Gaems 155 Sentry Personal Gaming Enviroment $114.99 at BB YMMV clearance

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#61 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

got the last one at ross township-pittsburgh area. REally enjoying the device so far, although the screen is a bit dark and has poor angle view, but for 115 bucks you can't beat that.

Now I can play in bed while my wife watches TV. Sometimes you are just to lazy to go to the living room and play on a big screen, so this is really nice !!!

Thanks op

DaviVascaino.png         Davivascaino.png

#62 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

Theres still a few in New Jersey. Had one transferred to my store. Waiting on the call to pick it up in the next few days.

Seems they made a low number of these.....

#63 Lord Chabelo

Lord Chabelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

Can't find one anywhere in TX
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#64 shakespeare

shakespeare

The True Bard!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

Theres still a few in New Jersey. Had one transferred to my store. Waiting on the call to pick it up in the next few days.

Seems they made a low number of these.....

How did you get a store transfer?

#65 Rocketsfan

Rocketsfan

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Can't find one anywhere in TX

Where in Texas r u looking? Last time I checked there were a couple best buys showing limited stock here in the Houston area.

#66 Lord Chabelo

Lord Chabelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

Where in Texas r u looking? Last time I checked there were a couple best buys showing limited stock here in the Houston area.

Everywhere, I found one in Austin and two in Houston. When you actually go through the checkout process it says the item is not available. I even called the store and they said the item was not in stock.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#67 jovherye

jovherye

Ultimate Captain Barbell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

Thanks OP for the heads up! Picked up 1 at the BB in Temecula, CA this AM. We were going to buy this for $250 elsewhere! Planning to go overseas with this and our Xbox. The kids(and I) love it!
My Dreamcast still breathes!!!

#68 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

Everywhere, I found one in Austin and two in Houston. When you actually go through the checkout process it says the item is not available. I even called the store and they said the item was not in stock.

I also found one in store after trying to purchase it online and after calling the store who said it was out of stock. If its showing up as a clearance item for your store, chances are good that they have them in-store. As a screen it's decent for the money and its a great carrying case, plus its the cheapest I've seen. I just wished it was the halo vanguard one or the n7 mass effect design.

#69 zaxxon2000

zaxxon2000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:19 AM

The 19 inch model was never available in BB. They just never carried it to have it available for clearance.

#70 bellenoire2005

bellenoire2005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:42 AM

Do you you have the link please??

Sorry, here you go: Recommended console settings

#71 Chinese_cuisine

Chinese_cuisine

Dim Sum Yum Yum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:56 AM

i got one but it has some big watermarks on the screen on the sides. :/ went through customer service hell with their customer service. gave up tried calling the store to see if they can hold it for me til tomorrow so I can exchange it, now they're saying I have to bring it back the same day and it's almost 40 miles away and 15 minutes left til closing...

Edited by Chinese_cuisine, 05 April 2013 - 10:44 AM.

#72 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

i got one but it has some big watermarks on the screen on the sides. :/ went through customer service hell with their customer service. gave up tried calling the store to see if they can hold it for me til tomorrow so I can exchange it, now they're saying I have to bring it back the same day and it's almost 40 miles away and 15 minutes left til closing...

Bullshit just bring the item with your receipt and exchange it, it doesn't have to the same day. you have 15 days for refund and exchange regardless of whether its clearance or not. I got this answered from the customer rep since the one I bought seemed like it was 'tested' out already, presumably by same store employee you said to me the screen is awesome. Also you can post on thier official forum if you further issues.

#73 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

have you guys noticed that when you use the headphone input it makes an annoying sound, like static? I don't get the sound when I use the speakers

DaviVascaino.png         Davivascaino.png

#74 American Madman

American Madman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

Thats crazy they would take that stance on the return. BBY needs customer loyalty more than ever right now.

Your issue seems almost identical to the problem I had with the screen on the Sentry I bought on 4/2 - Pressure marks on the side with watermarks and discoloration throughout the lower part of the screen.

I couldn't exchange mine at the BBY I purchased at because they were out of stock. I went to the only other BBY near me that had one stock on Wednesday 4/3. They handled the exchange without issue.

