Photo
* * * * - 19 votes

Club Nintendo Deals ~ New Games 4/7-5/11: Super Mario World (WiiU) | Mario Golf (Wii/WiiU) | Trajectile (3DS) | Art Academy: First Semester (3DS) |

Club Nintendo Coins Wii 3DS Wii U

• Please log in to reply
4268 replies to this topic

#1171 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

It's because it's a limited set with a guide and bunch of other stuff packed in.

Most think once that first print runs out they'll probably put out a $40 game only version.  Who knows if that will be in the promo period or not.

I think I'm going to pass as I just don't think I'd like SMT much.  I'd like to get Fire Emblem eventually though.  So maybe I'll take the plunge if I can get a hold of an SMT code for $10 or so for someone that doesn't need it.

It's 49.99 on the eShop. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1172 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

Really. That's dumb as shit. Who'd pay $50 for a digital version that can't be re-sold when the retail version can and comes with a bunch of other stuff?

Digital game pricing is really baffling sometimes.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#1173 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

That's why I disagree with the "digital is better and would make gaming cheaper" people. Publishers are greedy, they aren't gonna discount their games just b/c it's digital... I know Vita does but the discount is negligible. It allows more sales like Steam, but we'd never see it to that extent on consoles anyway.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#1174 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

That's why I disagree with the "digital is better and would make gaming cheaper" people. Publishers are greedy, they aren't gonna discount their games just b/c it's digital... I know Vita does but the discount is negligible. It allows more sales like Steam, but we'd never see it to that extent on consoles anyway.

Well there are some decent sales on XBLA and PSN in summer and black friday sales, nice PS+ discounts etc.

But yeah, it's no where near Steam.

But it will have to get there eventually if they really want to move toward going fully digital down the road as most people aren't going to pay the same for a digital game they can't resell to recoup costs, loan out, etc.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#1175 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

Went with the CD, pretty disappointed with this years rewards, but hey, its better then what ps3 and xbox rewards have, NOTHING! 

#1176 thereefernander

thereefernander

CAG Best Buy Employee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

Supremely disappointed with this years rewards. It's either the poster set or the soundtrack. So pissed I hit platinum last year and got those cards and the year before that when I started they had that badass statue that I missed out on! I think I barely missed on the button set. But most of my codes are free so I'm not complaining too much (got like 2000+ coins no idea what to buy. I did get a golden nunchuck a whole ago though for 900)
dexterq.png
Signature created by Audacious.
616464.png

#1177 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

yeah platinum should at least be able to get one of the digital games with one of the mediocre physical rewards, then I wouldn't complain but this is pretty bad...

#1178 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

This is why I don't go out of my way to obtain or purchase CN codes.

I seen people buy cheap games just for the CN codes. That couldn't be any more foolish because these are the prizes you get from doing that. I bet all those people would rather have their money back vs one of these platinum elite rewards.

That's why it's only worth it if you just happen to buy that many Nintendo games. If you're going out of youre way for a promo reward you did it to yourself.

Makes me think a lot of the people complaining went out of their way.

needler420.png

#1179 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

You do get more for your points than just a yearly reward.  I haven't done it specifically to reach a prize level, but even if you feel let down by the rewards, they have some great uses for those points you get as well.  I look forward every month to see what downloadable games they have for points, I've picked up several.  There have been some other cool reward as well, like the Gold Nunchuk, etc.

I look at the yearly reward as just a small bonus prize I get if my points happen to be above a certain level.  The real value is in what I can spend the points on, particularly the downloadable virtual console games.

#1180 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

Yeah, I'd definitely never buy a game to try and get more CN points.

It's a free bonus and if I can score a cheap VC game I'm interested in every now and then, that's great.  Otherwise I have no problem just letting coins expire and not claiming a reward if its nothing I want.

Entering code and filling out surveys takes very little time and is a nice way to take a quick break from work since I'm at a computer hours each day anyway, well worth it to get a game free here or there.  But no way I'd ever put any effort into getting Gold/Platinum as it's usually easier to just get a game or two a year you want with the coins than hoping for something good in the year end rewards anyway.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#1181 ToxicTwistOfFate

ToxicTwistOfFate

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

How are you all picking stuff? The website has been down since yesterday for me. Everytime I've tried it shows the unavailable due to site maintenance page.

#1182 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

How are you all picking stuff? The website has been down since yesterday for me. Everytime I've tried it shows the unavailable due to site maintenance page.

Yeah the site is VERY cranky the past couple days, I'm going to wait a bit for it to die down before picking mine (my son needs to pick what he wants).  Club Nintendo is ALWAYS really slow, they apparently don't put much hardware behind it.

