Photo
* * * * - 23 votes

Club Nintendo Deals ~ New Games 7/78/3-: Kid Icarus 3D (3DS) | Metal Torrent (3DS) | Donkey Kong Jr. (WiiU) | Paper Mario (Wii / WiiU) |

Club Nintendo Coins Wii 3DS Wii U

• Please log in to reply
6657 replies to this topic

#121 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:24 AM

I think points expire so you can't always hit platinum every year and get the platinum award yearly for not spending your points at all the whole time you're a club nintendo member.

actually, the points toward gold/platinum reset at the end of the CN year, so even if they didn't expire people couldn't do that
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#122 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

Already picked up LM2 and don't want to upgrade to an XL yet.
Can I just buy a registration code to get the free game?

I'm not sure how the bonus game redemption works.
Posted Image

#123 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:49 AM

Already picked up LM2 and don't want to upgrade to an XL yet.
Can I just buy a registration code to get the free game?

I'm not sure how the bonus game redemption works.

Yes, but you will be paying a premium premium.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#124 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:51 AM

Yes, but you will be paying a premium premium.

As in you don't like people buying codes?
Posted Image

#125 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

As in you don't like people buying codes?

As in a lot of people know about the promo and will ask more for it (I recall people claiming in the Pikachu threads a LM2 / Pokemon code was FAIRLY priced at $10 dollars) and systems are worth more coins. You figure LM 2 is like 40 coins, where as a system is 160, so... yea, two premiums.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#126 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:04 AM

As in a lot of people know about the promo and will ask more for it (I recall people claiming in the Pikachu threads a LM2 / Pokemon code was FAIRLY priced at $10 dollars) and systems are worth more coins. You figure LM 2 is like 40 coins, where as a system is 160, so... yea, two premiums.

Ahh, I see what you mean.
Well thank you for the input! :)
Posted Image

#127 jl_rival

jl_rival

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:41 AM

If anyone can help me with my question, I would be grateful!
After making an nintendo club account, I went ahead and registered my Pikachu 3DS XL in order to get the free game(s), do I have to buy one of the two games; Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or Luigi Mansion: Dark's Moon in order to get the free game out of the five that you can choose? If so I thought all you had to do was registered the 3DS and you got Luigi Mansion: Dark's Moon & one of the free games out of the five!
[URL="http://gamercards.exophase.com/xbl/user/JL%20Mafia/"]Posted Image[/URL]

#128 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

If anyone can help me with my question, I would be grateful!
After making an nintendo club account, I went ahead and registered my Pikachu 3DS XL in order to get the free game(s), do I have to buy one of the two games; Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or Luigi Mansion: Dark's Moon in order to get the free game out of the five that you can choose? If so I thought all you had to do was registered the 3DS and you got Luigi Mansion: Dark's Moon & one of the free games out of the five!

You got to buy DM or Pokemon. If you got both, then I am sure CAG would have exploded from people trying to score from this deal.

#129 jl_rival

jl_rival

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:47 AM

You got to buy DM or Pokemon. If you got both, then I am sure CAG would have exploded from people trying to score from this deal.

Thank you for answering my question, now time to buy Luigi's Mansion! :D
[URL="http://gamercards.exophase.com/xbl/user/JL%20Mafia/"]Posted Image[/URL]

#130 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:57 AM

Thank you for answering my question, now time to buy Luigi's Mansion! :D

I highly recommend Layton as your free game of choice. The franchise is superb.

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#131 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

I highly recommend Layton as your free game of choice. The franchise is superb.

I went with Mario just because, being the proprietary Mario title, it's less likely to drop in price from the $40 MSRP or hit clearance bins. Layton was just at $20 on newegg a few weeks ago...and Art Academy/Freaky Forms are already at the $20 mark. Seemed like the logical choice CAG-wise...hehe

#132 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

I went with Mario just because, being the proprietary Mario title, it's less likely to drop in price from the $40 MSRP or hit clearance bins. Layton was just at $20 on newegg a few weeks ago...and Art Academy/Freaky Forms are already at the $20 mark. Seemed like the logical choice CAG-wise...hehe

Can't dispute that, and I tend to agree, I've just gotten much more enjoyment/hours out of Layton than any Mario title except perhaps Mario 64.