#75 GreyFoxx2002

GreyFoxx2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

Can't find it on the website...to a BB store i go then!

#76 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Grabbed the last one at Worcester MA store, none around the area.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#77 Chinese_cuisine

Chinese_cuisine

Dim Sum Yum Yum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

Thats crazy they would take that stance on the return. BBY needs customer loyalty more than ever right now.

Your issue seems almost identical to the problem I had with the screen on the Sentry I bought on 4/2 - Pressure marks on the side with watermarks and discoloration throughout the lower part of the screen.

I couldn't exchange mine at the BBY I purchased at because they were out of stock. I went to the only other BBY near me that had one stock on Wednesday 4/3. They handled the exchange without issue.

I got the same rep that helped me with the pick up yesterday when I went to the store. Exchange it no problem. Spoke with a different rep last night that said they couldn't. I did get a 25 dollar gift card from the phone rep yesterday but the 39 mile one way trip killed me haha. There's still one left in the Bay Area but its the damaged one I just returned. Hopefully they don't put it back on the shelf and try to sell it again.

#78 GreyFoxx2002

GreyFoxx2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

Can't find this sucker on the BB website...or is it a have to go to store and use the sku deal?

#79 Traxstar

Traxstar

Gears Of War Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

got one in perfect condition

#80 Perromalvado

Perromalvado

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:30 AM

Well I did not really need one but I got it ne ways (:
Modesto, CA bestbuy had 2 one seemed open box I left that one and got the new unopened box. Thanks op now to plan a vacation!

#81 Chinese_cuisine

Chinese_cuisine

Dim Sum Yum Yum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

Can't find this sucker on the BB website...or is it a have to go to store and use the sku deal?

You have to go to store locator and click on individual stores and check their clearance page. Should be under video games category.

#82 Appleinthetree

Appleinthetree

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:04 AM

I found one of these using the online store locator. However, how do I know I know if this is an open box item or clearance item? Where can I find it in the store to check it out first to make sure its worth buying?

#83 Perromalvado

Perromalvado

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:58 AM

I found one of these using the online store locator. However, how do I know I know if this is an open box item or clearance item? Where can I find it in the store to check it out first to make sure its worth buying?

My store had them on shelves by console accessories and where not labeled correctly but they will be 115 and they did not have a display unit in my store soo u might have to buy and return if u don't like it.

#84 gkbadboy

gkbadboy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:05 AM

Wow Ive always wanted one of these... I might try and pick one up for this price! Thanks

#85 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:17 AM

I'm incredibly tempted to grab this.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#86 smackinisaiah

smackinisaiah

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

Got mine for $18 after all the Best Buy GCs I had. This thing is so awesome. Now my girlfriend can deal with me gaming in the living room while she watches TV. If you're able to buy this in your area, I highly suggest it. I was able to get the only one left in MI.

#87 Chinese_cuisine

Chinese_cuisine

Dim Sum Yum Yum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

It will say open box in the title of the item if it is. Otherwise it's brand new :)

#88 zaxxon2000

zaxxon2000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

By the way, the extended warranty at BB is $19.99 for 2 years. They probably won't have a replacement for this. They would issue a store credit. I passed on the warranty.

#89 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

By the way, the extended warranty at BB is $19.99 for 2 years. They probably won't have a replacement for this. They would issue a store credit. I passed on the warranty.

Made that mistake with my Playstation 3D display. Don't ever see them selling these anymore. Wish I could find one of these personal gaming environments but there is zero within 100 miles of me. Guess this is just a deal I am going to have to miss.

sig.gif

76561198019892519.png

My Game Collection: Currently at 1,957 games owned!
Completed Games: 2013 2014

#90 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

Made that mistake with my Playstation 3D display. Don't ever see them selling these anymore. Wish I could find one of these personal gaming environments but there is zero within 100 miles of me. Guess this is just a deal I am going to have to miss.

There was zero too in my area but for shiz and giggles I just walked in one to see and one was right there. So my advice is just to stop by and see because I saw the clearance section and it was not over there but the price ran up right and the employees didn't know.

This is a niche thing so I bet there are more out there