Photo
* * * * - 27 votes

Club Nintendo Deals ~ New Games Up (9/8-10/12)

Club Nintendo Coins Wii 3DS Wii U

• Please log in to reply
7778 replies to this topic

#61 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

$35 on ebay is crazy.
$7 or less and holds more:
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B004MPR0ZC/

Kohls used to sell them for $4.

Nice! Thanks for the heads up. I have the Club Nintendo 3DS holder but I am starting to run out of room. This will be a nice substitute to hold my extras and to bring for traveling since I would rather not scuff up my club nintendo case. Several reviews do mention this not being very durable and how it can break easily but for the price it will do.

Ahhh, just realized I missed a 50 point Nintendo Land survey from the Wii U. I'm an idiot.

Sadly I have done this as well but mostly for some post play surveys. I think sometime last year or so Nintendo shortened the deadlines on the surveys. Probably because a lot of people (like me) would wait until after the points reset to do the other surveys and get bumped up again easily instead of taking them in a timely manner.

523546.png

#62 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

Maybe someone can help me out here. Just joined, figured why not. Are the 5 pt games in the 3DS section all downloadable titles on their shop or are they games on retail shelves? I'm making a mobile check-off list for shopping purposes and I want to know which titles are physical copies only.

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

Wanna try League of Legends? Try it out here!: http://bit.ly/1uEevsK

#63 redreflect

redreflect

I am the Wolf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

Thanks for posting this OP! I never even realized Club Nintendo existed to be honest. I had like 10 games + my 3DS XL that had codes sitting inside!

Now, if only they'd offer more downloadable games as prizes I'd be set.

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#64 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

bought hanafuda cards.. idk why lol but now i have 5 pts :(

#65 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

Maybe someone can help me out here. Just joined, figured why not. Are the 5 pt games in the 3DS section all downloadable titles on their shop or are they games on retail shelves? I'm making a mobile check-off list for shopping purposes and I want to know which titles are physical copies only.

I did a quick scan of the list and it looks like they're all downloadable-only titles.

#66 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

They are Virtual Console and E-Shop games. They have a lower point value because they generally cost less (not taking sales into account). Typically, it's about 10 points for every $10, with a few exceptions like the Pokemon games. All 3DS games that are on the E-Shop should qualify for points, so you don't really have to worry. There does seem to be certain titles that are download only though, such as Code of Princess, so I would just go through the list and find all the games that don't say Download next to them. Or you can use this list:
Spoiler

Sorry if this wasn't what you were asking, your post's wording has me a bit confused:whee:

Edited by MrNinjaSquirrel, 04 April 2013 - 03:43 PM.

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#67 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

Now, if only they'd offer more downloadable games as prizes I'd be set.

There will be a new round of games available on April 7th.

#68 redreflect

redreflect

I am the Wolf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

There will be a new round of games available on April 7th.

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to it.

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#69 polly

polly

Karma Policeman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

If we redeem Super Punch Out, will that be eligible for the discounted $1/$1.50 upgrade cost when/if it comes to the WiiU virtual console?
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]

#70 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:13 AM

If we redeem Super Punch Out, will that be eligible for the discounted $1/$1.50 upgrade cost when/if it comes to the WiiU virtual console?

I would think so.

#71 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

Yes, but god knows when it's coming.

#72 UlysisAM

UlysisAM

'Nuff Said...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:38 AM

Yes, but god knows when it's coming.

"Wait for E3!"

...*sighs*

#73 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

They are Virtual Console and E-Shop games. They have a lower point value because they generally cost less (not taking sales into account). Typically, it's about 10 points for every $10, with a few exceptions like the Pokemon games. All 3DS games that are on the E-Shop should qualify for points, so you don't really have to worry. There does seem to be certain titles that are download only though, such as Code of Princess, so I would just go through the list and find all the games that don't say Download next to them.
Sorry if this wasn't what you were asking, your post's wording has me a bit confused:whee:

This list does seem to be what I'm looking for, I'll have to double-check with the site to be sure though. I was asking if any of those 5 pt games were 3DS titles that are sold in an actual case with a manual or if they were only sold on the eShop. To be honest, I don't have a 3DS yet (or a Wii U) and didn't even use the Wii Shop on my old Wii. Those consoles do have me intrigued however and I'd like to get them when I have some money to spare. In the meantime, I'm just looking to buy games with Club Nintendo codes in them if I happen to see them on clearance.

Got some more questions too if you don't mind helping me out. I'm coming here from the Square Enix Members thread and their FAQ just laid it all out for me. Nintendo's FAQ is good, but not perfect. Here goes:

- If I don't spend coins for the entire year long period, do they carry over?
- Is there a list of previous rewards for people who accumulated a lot of coins? Similar to Square Enix's Ultimate Tier
- Does the list of eligible games update as the games come out or on some sort of schedule?

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

Wanna try League of Legends? Try it out here!: http://bit.ly/1uEevsK

#74 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

This list does seem to be what I'm looking for, I'll have to double-check with the site to be sure though. I was asking if any of those 5 pt games were 3DS titles that are sold in an actual case with a manual or if they were only sold on the eShop. To be honest, I don't have a 3DS yet (or a Wii U) and didn't even use the Wii Shop on my old Wii. Those consoles do have me intrigued however and I'd like to get them when I have some money to spare. In the meantime, I'm just looking to buy games with Club Nintendo codes in them if I happen to see them on clearance.

Got some more questions too if you don't mind helping me out. I'm coming here from the Square Enix Members thread and their FAQ just laid it all out for me. Nintendo's FAQ is good, but not perfect. Here goes:

- Is there a list of previous rewards for people who accumulated a lot of coins? Similar to Square Enix's Ultimate Tier
- Does the list of eligible games update as the games come out or on some sort of schedule?

