Photo
* * * * - 25 votes

Club Nintendo Deals ~ New Games Up (8/4-9/7)

Club Nintendo Coins Wii 3DS Wii U

• Please log in to reply
7089 replies to this topic

#1501 Sychophantom

Sychophantom

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

This might be a stupid question but can you purchase Pilotwings with the club points, download the Wii version and then get the upgraded Wii U version for $1 or whatever the fee is? Or does that only work if you already had the Wii games on your Wii U from a transfer? I would assume it would work for any Wii VC game but I wanted to check and see if anyone knows for sure before I spend the points.

That should work. You will have to redeem it in the virtual Wii on the Wii U though.

Known elsewhere as The Reverend Menagerie.

The new SoulXchange.org Sell your soul, what else is it good for?

#1502 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

Surprised no one else posted about it (been up for a couple of days now), but the Intend to Buy surveys are up for Pokemon X and Y, both physical and digital versions, good until October 5th.

#1503 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

Billy, I assume since the program is essentially dead right now. We are a year away from next rewards, and there hasn't been anything new added since what, last year?

#1504 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RAPADOOOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

Billy, I assume since the program is essentially dead right now. We are a year away from next rewards, and there hasn't been anything new added since what, last year?

There's been the Yoshi cleaning cloth, the Pikmin tote and several restocks of older stuff but yeah, nothing I'd actually want.  I'd say the chances of them adding the gold Nunchucks back are slim to none at this point.

uc.png

#1505 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

I'm guessing the rewards not under "Rewards" or "Currently Unavailable" like Game & Watch DS Collection are never coming back?

#1506 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

Well, they have downloadable games rotated on a monthly basis, and they put new ITB surveys up about every two weeks (to coincide with the new upcoming releases), so its updated at least a few times a month.  Pokemon X/Y is pretty anticipated by its fans, so the fact that the ITB surveys went up without notice is what surprised me.

To people who are just interested in the annual prizes and significant physical merch, yeah, the program is at a lull, but I don't think that is the only purpose of the thread / program.

#1507 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

Small CN update, Wii Party U ITB survey is now up, good until October 18th.

#1508 dsullo

dsullo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

Sorry for this rookie question -   I just picked up a WII u.  I assume the games listed on the rewards sight for 150 coins  like Zoda's Revenge can be downloaded to the Wii U , is that correct?

#1509 The Questyen

The Questyen

Wii game total at 528!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

Sorry for this rookie question - I just picked up a WII u. I assume the games listed on the rewards sight for 150 coins like Zoda's Revenge can be downloaded to the Wii U , is that correct?

They can but you have to go through the Wii menu to download and play them. You can't take advantage of Wii U virtual console features like controller screen play.

Now Playing: Dead Space Extraction (Wii) / The Swapper (PS4)

Recently Finished:  Vessel (PS3) C- / Metroid Prime (replay) (Wii) A / The Walking Dead Season 2: Ep 4 (PS3) A-

#1510 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

This might be a stupid question but can you purchase Pilotwings with the club points, download the Wii version and then get the upgraded Wii U version for $1 or whatever the fee is? Or does that only work if you already had the Wii games on your Wii U from a transfer? I would assume it would work for any Wii VC game but I wanted to check and see if anyone knows for sure before I spend the points.

I can confirm this works if anyone was still wondering. Brought the price of pilotwings down to $1.50.

#1511 novem

novem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

Yes, but currently you have to do it by starting the virtual Wii console.

#1512 dsullo

dsullo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

They can but you have to go through the Wii menu to download and play them. You can't take advantage of Wii U virtual console features like controller screen play.

I just got the Wii u and have not played around with it too much to know all the features.  So there is a Wii Menu within the Wii u?

#1513 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

I just got the Wii u and have not played around with it too much to know all the features.  So there is a Wii Menu within the Wii u?

You might want to take a look at this: How to play Wii Games on Wii U

76561198022997080.pngA_Different_Nate.png

#1514 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

Hey dudes, I was wondering if I could transfer Wii data to a Wii U. Can someone please tell me if it's possible?

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#1515 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

Hey dudes, I was wondering if I could transfer Wii data to a Wii U. Can someone please tell me if it's possible?

Check this out: How to Transfer Content from a Wii to a Wii U

76561198022997080.pngA_Different_Nate.png

#1516 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

I'm all over that GS Wii. Thanks.

#1517 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

You can transfer native Wii software to a Wii U (but not vice versa) using a special app on the Wii U. This transfer erases the original copy of the software on the Wii during the transfer process. Those transferred games can no longer be played on that Wii system. Virtual Console games can be transferred as well, but must be played through the virtual Wii interface on the Wii U unless you purchase an upgrade for each individual game. Save files can be transferred via a SD card.

#1518 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

Totally all over that Wii. Thanks, dudes.

#1519 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

So I'm in the process of setting up my WiiU and got a thing saying join Club Nintendo but there's no PIN on it.  Is that normal?  Do you get coins for registering the WiiU?  Also noticed that half the games I've opened so far don't seem to have CN coins which seems really weird after every 3DS game I've bought having them.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List - H: MK8 Promo Game Choice

#1520 Echocentricity

Echocentricity

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:46 AM

So I'm in the process of setting up my WiiU and got a thing saying join Club Nintendo but there's no PIN on it.  Is that normal?  Do you get coins for registering the WiiU?  Also noticed that half the games I've opened so far don't seem to have CN coins which seems really weird after every 3DS game I've bought having them.

You get opted to link your nintendo club account at one point during the wii u setup. It then registers through the site. You get 160 coins a couple minutes later.

Not really sure for the other questions. :P

& you ended up getting one to then :p

#1521 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:52 AM

Eldritch, did you get The Wonderful 101 after all?

When do you guys think we'll get the Wonderful 101 shirts as the redeemable prizes?

#1522 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

I linked my Wii U a couple of days ago and got 160 coins. No PIN needed

#1523 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:42 AM

When do you guys think we'll get the Wonderful 101 shirts as the redeemable prizes?

Never?

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1524 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:32 AM

You get opted to link your nintendo club account at one point during the wii u setup. It then registers through the site. You get 160 coins a couple minutes later.

Not really sure for the other questions. :P

& you ended up getting one to then :p

Oh that's awkward.  Was hoping to just sit on the code for a bit in case they did a promo like they did with the 3DS and Dark Moon, oh well.

Yeah, I got the Zelda bundle and now need to sell the Zelda codes since I have the physical LE on order.

Yes, went to Target and PM'd two copies two Amazon and got NSMBU as well so walked out the door paying $107 and then traded one copy to BBY for $42.  Don't think $32.50 for each game is too shabby.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

#1525 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:34 AM

That's awesome.

#1526 sssdddggg

sssdddggg

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

You can go to your club nintendo account and add the serial from the back of your system. A while later you'll get a 160 coin survey that you can fill out.

#1527 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

You can go to your club nintendo account and add the serial from the back of your system. A while later you'll get a 160 coin survey that you can fill out.

Oh OK, so I can set up and use the system and then register it later just fine?

#1528 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RAPADOOOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

Oh OK, so I can set up and use the system and then register it later just fine?

Yes, but you won't retroactively gain any coins from downloads you make before linking.

uc.png

#1529 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:05 AM

Yes, but you won't retroactively gain any coins from downloads you make before linking.

I use to think that, but the FAQ doesn't mention any such thing and many people said simply calling CN will resolve any issue. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1530 abbabaab

abbabaab

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

If I have the ambassador GBA game, is there any real reason to get this M&DK, too? I mean, how similar are the two?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Club Nintendo, Coins, Wii, 3DS, Wii U