Photo
* * * * - 25 votes

Club Nintendo Deals ~ New Games Up (8/4-9/7)

Club Nintendo Coins Wii 3DS Wii U

• Please log in to reply
7101 replies to this topic

#7081 ItsKayJayBee

ItsKayJayBee

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:27 AM

I honestly don't know why they put up a deadline... It's not like they need to figure out how many units they need to ship. The codes are only generated after you confirm your selection, so really, they could have left this open until next July.

Putting a deadline means that people will forget about their year end reward and Nintendo will give out less games. Less games given away for free means less lost sales. It's a smart business desicion.

#7082 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:44 AM

I wish we get a cool physical reward like the golden Zelda statue that club Nintendo Europe got couple years back

#7083 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:43 PM

Apparently you can still call in and claim your reward

http://techforums.ni.../35027?tstart=0

I'm going to try calling. For some reason I thought I had until 8/31.

Open spoiler at your own risk.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#7084 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:57 PM

I'm going to try calling. For some reason I thought I had until 8/31.

Keep in mind they might reject you. The post in that topic was made while the promotion was still valid, but the site was acting up, so it makes sense they would help people. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#7085 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:03 PM

Keep in mind they might reject you. The post in that topic was made while the promotion was still valid, but the site was acting up, so it makes sense they would help people. 

Exactly. Thanks. It's not too big of a deal if they say no. I wanted to get super mario bros 1 because I have everything else on the list that I want. I guess I'm out like $4.99.

Open spoiler at your own risk.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#7086 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:58 PM

Theatrhythm FF Curtan Call Intend to Buy is up. This is an interesting addition, since not only did the original lack coins, but this is the first intend to buy I've seen for a "true" 3rd party title. This and the fact Disney Infinity is listed as an 80 coin digital game (currently free on the eShop) could mean Nintendo might be opening Club Nintendo up more to make up for going digital. Would be an interesting trade off, though not one I care for. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#7087 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:19 PM

Hopefully the eshop/digital curtain call will get an Intend to Buy as well.  I have the first physical, but it's a great pick up and play title so I plan to get this version digital.

For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#7088 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:34 PM

Theatrhythm FF Curtan Call Intend to Buy is up. This is an interesting addition, since not only did the original lack coins, but this is the first intend to buy I've seen for a "true" 3rd party title. This and the fact Disney Infinity is listed as an 80 coin digital game (currently free on the eShop) could mean Nintendo might be opening Club Nintendo up more to make up for going digital. Would be an interesting trade off, though not one I care for. 

Hmm, I "bought" this yesterday and have yet to get any coins/surveys to pop.  I didn't actually go through with the download yet(too close to the home internet cap to DL a 10GB file that I don't really need at the moment), but I wouldn't think that would matter.

Anyone actually get any surveys to pop that downloaded this yesterday?

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#7089 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:44 PM

Hmm, I "bought" this yesterday and have yet to get any coins/surveys to pop.  I didn't actually go through with the download yet(too close to the home internet cap to DL a 10GB file that I don't really need at the moment), but I wouldn't think that would matter.

Anyone actually get any surveys to pop that downloaded this yesterday?

I haven't, nor has anyone confirmed it either. 

#7090 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:48 PM

I honestly can't tell if you're genuinely mad / upset or you're mocking the people who disliked the reward... 

I was genuinely frustrated, but mostly at myself for continually forgetting to go click "gimme".  

Posted Image

#7091 pittsnoggle

pittsnoggle

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:35 AM

I saw disney infinity is free on 3ds does that get coins?

690810.png

#7092 TheNamekianClown

TheNamekianClown

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:41 PM

I saw disney infinity is free on 3ds does that get coins?

I'm not seeing it for 3DS, but it is free on Wii U now, and the Club Nintendo site does list it as getting 80 Coins.

#7093 Megamania

Megamania

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:43 PM

Nintendo Deluxe Promotion with the purchase of Disney Infinity?

Pls confirm

#7094 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:01 PM

Nintendo Deluxe Promotion with the purchase of Disney Infinity?

Pls confirm

Doesn't matter. DDP is based off what it costs off the store, so if you paid nothing, you get nothing. 

Proof of concept:

xvEoYjL.png

Also, I've still yet to get the survey for Disney Infinity, so either I have to download it (I don't have 10 GB to spare), it still has yet to unlock or it isn't actually eligible. 

#7095 ItsKayJayBee

ItsKayJayBee

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:13 PM

I'm not seeing it for 3DS, but it is free on Wii U now, and the Club Nintendo site does list it as getting 80 Coins.

Anyone have the survey appear for this yet?

#7096 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:19 PM

No survey for me either, not counting on it. Was worth a shot.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#7097 pittsnoggle

pittsnoggle

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:58 PM

its wii u not 3ds my mistake. if someone does get the survey let me know

690810.png

#7098 pittsnoggle

pittsnoggle

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:59 PM

although download codes get the full amount so even though pikmin 3 was free with mk8 I still got 60 dollars in ddp ponts

690810.png

#7099 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:25 PM

Thanks for pointing out the news about Theatrhythm (wasn't expecting it to be on Club Nintendo, so I haven't been looking for an intend to buy for it). I'm a little confused about the deadline on it, though - it says the 10 coin bonus ends on Sept. 9th, but the game doesn't even release until the 16th.

#7100 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:30 PM

although download codes get the full amount so even though pikmin 3 was free with mk8 I still got 60 dollars in ddp ponts

I honestly believe this might will be my last post on CAG (outside of bumping my trade thread), but...

1) I don't think Nintendo is capable of creating codes that don't give DDP. This much is evident by the fact the FAQ for the MK promotion originally stated you would NOT get DDP and was either removed or I simply can't find it anymore. 

2) As I mentioned above, I'm pretty sure when you redeem a code, you get the items current cost in DDP. This would explain why Game & Wario only gave 299 (the original MSRP was $39.99 and please correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see anyone claim otherwise), CN rewards also give points and why even if you purchase a code at a discounted price, you got the full amount. 

3) I still don't see why this matters in response to Disney Infinity, nor do I get why people care about the details. It doesn't cost you anything besides your time locating it in the store, so regardless of it giving DDP, Club Nintendo coins or really anything, you could have simply downloaded it and find out for yourself. Given the fact that this forum is quickly becoming a news room, it would be foolish to believe that there wouldn't be at least 1 thread going "Free eShop Version of Disney Infinity Gives DDP" or something vaguely similar. 

Thanks for pointing out the news about Theatrhythm (wasn't expecting it to be on Club Nintendo, so I haven't been looking for an intend to buy for it). I'm a little confused about the deadline on it, though - it says the 10 coin bonus ends on Sept. 9th, but the game doesn't even release until the 16th.

I don't see a date on mine, so I assume you mean the Intend to Buy expires on that date. If that is the case, it just means the survey to show intent to buy ends on the 9th and you have like 3 years to register the game for the 10 extra coins. 

* Decided to change this post to my last based off the comments in the Disney Infinity thread. 

#7101 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 12:41 PM

The ITB surveys for both digital and retail copies are up for Hyrule Warriors, good until Sept. 19.

#7102 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 02:15 PM

I can't find the ITB surveys, where are they located?

EDIT: NVM I clicked the link in the OP. I can't get that page to come up in my account through.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Club Nintendo, Coins, Wii, 3DS, Wii U