Yes, you can keep your coins for as long as you want. However they only count toward gold or platinum status for the Nintendo year (june 1st-july 31st) they are redeemed in.

The extra rewards for Club Nintendo are for those that accumulate enough points to hit Gold or Platinum status (300 and 600 points, respectively). If you reach the required number of points in a year, Nintendo will automatically send you your reward, with no cost to you or your points.

The list will be updated before the game comes out, do to things like Pre-Purchase bonus points. Any game you can buy, should already be on the list and able to redeem.

These are all good questions, so I'm going to go ahead and add them to the OP:D

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#75 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Yes, you can keep your coins for as long as you want. However they only count toward gold or platinum status for the Nintendo year (june 1st-july 31st) they are redeemed in.

Coins actually do expire, after 2 years I believe.

#76 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

really? I have some in my account that I can't remember when I redeemed them it was so long ago. I will investigate....

EDIT: You're right, guess they are more recent than I thought. Will update the OP

#77 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

Yeah they expire in 2 years. You can see how many coins will expire by going to coin tab under your account settings.

#78 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

Yeah they expire in 2 years. You can see how many coins will expire by going to coin tab under your account settings.

I've never had any coins expire, so I assumed they were valid forever. Sorry for the misinformation, I'll make sure to double check my answers from now on:-(

#79 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

I've never had any coins expire, so I assumed they were valid forever. Sorry for the misinformation, I'll make sure to double check my answers from now on:-(

No worries I just want to let you know they do so none of them get wasted. I'm still new to Club Nintendo so I just found this out recently. Hope the platinum gift is better than what was offered last year since this is my first time reaching it.

#80 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

No worries I just want to let you know they do so none of them get wasted. I'm still new to Club Nintendo so I just found this out recently. Hope the platinum gift is better than what was offered last year since this is my first time reaching it.

I think it was a statue of Mario/Peach/Bowser/(possibly Luigi) last year, which seemed pretty nice to me. I only hit gold though, so I got a mini calender (which I also thought was cool lol)

#81 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

I think it was a statue of Mario/Peach/Bowser/(possibly Luigi) last year, which seemed pretty nice to me. I only hit gold though, so I got a mini calender (which I also thought was cool lol)

Nope, last year Platinum was a choice between some posters or a deck of Mario playing cards.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#82 wbc1228

wbc1228

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

That is the year before (2011 2010)
Last year's platinum prize was horrible, it was a set of posters or a deck of card (one or the other, not both).
NoA is doing a lousy job running Club Nintendo. The prizes are rarely updated and are inferior to prizes offered in other territories.

edit:
iaacp is right, the figure is from 2010 not 2011

Edited by wbc1228, 05 April 2013 - 06:18 PM.
yr

#83 iaacp

iaacp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

That is the year before (2011)
Last year's platinum prize was horrible, it was a set of posters or a deck of card (one or the other, not both). NoA is doing a lousy job running Club Nintendo. The prizes are rarely updated and are inferior to prizes offered in other territories.

Wrong again! It was the year before *that*.

2012 - Posters or cards
2011 - Collection of NES Pins or something else (hat, I believe)
2010 - Plastic Mario statue or something else

#84 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

wow, I'm clearly behind the times. I think I got a PS3 in 2010, so I wasn't buying as many nintendo titles. Doesn't sound like I missed out on much. Posters really?*shakes head*

#85 Namurashi

Namurashi

I am Galstaff, Sorceror of Light!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

That is the year before (2011)
Last year's platinum prize was horrible, it was a set of posters or a deck of card (one or the other, not both). NoA is doing a lousy job running Club Nintendo. The prizes are rarely updated and are inferior to prizes offered in other territories.

I agree, although the posters from last year were much better than the pin set from the previous year. I have the Luigi's Mansion one framed and it glows in the dark. :)

And just so no one gets confused anymore..

Platinum Rewards:

2009 - Doc Louis's Punch-Out!! OR Club Nintendo Mario Plush Hat
2010 - Club Nintendo Figurine (Came in "?" Block Box)
2011 - Mario & Friends Pin Badge Collection
2012 - Club Nintendo Poster Set OR Platinum Playing Cards

I saw the set of cards in person, and to be fair they're really nice quality. Although I do agree they've been severely lacking since 2010. lol

#86 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

I agree, although the posters from last year were much better than the pin set from the previous year. I have the Luigi's Mansion one framed and it glows in the dark. :)

And just so no one gets confused anymore..

Platinum Rewards:

2009 - Doc Louis's Punch-Out!! OR Club Nintendo Mario Plush Hat
2010 - Club Nintendo Figurine (Came in "?" Block Box)
2011 - Mario & Friends Pin Badge Collection
2012 - Club Nintendo Poster Set OR Platinum Playing Cards

I saw the set of cards in person, and to be fair they're really nice quality. Although I do agree they've been severely lacking since 2010. lol

Added it to the OP (minus the links). If anyone has a list of Gold rewards, I can add those too

EDIT: Added links

#87 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

I ended up picking the cards last year, I was pretty happy with them being that it was my first Club Nintendo platinum reward.
"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed

#88 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

I foolishly got the Doc Louis game the first year. Still haven't fired it up. Never did beat Punch-Out . . .

#89 ray2dee

ray2dee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

I can't wait, I bet the prize this year is gonna be a Luigi Plush Hat since it's his year and all

#90 Namurashi

Namurashi

I am Galstaff, Sorceror of Light!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

I can't wait, I bet the prize this year is gonna be a Luigi Plush Hat since it's his year and all

I really hope it's something Luigi related. I would love a figure with him and some ghosts as well.

On an unrelated note. YOU'RE THE CAG IN MY AREA SWEEPING UP ALL THE DEALS! >:O