#1183 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

Yeah the site is VERY cranky the past couple days, I'm going to wait a bit for it to die down before picking mine (my son needs to pick what he wants).  Club Nintendo is ALWAYS really slow, they apparently don't put much hardware behind it.

When they add 15 or so items a year (mostly just games, though a good percent of these have been rehashes), not like you need to anticipate a lot of traffic. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1184 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

I've also noticed that it seems to run better in Firefox.  It either takes ages or won't load up at all in Safari or IE anymore for me.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#1185 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:34 PM

Working fine in Chrome at the moment too.

Was down a while last night, but popped up for me to grab Link's Awakening and loaded the site right up now and logged in and saw the gift options with no issues (obviously can't redeem again, so can't speak to that part of it having issues perhaps).

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#1186 linkbear

linkbear

Too Cool For School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

I got the posters.  I really don't want the Pikmin one.  If you pay for the shipping, you can have it.  It will be a little while though, have to actually get the posters from NOA first.

#1187 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:05 PM

I am disappointed in the rewards because I joined and got platinum the year after the Mario statue. I love statues, Nintendo doesn't have CE with statues. I just want something that cool. I would trade anything for something that cool. This year I got plat 3 times. So I get a poster set a CD and a calendar. A poster set costs me on average 10$ a frame (I'm framing last years right now for $29 from walmart). The CD is cool but I'm not going to open it, if I want the full soundtrack I'll go on youtube or better yet play the game. The calendar is alright, its a couple of pieces of paper that expires in a year.

#1188 mwoody450

mwoody450

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

In the past, how often has Nintendo cycled the physical rewards?  I can only buy so many shoelaces, and nothing else interests me.  Is it cycled all at once or swapped out one by one?

#1189 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

In the past, how often has Nintendo cycled the physical rewards?  I can only buy so many shoelaces, and nothing else interests me.  Is it cycled all at once or swapped out one by one?

It's cycled randomly. Some items we will see go and never return and others will return in a few weeks, where as others have been gone for months upon months. 

#1190 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:42 AM

So I ended up going with the posters, but if there's anyone out there who doesn't care about any of these rewards and has Platinum, I'd happily buy the Majora's Mask soundtrack from you.  Let me know!

Posted Image

#1191 shadowneko003

shadowneko003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:24 AM

I put my order down for a poster set.  I don't really like the Luigi one though.

shadowneko003.png

#1192 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:30 AM

I think I would like the Luigi poster better if it was the white/green Luigi.

#1193 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:36 AM

I'm still upset I didn't get plat status I had enough codes to redeem to get it.but nope I waited too long on that one. I hope i'll be able to find the Majora's Mask OST sub $20 at some point.

76561198049491727.png

mulderyuffie.png

#1194 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:40 AM

https://club.nintendo.com/home.do

3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#1195 Hielostar

Hielostar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:48 AM

Went in for the OST, as I'd have no room to put up the posters (and would want to frame them, so it'd cost more out of pocket). Would have loved a statue, as I missed out on that reward.  :-|  Even though the CN website was being a major pain in the ass, I was able to register SMTIV, redeem my eShop credit, and register a few extra games to get up to Gold for the new year. I have a few more games that I could register, but it's probably better to wait since I'm sure there will be some promos throughout the year that will help me get to Platinum easily enough. 

#1196 Tvols1480

Tvols1480

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

Am I the only one who is supremely excited about the MM OST?  To the best of my knowledge, the only official release of this was in 2000 and goes for $60+ on eBay.  Being a huge Zelda fan and a CAG at the same time, I can't wait for December. 

#1197 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:20 AM

Am I the only one who is supremely excited about the MM OST?  To the best of my knowledge, the only official release of this was in 2000 and goes for $60+ on eBay.  Being a huge Zelda fan and a CAG at the same time, I can't wait for December. 

Pretty much. There are a few people (I know one girl really disappointed she didn't platinum), but still we're talking like 6 people. 

A few of the Japanese versions have sold for $20 on eBay recently, though the second the platinum reward releases we're going to see a price drop following a few of them selling to fans that want every version. 

#1198 hotpocket

hotpocket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

Ordered the MM Soundtrack. 

Was pretty underwhelmed by the choices though. I may end up just selling/trading it on here. 

#1199 Blaker101

Blaker101

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

Sadly, I made gold status this year. If anyone wants to sell their Zelda MM OST, please PM me!
Posted Image

#1200 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:48 PM

I can't decide between the posters and the OST. First year as a Club Nintendo member so I don't really know what to expect. The cards last year seemed pretty cool though.