Newegg: Animal Crossing New Leaf Preorder $29.99 DEAD, MGR Revengence 360/PS3 $39.99

Decent price on Animal Crossing, but I'm done with pre-orders from Newegg. My copy of Luigi's Mansion STILL hasn't arrived and CS seems unwilling to help me even though the game should have arrived by now.

[quote name='in boston']MSG = Madison Square Garden[/QUOTE]

MSG Revengence is what happens to me a few hours after having lunch at the Chinese buffet.

[quote name='aheineken']MSG Revengence is what happens to me a few hours after having lunch at the Chinese buffet.[/QUOTE]

Indeed! Fixed BTW :)

[quote name='aheineken']MSG Revengence is what happens to me a few hours after having lunch at the Chinese buffet.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I'm kind of torn on this. On one hand, I was going to download AC from the eShop since that's the type of quick gameplay I want from the game. On the other hand, $10....

Is animal crossing's MSRP $34.99 or $39.99? Amazon has it at $34.99 and if that is the case I think I'm going to wait for a better discount

[quote name='MiTYH']I'm kind of torn on this. On one hand, I was going to download AC from the eShop since that's the type of quick gameplay I want from the game. On the other hand, $10....[/QUOTE]

For me, I'll be paying for the convenience of having AC wherever I have my 3DS :)

In any case, great price!

I think I have a pre-order in with Newegg at that price from the last time they did this for it. Need to check.

Normal MSRP for a 3DS game is $39.99, so Amazon's price is presumably a discount of its own, but less of a discount. I wouldn't count on this going lower than $29.99 until nobody is playing it any more.

Have they detailed how extensive the online will be? I know that the 3DS is more open than previous Nintendo systems, but outside of StreetPass (which I can't use because I don't live in a highly populated area) I've not tried any wireless functionality with my console. Feel like that will push me one way or the other with the game since I burnt out quickly on AC:WW. Also, I don't have any friends with a 3DS or who still play Animal Crossing.

[quote name='yokofox33']Decent price on Animal Crossing, but I'm done with pre-orders from Newegg. My copy of Luigi's Mansion STILL hasn't arrived and CS seems unwilling to help me even though the game should have arrived by now.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it, Newegg customer service has been atrocious on all pre-orders I placed with their promotions from last year. They are trying to screw us out of the money, and it's downright deceitful.

With the Wii U Pro controllers that released in November...they decided not to ship. Then in January they said they were out of stock and discontinued, and canceled my order. The following day they had them in stock full price. I had to get someone in chat to credit me for the promotion and replace the order.

With LEGO City: Undercover it was $12 off...but they charged $60 instead of the launch price of $50. Not bad right? Newegg has a low-price guarantee. Well the woman I spoke with kept saying that they had no such guarantee despite it being displayed on the product page, and that they could not "price match" the item. I tried telling her it wasn't a price match but an adjustment as per their own policies, but she kept repeating that it wasn't possible. Finally I had to get a manager on who eventually said he'd credit me but that it "wasn't company policy". I wonder if either of them actually know their own company's policies.

Frankly Newegg has been shady as hell the past few months. I'm going to do business with them as infrequently as possible, which is a shame as I love the lack of tax for a New Yorker.

[quote name='yokofox33']Decent price on Animal Crossing, but I'm done with pre-orders from Newegg. My copy of Luigi's Mansion STILL hasn't arrived and CS seems unwilling to help me even though the game should have arrived by now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SW4J']Tell me about it, Newegg customer service has been atrocious on all pre-orders I placed with their promotions from last year. They are trying to screw us out of the money, and it's downright deceitful.

With the Wii U Pro controllers that released in November...they decided not to ship. Then in January they said they were out of stock and discontinued, and canceled my order. The following day they had them in stock full price. I had to get someone in chat to credit me for the promotion and replace the order.

With LEGO City: Undercover it was $12 off...but they charged $60 instead of the launch price of $50. Not bad right? Newegg has a low-price guarantee. Well the woman I spoke with kept saying that they had no such guarantee despite it being displayed on the product page, and that they could not "price match" the item. I tried telling her it wasn't a price match but an adjustment as per their own policies, but she kept repeating that it wasn't possible. Finally I had to get a manager on who eventually said he'd credit me but that it "wasn't company policy". I wonder if either of them actually know their own company's policies.