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#133 Teeheehee

Teeheehee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

Can't dispute that, and I tend to agree, I've just gotten much more enjoyment/hours out of Layton than any Mario title except perhaps Mario 64.

If I didn't have OCD, I would have enjoyed Layton a lot more. With the consumable hint coins and permanently losing picarats for wrong answers, I was saving before every puzzle and reloading if I made a bad guess or calculation. I got burnt out from that at the 2nd game.

#134 UlysisAM

UlysisAM

'Nuff Said...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

Anyone know when the next round of games for coins will be shown today? 12PM EDT (9AM PDT)?

#135 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

Tends to be around Noon EST, though sometimes might be an hour or so after that.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#136 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

Tends to be around Noon EST, though sometimes might be an hour or so after that.

Sweet hope they add some good 3DS games. Love these 150 coin downloads.

#137 Kolma

Kolma

I like french toast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Kinda hoping 3D Classics Xevious returns, it's the only 3D classics I am missing

560501.png

xivpads.png

retrosig.png?a_gc=255%2C110%2C13&a_mc=25

#138 UlysisAM

UlysisAM

'Nuff Said...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

Would love to see Donkey Kong: Original Edition available.

#139 Kolma

Kolma

I like french toast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

Would love to see Donkey Kong: Original Edition available.

That would upset me, I bought Art Academy digitally just so I could get DK:OE
My money would have instead gone to a physical Paper Mario (I like to keep retail games as retail)

560501.png

xivpads.png

retrosig.png?a_gc=255%2C110%2C13&a_mc=25

#140 zinkpro45

zinkpro45

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

Just updated!

Super Mario 64
Super Metroid
Kirby's Pinball Land
Urban Champion

#141 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

Games are up:

- Super Mario 64 (Wii, 200 coins)
- Super Metroid (Wii, 150 coins)
- Kirby's Pinball Land (3DS, 150 coins)
- 3D Classics: Urban Champion (3DS, 150 coins)

Can't go wrong with Super Mario 64. Super Metroid, if you have a Wii U, it'll be 30 cents from May 15th to June 13th. Kirby's Pinball Land is decent (I might get it out of nostalgia when I played it as a kid), though I've heard very "meh" reactions to Urban Champion, probably should save your coins.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#142 opterasis

opterasis

Bullhonkery!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

Since I only have a 3DS, boooo to this update. I'd be excited about Super Metroid if I had a Wii.
My Bluray owned list

http://www.points2sh...p?ref=opterasis

What I've gotten free from points2shop *updated* 1/16/12!
Spoiler

#143 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

I've been patiently waiting for Mario 64 to be an offering for coins. So a big huzzah to this update.

#144 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

I've heard very "meh" reactions to Urban Champion, probably should save your coins.

Urban Champion is just awful...no one waste your coins on it please.

#145 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

Updated the OP with the new games. Sorry for the delay, didn't noticed they'd changed over. Psyched about Super Metroid, as I'll finally get a chance to play it:D Weird that Super Mario 64 is 200 though, instead of 150:roll:

#146 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

N64 games tend to be 200 coins while SNES and portable downloads (GB, DSiWare, 3DSware) are 150 or cheaper. I guess coin value is based on the original pricing of the games.

Ya know, now that I think about it, I think this is the 2nd time or so Urban Champions has been offered as a reward.....Still seemed like a weird choice to get a 3D Classics remake.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#147 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

was really hoping kirby 3D classic would be an option for 3DS. maybe next month.

#148 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

N64 games tend to be 200 coins while SNES and portable downloads (GB, DSiWare, 3DSware) are 150 or cheaper. I guess coin value is based on the original pricing of the games.

Ya know, now that I think about it, I think this is the 2nd time or so Urban Champions has been offered as a reward.....Still seemed like a weird choice to get a 3D Classics remake.

well Mario Tennis was 150 last month, so I think it varies from game to game. Luckily I have exactly enough for Super Metroid^.^glad I went ahead and entered my codes I'd been forgetting about

#149 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

I'd get the VC games if it weren't for the Wii Channel on the Wii U.

What a PITA. Fix it!
Posted Image

#150 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

I'd get the VC games if it weren't for the Wii Channel on the Wii U.

What a PITA. Fix it!

Elaborate? I'm not familiar with the workings of the WiiU