• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

Game is pretty good. Worth the $20 if you like action RPGs

#32 yort9

yort9

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

Nice catch I've been watching for it to hit $20 on Amazon but was traveling for work so glad I noticed the post!

#33 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

I'm still gonna wait for lower and x my fingers it shows up in a future Gamefly sale for 12 bucks or less. If that doesn't happen, so be it. Have to be strict to my limits or else I spend too much.
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#34 coldwine

coldwine

Holy Ghost!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

Definitely a fun game.

#35 phogoodness

phogoodness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

Would have preferred getting from Best Buy when it was $10, but worried it might sell out before dropping in price so picked it up for $20.

#36 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

If you enjoy open world RPGs, buy this game. Now. The Dead Kel DLC is great too.

laboy229.png

#37 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

Hmmm I'd like to pick this up but I hate paying $20 for a game that is going straight to the backlog. I guess I'm going to roll with the dice and wait it out.

#38 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

In for one, sad part is:

Sold by Amazon.com
Usually ships within 11 to 14 days.

Edit: By the way, just noticed that it says that $19.99 is the new MSRP, so technically this isn't really a sale or promotion.

Edited by Azuvidexus, 02 April 2013 - 08:23 PM.

#39 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

360 version is still $40 MSRP, the PS3 one now has a MSRP of $30. GS sells the 360 version for $40 used and the PS3 version for $28 used.

Edit: Didn't see the Target drop. Interesting. Wonder if Gamestop will keep their price at $40?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#40 Y2Bogus

Y2Bogus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

I wish they had released some of the preorder content online. When I first bought this game, I sold my Dowsing Rod for 52 bones thinking it would eventually be released for download.
Posted Image

#41 Dominick331

Dominick331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

Put my order in for one, hopefully won't regret as it will be years before I probably get top play it.

#42 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

i really liked the gameplay in this game... maybe a little repetitive but fun, you tend to level up quick tho and can level yourself past a whole area. But fun game over all. Definitely good at 20$.

#43 Supermill

Supermill

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

70 hours in trying to platinum and I hit a game breaking bug. I was in an instance where the only way to get out was to kill a Boss...who never spawned. This is the game that taught me the importance of multiple saves.

#44 PrototypeM

PrototypeM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

This has been on my list for a while now and it finally hit $20 on Amazon so it's a must buy for me.

#45 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

I picked it up for $27 a few weeks ago at Gamestop...damn...

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#46 Todd33

Todd33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

I've been waiting a long time to pick this up cheap, but Dragon's Dogma:DA is due in a few weeks... Must resist.

#47 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

19.99 in store at Target too. looks like it might be a universal drop?

Are you sure? Shows $29.99 online, but I'd rather get it local than wait for Amazon.

#48 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

I still haven't progressed past the initial half-hour of the game/tutorial level. I'll get around to it eventually.

#49 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

Anybody think this game will go up in value cause of the studio going under? Debating picking up 2 copies, 1 to play and 1 to keep sealed.

#50 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

I've been waiting for this game to hit 10$ mark...but is it really not going to be made anymore?

Might need to get it at 20$ if that is the case

#51 foreverjoe20

foreverjoe20

DarkMagician

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

KoA:R is like the ME franchise for me; not really in the mood to play it but once I start playing it, I get sucked in. For some weird reason, this game just clicks for me. Love the quests and the side quests (all fully voiced by the way), love smithing all my own armor to makes some ridiculous, over-the-top armor that is better than most high level drops, music is beautiful, environments look like World of Warcraft during the Burning Crusades era (stopped playing WoW during that time so that's what I compare them to).

It's not one of the "best made" games out there but it's fun! Really, really fun.

And I re-bought it just because:
(1) I stopped playing because I wanted to play other games at the time
(2) lent it to my brother (also an ex-WoW player) and I haven't seen it in months so I have to consider the fact that I'm not getting it back
(3) it's only $20 so I'll let him keep that copy and I'll have this one for myself

#52 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:51 AM

Hmmm...

I have a gaming PC as weel so I might just get it for that someday :/

#53 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:29 AM

I've wondered about this. Does EA just get to keep all of the profits for this game now, since there's no one at 38 Studios to write a check to? Or did 38 already have whatever their cut was going to be by the time the copies were on the shelves?

I imagine it works like all companies. Retailers pay for it up front, and what doesn't sell to their cost, they send back for credit.

xivpads.png

#54 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:01 AM

I've been waiting for this game to hit 10$ mark...but is it really not going to be made anymore?

Might need to get it at 20$ if that is the case

The rights to the IP are in limbo b/c they defaulted to the state of Rhode Island that wants a ton of money for them and nobody is paying.

Except for still sealed copies you will not see anymore being printed unless something drastic happens. I see this being a game like MvC 2 on PS2 that sells for $40 used at places like Gamestop long after the next gen starts, at least on console.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#55 SnoT

SnoT

Twat Twat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

Just picked this up on sale for PC not too long ago for like $10 it goes on sale on Origin once in awhile and Amazon for PC (with all the DLC for around $10) but I'm still tempted to get it on Xbox.

A few people here had it in there trade list and I offered around $25 for it and none took it guess they should have heh.

SnoT8282.png

#56 Ivajosh

Ivajosh

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

Heh, this is a pretty accurate description. Still, this game was loads of fun for the first 20 hours or so, then got a little tedious. Easily worth $20 and a playthrough, though.

Yep definitely worth it, bought it at launch. And didn't regret it at all. Best combat of 2012 for sure despite the story elements being mediocre. I listened to podcasts while just having a blast killing stuff. Finesse/Sorcery FTW <3

#57 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Yep definitely worth it, bought it at launch. And didn't regret it at all. Best combat of 2012 for sure despite the story elements being mediocre. I listened to podcasts while just having a blast killing stuff. Finesse/Sorcery FTW <3

That was my character as well. Used the female dark elf type creature. Most fun stealth mechanics or any game I've played (not started Mark of the Ninja yet) and any fan of Xena will love the chakrams from the sorcery tree.

#58 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

The only reason I stopped playing this is because I max leveled and beat the game, otherwise I'd still have it. But with bonuses it was worth a nice dime at Gamestop.

Great game.

#59 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

In for one, sad part is:

Sold by Amazon.com
Usually ships within 11 to 14 days.

Edit: By the way, just noticed that it says that $19.99 is the new MSRP, so technically this isn't really a sale or promotion.

Yeah it's sucks we have to wait this long. I'm not in any hurry though. Still playing Tales of Grace f and I might jump into Spec Ops: The Line afterwards.

#60 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

Debating on trying to PM at bestbuy since I have a 10$ cert. how do you price match at bB with Target if they are sold out online and it says (29.99) when it's 19.99 in store