Photo
* * * * - 27 votes

Club Nintendo Deals ~ New Games Up (9/8-10/12)

Club Nintendo Coins Wii 3DS Wii U

• Please log in to reply
7780 replies to this topic

#511 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

OK but I don't own a Wii or WiiU currently. If I redeem the coins for Mario RPG how long is the download code good for and can I even redeem the coins for that if I don't own a 3DS?

I may just save the coins and see if a different game for 3DS shows up. How often is the coin reward list updated?

Please know that Mario RPG is a SNES game on Wii Virtual Console, and not a 3DS title, so 3DS has nothing to do with it (except maybe that's where your coins came from?). I just didn't want you to get it thinking it was a different title. You may want to check the list, because I'm not sure if they ever offer the same titles on Club Ninty, so this may be the only chance to trade coins for this title for a while. The code I got from Amazon when World of Goo came out (a few years back) was good when I redeemed it recently, so you won't have to worry about expiration if you plan to use within a few years.

Also, this title says it requires the classic controller, so the Wiimote won't work on Wii or Wii U (unless someone can confirm otherwise, contrary to the website).

#512 BettercallPitPat

BettercallPitPat

I ride with El Rey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:30 PM

is there a forum or somewhere i can trade to get some codes? im 80 shy of snagging mario rpg, but id rather not have to buy a bunch more wii games.

#513 jukkakhan

jukkakhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

is there a forum or somewhere i can trade to get some codes? im 80 shy of snagging mario rpg, but id rather not have to buy a bunch more wii games.

There's one here on CAG:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=207895

#514 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:32 AM

Also, this title says it requires the classic controller, so the Wiimote won't work on Wii or Wii U (unless someone can confirm otherwise, contrary to the website).

Wii U Gamepad & Wii U Pro Controller will not work on the Wii Menu app or anything accessed within the app, such as Wii games, VC games, etc. You'll have to use a Wiimote or Classic Controller in order to control and select things/games in the app.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#515 The Questyen

The Questyen

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:08 AM

Please know that Mario RPG is a SNES game on Wii Virtual Console, and not a 3DS title, so 3DS has nothing to do with it (except maybe that's where your coins came from?). I just didn't want you to get it thinking it was a different title. You may want to check the list, because I'm not sure if they ever offer the same titles on Club Ninty, so this may be the only chance to trade coins for this title for a while. The code I got from Amazon when World of Goo came out (a few years back) was good when I redeemed it recently, so you won't have to worry about expiration if you plan to use within a few years.

Most SNES and newer VC games require a classic controller because the Wiimote doesn't have enough buttons.

Now Playing: Cate West: The Vanishing Files (Wii) / Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Recently Finished:  Klonoa (Wii) B- / Velocity 2X (PS4) A- / Dead Space: Extraction (Wii) B-

#516 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:18 AM

Anybody want to trade with me? I have a Mario 64 code.

Is there a master thread for swapping codes?

PaulManda.png

#517 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:24 AM

Odd question, but when Nintendo ran the register the XL and one of two games promo, what was the registration date of the XL as compared to when the promo started? Was the registration date prior to the promo starting or at the same time? I bought a 3DS Xl but I'm debating whether to wait a bit to open it to see if they run something similar with Donkey Kong and/or Animal Crossing.

#518 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:09 AM

Anybody want to trade with me? I have a Mario 64 code.

Is there a master thread for swapping codes?

http://www.cheapassg...0&postcount=513

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#519 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

Had to get Excitebike!:) Thanks!

I hope I remember to use the rest of my coins before they expire!:-#

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#520 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

Can you transfer wii games to wii u now? I got SM64, SMRPG, and Mario Kart 64. Would rather have them look a little shaper and ability to play on the pad.

#521 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

Can you transfer wii games to wii u now? I got SM64, SMRPG, and Mario Kart 64. Would rather have them look a little shaper and ability to play on the pad.

AFAIK only titles available on the Wii U Virtual Console can be transfered, which is a woefully low number at the moment. Then there is the $1-$1.50 fee, so you can weigh the pros vs cons. Here is a list of Wii U virtual console titles:

http://en.wikipedia....(North_America)

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#522 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

AFAIK only titles available on the Wii U Virtual Console can be transfered, which is a woefully low number at the moment. Then there is the $1-$1.50 fee, so you can weigh the pros vs cons. Here is a list of Wii U virtual console titles:

http://en.wikipedia...._(North_America)

Your link's borked.

