USA! *Standard Shipping Only. All International Orders Ship for $7.99 CDs & Games OR $9.99 Videos!

I thought the banner spoke for itself. @_@
Posted Image

#6 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

Guessing this hit slickdeals or something because secondspin is getting absolutely hammered right now. I just got an error message saying they were temporarily down for scheduled maintenance. Maybe the 41% was a mistake, lol.

#7 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

Site un-slammed.
Posted Image

#8 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

Managed to get my order in. Most of the stuff I was looking for they didn't have, but I did manage to get enough stuff for almost $80 savings.

I had actually placed an order with them a few weeks ago, would have saved more money here.

#9 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

Looks like you spent just as much as I did according to your savings amount good sir. ;D

But same, I also spent a good chunk a couple weeks back, but some of the stuff probably wouldn't have lasted until this sale, so I picked them up them since there was a discount anyways.
Posted Image

#10 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

My most expensive item was Kenichi Season 2 at $19.47. And DBZ Level 1 for a combined $11 isn't bad either. Also picked up some good eBay fodder too.

Also bought Koihime Muso because...why not?

#11 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

I ended up getting Seasons 2-6 of MacGyver for $45.81 (after tax+shipping) and I picked up the final season on Amazon for $9.52 in Very Good condition with Prime shipping. Not a bad deal. :)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/11]: :ps3: Braid (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#12 3GSid

3GSid

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

Managed to pick up 5 things from what leftovers there were haha. Thanks for the heads up!

#13 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

I always find a good batch of anime titles to pick up during these sales. ^__^
Posted Image

#14 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Did a second order and picked up various volumes of Gravion and both parts of Birdy the Mighty

#15 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

You're a jerk, Square. I could have gone my entire life not knowing that this sale existed. ;)

Picked up Star Trek: TNG season 1 and season 2 on blu ray, along with some cheapo filler items to hit the mandatory 5 items (Hey Vern: It's Earnest complete series, The Looney Tunes Show Season 1, and Batman (1966) on blu ray)

#16 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

My wallet would have been better off not knowing about this sale too, but things don't always turn out the way I want them to. :*(
Posted Image

#17 MrSneis

MrSneis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

Picked up 6 cd's I've been meaning to buy for a while at $26.67 shipped, not bad but not great at about $4.50 each.
Virtual Hydlide, Bad Dudes

#18 3GSid

3GSid

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

I always find a good batch of anime titles to pick up during these sales. ^__^

Same! Whenever I see the chance to get some cheap(er) anime I bite at the chance haha.

The hoarder in me says I MUST own the physical, even if I already watched it haha

#19 rockykai

rockykai

Must not mention Smash...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

Thanks for posting even though I didn't get anything in the end.

I will have a list in mind (almost all anime) for the next sale though - assuming I can figure out what in blazes I want to watch. :D

#20 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

OK, somebody delete this site from my mind. I just placed a third order.

#21 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

OK, somebody delete this site from my mind. I just placed a third order.

I just placed my second order after spending half an hour whittling down the total from about $250 after discount, to just a little over $100.

Surprised I was able to do it, but it still hurts. T___T
Posted Image

#22 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

These are all used items right?

#23 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

was hoping to find some cheap anime but dont really know what to get that I dont already have. Tried to look up some volumes of uncompleted series I have but they dont have them. :(

any reccomendations? and I dont mind if they are on dvd instead of bluray.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#24 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

Yea, everything there is used.

was hoping to find some cheap anime but dont really know what to get that I dont already have. Tried to look up some volumes of uncompleted series I have but they dont have them. :(

any reccomendations? and I dont mind if they are on dvd instead of bluray.

I picked up Infinite Stratos, Kiddy Grade, Persona 4, Gravion (though the sets are cheaper on Half.com), Birdy the Mighty, Kenichi, Shana OAV, and Shin Koihime Muso. Most were around $20 or under after discount.

#25 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:39 AM

OK, I need to get off this damn site. Order #4 (I forgot to search for Grenadier) is placed. My April tab is almost as big as January/February.

#26 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:39 AM

Thanks for making me feel better about my two orders :D I hate paying shipping twice, but I found out after my first order that the 3 disc set of The Looney Tunes Show that I bought is only 3/5 of the first season :roll: They had the other two-disc set, so I found a few other things I could(n't) live without.

I'm definitely going to need to add this store to my list of online retailers.

#27 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:26 AM

My haul:

The Office Season 8 Blu/DVD Combo $14.15
Men In Black Blu $5.89
Tonic - Sugar $1.32
Tonic - Head On Straight $2.35
Alan Parsons - On Air $5.89

I was pretty shocked when that Alan Parsons album showed up. I never seem to find copies of that one for cheap so I'm pretty happy. Now I just need to find the DTS 5.1 CD version for cheap. Also very happy to get that Office season on Blu as well for that cheap. Thanks for posting the info on this sale.

Edit: Look at eBay looks like the DTS 5.1 CD for "On Air" goes for roughly $15-20 when they do sell. A local store in my area has one for $20 so I might just pull the trigger.

New sig coming soon.

#28 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:52 AM

I hate paying shipping twice,

At least it is a flat rate

#29 jazzman

jazzman

Carpe diem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:52 AM

Thanks OP, was able to find some good music.

#30 3GSid

3GSid

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

Decided against not putting another order in before it expired, althought it took a bit of willpower haha.

Ended up getting Ai Yori Aoshi, Cazador De La Bruja, Monster, Rumbling Hearts, and Bamboo Blade. Thankfully all non S.A.V.E. editions as I do find the green line hideous :)