Frankly Newegg has been shady as hell the past few months. I'm going to do business with them as infrequently as possible, which is a shame as I love the lack of tax for a New Yorker.[/QUOTE]

That's a shame. I preordered 5 or 6 3DS games with the promo and got all of them on release day, including Luigi's Mansion.

[quote name='Teeheehee']That's a shame. I preordered 5 or 6 3DS games with the promo and got all of them on release day, including Luigi's Mansion.[/QUOTE]

I got LM on Monday after release cause no mail on Sunday.

[quote name='Teeheehee']That's a shame. I preordered 5 or 6 3DS games with the promo and got all of them on release day, including Luigi's Mansion.[/QUOTE]

Same here, Newegg is usually really good with preorders. I actually got Luigi's Mansion 2 from Newegg a couple of days before release date.

I usually don't preorder games before their release to avoid getting burned. (My hearts still weeps for Aliens:CM since I was looking forward to it for a year) Although hard to imagine an Animal Crossing game being bad but even so I can cancel my preorder if needed so it's a win-win I suppose, heh

[quote name='StryderOmega']I got LM on Monday after release cause no mail on Sunday.[/QUOTE]
I did too. I haven't had a problem with NewEgg preorders. Already have Animal Crossing on preorder from that $10 off deal months ago.

Gonna go ahead and cancel my old Animal Crossing order from last year and submit a new one, as my credit card has expired since then.

Yes, they've been really good with most of my pre-orders, which usually come on the release date (like Gears Judgement) or the next day (like Luigi's Mansion which came on Monday). Once they lost one of my items in shipping (Persona 4 Golden), but they replaced it in a few weeks (unfortunately, I did lose out on my pre-order Vita skin though).

It looks like they are now partnered with Google Trusted Stores Program, which should give you even more security with your purchase there:
http://www.google.com/trustedstores/customer/tos.html

[quote name='StryderOmega']I feel as tho they never match newegg.[/QUOTE]

+1.

Keeping my 2 animal crossing preorders at Amazon. No tax, free 2 day prime.

I ordered one of these last year for this price, but I went ahead and ordered one today for my wife, as she got me hooked on the last DS game, so I know she'll want this(her B-Day is that week as well).

I'm not sure if I want to give my life up to play this new version or not. LOL I guess I can cancel before it ships, or just resell it if I change my mind.

[quote name='StryderOmega']I feel as tho they never match newegg.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but still worth the try if they do.

If I were to price match Best Buy for 39.99 will the gamer's club unlocked discount drop to 29.99 for 10.00 off? I know the coupons won't stack but will this work? Or is it ymmv manager override kinda thing?

[quote name='UnwovenNebula']If I were to price match Best Buy for 39.99 will the gamer's club unlocked discount drop to 29.99 for 10.00 off? I know the coupons won't stack but will this work? Or is it ymmv manager override kinda thing?[/QUOTE]

I don't think they price match coupon codes anyway. Besides, my Best Buy wouldn't price match preorders at all -- only prices at time of actual purchase, but that might be a YMMV thing.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Do they bill immediately or at time of shipping?[/QUOTE]

They bill at time of shipping I believe.

[quote name='Slywolf15']They bill at time of shipping I believe.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they charge when it ships.

[quote name='Jon7']Yeah, they charge when it ships.[/QUOTE]

Or for my case in the time they package for LM. Guess it depends on release date.

Nice I'm going to pre-order the Animal Crossing. Thank you for the find. And Yes they only charge you once it ships for those who are wondering. I pre-order from Newegg regularly.

I'll probably be canceling my order at amazon but I'm going to bug them and bestbuy on the phone first and see if I can get either to price match. So don't like newegg. I've had nothing but problems from them even though they are fast to ship to me. I live about an hour or hour and a half from one of their major warehouses lol.

EDIT: No luck on amazon with Vivek he said not our policy sorry! bah humbug. No reason they can't match it $5 or give me $5 promo credit. I mean if they gave me a $5 amazon giftcard the probability I will spend it on something that costs more than $5 is high meaning they make more money. -.-

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what the odds are that I can do a price adjustment at Best Buy for MGR. I bought it on release day and am Silver. So its been within 60 days and I bought it before the PM policy changed...

Wow that went fast. Sold out by the time I got done answering the door for UPS -.- guess I should of ordered then did stuff.

EDIT: and for the record bestbuy was a no go too they won't do promo codes. Though I do have to say the lady I spoke with sounded like a very angry and upset person. She sounded like she didn't want to be there and why was I wasting her time. So your lucky may vary. I dunno.

bread's done
Back