#523 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

Your link's borked.

not sure how that happened, link got a little to excited and forgot it's ):lol:

#524 Yoda-JM

Yoda-JM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:36 AM

Odd question, but when Nintendo ran the register the XL and one of two games promo, what was the registration date of the XL as compared to when the promo started? Was the registration date prior to the promo starting or at the same time? I bought a 3DS Xl but I'm debating whether to wait a bit to open it to see if they run something similar with Donkey Kong and/or Animal Crossing.

It was only for systems registered on or after the promotion date. If you don't need the coins you can open the system and just don't register the pin/serial number until you want to.

#525 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:10 AM

I just went by a closing blockbuster today and bought a stack of ds cases for 5/$1 . I got 14 valid club codes in them!
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#526 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:15 AM

is the animal crossing deck of cards worth it? debating if i should use my coins for them or wait for new rewards. the cards are like 3 years old now right?

#527 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:43 AM

Intend to buy surveys for Game & Wario (physical & digital) are now up, expires June 16th.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#528 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

Intend to buy surveys for Game & Wario (physical & digital) are now up, expires June 16th.

nice catch, added to the OP:D

#529 fei33

fei33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:33 AM

I have a question regarding the Intend-to-Buy surveys and Product Registration. How soon after the release of the game do we have to register the game by? I just received my copy of Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D from Kmart, but I wanted to hold off on registration until next month's Club Nintendo Rewards are announced or possibly in July to count towards Gold / Platinum Status for next year's Reward (I reached Platinum for this year).

#530 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:57 AM

I have a question regarding the Intend-to-Buy surveys and Product Registration. How soon after the release of the game do we have to register the game by? I just received my copy of Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D from Kmart, but I wanted to hold off on registration until next month's Club Nintendo Rewards are announced or possibly in July to count towards Gold / Platinum Status for next year's Reward (I reached Platinum for this year).

They had intend to buy for xenoblade before which i happily filled out. Ofcourse i havent open the game i bought at launch yet and i may never will. The product registration on mine expires 2017 to get the extra 10 coins

Edited by CAGkrazy, 26 May 2013 - 03:21 AM.

#531 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:57 AM

sweet, lookin forward to pick this up

#532 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:02 AM

The site says 4 weeks, but I've done some WAY later than that, and it still counted the extra 10 coins. So, at minimum, 4 weeks.

#533 FEN1XD0WN

FEN1XD0WN

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

man i want SMRPG so bad. i might have to go see if i can find some not used codes anywhere.

#534 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

I've got 700 coins expiring at the end of the CN year. I hope they put up some good games next week.

Plus with PS3 remote play you can basically PLay your PS3 games on your PSP Go anywhere you are basically making it a Portable PS3

But Metroid sucks. I consider it Gunpei Yokoi's worst creation, even beating the Virtual Boy.

RE: XBox ONE

at least they change their name and not name their systems 1,2,3,4

#535 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

I wish Nintendo remake Super Mario RPG for 3DS ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#536 yokuo

yokuo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

man i want SMRPG so bad. i might have to go see if i can find some not used codes anywhere.

Ditto that, except I used up any spare codes already and I'm still short.
You should pretend there's something witty here.

#537 ets

ets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

I somehow managed to get enough for RPG, my next concern is somehow finding 60pts for plat. I love Nintendo, but I don't feel the love back sometimes when it gets back
Currently Playing: N/A
On Deck: N.A

MyTradeList [Link]

#538 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

Considering there's about a month left until the reward year ends (June 31st), maybe wait to see if they'll announce the prize for reaching Platinum (Gold will most likely be a calendar again, it's ALWAYS been a calendar) in a couple of weeks.

Edited by Zonic505, 27 May 2013 - 06:56 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#539 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:45 AM

Considering there's about a month left until the reward year ends (June 31st), maybe wait to see if they'll announce the prize for reaching Platinum (Gold will most likely be a calendar again, it's ALWAYS been a calendar) in a couple of weeks.

Are the Platinum rewards usually worth while? First time I've owned a Nintendo system since they started this here and I guess I'm only 70 points short. Should I be watching for killer sales or clearance hunting to make sure I get there?

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#540 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:02 AM

Are the Platinum rewards usually worth while? First time I've owned a Nintendo system since they started this here and I guess I'm only 70 points short. Should I be watching for killer sales or clearance hunting to make sure I get there?

there is a list of them in the OP. As of late they have been getting progressively less amazing, though if you are a big nintendo fan it might be worth it just for a collector's item regardless. This has to be the millionth time I've said it, but if you are short on points, it's worth a shot at gamestop with used Wii Fit copies. 100 points a piece, and for only $1 it's a low risk if it's already been redeemed. If nothing else you've gotten a spare box;)