Ninja Gaiden Sigma+(Vita) $11.99 @ BB

derby70

CAGiversary!
I picked up Ninja Gaiden Sigma + for Vita yesterday at Best Buy for $11.99. Used the $10 RZ certificate and got it for a couple bucks. There was only one copy at the store so YMMV.

Pretty sure this was posted before. Anyway, when it was first posted on here I went to see if my BB had any left that day and they didn't so I said to hell with it, I went to BB the other day browsing around and I picked up Castlevania for 3DS when it was $29.99 and I saw a copy of NGS+ there out of the blue so I snatched that shit up. I was happy.

saw one 3 weeks ago for $11.99 but I passed on it, as I hardly use my vita anymore. 3ds xl won me over XD

[quote name='TKSJOHN']saw one 3 weeks ago for $11.99 but I passed on it, as I hardly use my vita anymore. 3ds xl won me over XD[/QUOTE]

Lol, ikr after i got my 3ds xl i started to use it more than my vita then when mh ult came out i used my wii u more than anything... The vita really needs to step up, but i use it sometimes to finish dmc on it.

Ontopic, just went to mybestbuy and they nvr stock up on vita games and didnt see ninja gaiden

[quote name='plus1zero']I have the PS+ version but for 11.99 I'll buy a physical copy.[/QUOTE]

Same here, would love a physical copy for this price! Not sure why people would prefer an XL over a Vita, the XL is so cheap and gimmicky, but whatever.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Same here, would love a physical copy for this price! Not sure why people would prefer an XL over a Vita, the XL is so cheap and gimmicky, but whatever.[/QUOTE]

Although i agree with this, its really down to the games /: all the games on the vita are either ports or just too meh for me.. I don't even own any vita games anymore cept some psn stuff and rayman which looks beautiful so i kept it but ive been plqying more on my 3ds because of the games they have..(im also a rpg nut so yeah). Fire emblem i need to pick up today.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Although i agree with this, its really down to the games /: all the games on the vita are either ports or just too meh for me.. I don't even own any vita games anymore cept some psn stuff and rayman which looks beautiful so i kept it but ive been plqying more on my 3ds because of the games they have..(im also a rpg nut so yeah). Fire emblem i need to pick up today.[/QUOTE]

I may be alone on this but my biggest gripe with the Vita is actually the total lack of manuals =P Seriously. Im a collector and with nothing in the cases but the game card it makes me seriuosly wonder why i should shell out money for a new game instead of just buying it used now. Going all digital isn't really an option either with the price of memory cards.. just seems like kinda a crappy setup. I want my manuals!

You havetn got fire emblem yet? Get it now! its like the best one in the series, seirously

[quote name='Kenshindono']I may be alone on this but my biggest gripe with the Vita is actually the total lack of manuals =P Seriously. Im a collector and with nothing in the cases but the game card it makes me seriuosly wonder why i should shell out money for a new game instead of just buying it used now. Going all digital isn't really an option either with the price of memory cards.. just seems like kinda a crappy setup. I want my manuals!

You havetn got fire emblem yet? Get it now! its like the best one in the series, seirously[/QUOTE]

So no Vita games have manuals?? I was gonna get P4G used from GS but it didn't have a manual, so I bought it new and there was still no manual. I thought maybe it was just that game in particular.

Anyways I'd buy ninja gaiden for $12 if I see it.

[quote name='darkskill']So no Vita games have manuals?? I was gonna get P4G used from GS but it didn't have a manual, so I bought it new and there was still no manual. I thought maybe it was just that game in particular.

Anyways I'd buy ninja gaiden for $12 if I see it.[/QUOTE]

Nope not a single one. At least none of the ones i opened. I checked online and evidently its par for the course. Supposedly even collectors shit doesn't have one. Like my copies of P4G collectors editions, or Ragnarok, ect. I havent opened either of those, but even THEY dont have them i guess... you pay premium prices for artbooks and other swag, but they cant be bothered to put a fucking manual in the god damn thing. I can kinda understand for sports games, some FPS's, ect. But us RPG fans love our damn manuals.

Ridiculous. I would definitely recommend just buying it used. fuck these companies, if theyre gonna go super cheap on us like that, id rather just not give them any of my money. Bah... Anyway, Id snag this but i think i picked it up for $15 a while back. I recall my local one had like 2 copies left a few weeks ago. Maybe i'll see if theyre still there this week

[quote name='darkskill']So no Vita games have manuals?? I was gonna get P4G used from GS but it didn't have a manual, so I bought it new and there was still no manual. I thought maybe it was just that game in particular.

Anyways I'd buy ninja gaiden for $12 if I see it.[/QUOTE]

None of them do. They all have digital manuals, that's why. When you load a game before you click on 'start', you will see a pink/red(?) picture of a book. When you click on that, it will open the manual. I personally hate the digital only stuff, but for the Vita, these digital manuals work perfectly with the touch screen. All in color and very easy to flip through with touch controls.

[quote name='TKSJOHN']saw one 3 weeks ago for $11.99 but I passed on it, as I hardly use my vita anymore. 3ds xl won me over XD[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Lol, ikr after i got my 3ds xl i started to use it more than my vita then when mh ult came out i used my wii u more than anything... The vita really needs to step up, but i use it sometimes to finish dmc on it.

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chimpmeister']Same here, would love a physical copy for this price! Not sure why people would prefer an XL over a Vita, the XL is so cheap and gimmicky, but whatever.[/QUOTE]

The 3DS has lots of non-port games because it's not easy to port current gen games to the system. The Vita on the other hand is close enough hardware so many companies do it for quick bucks. It all boils down to what type of games you like. For me, I'm favoring the Vita at the moment because it can produce full fledged console games on the go like Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive, and more that are cross playable with console of the same brand. 3DS has its own great games but you will never see a game of Ninja Gaiden caliber on it because the system just couldn't handle it, even with 3D off. The Vita is just barely making it with half the framerate. Team Ninja hinted that they were working on a Ninja Gaiden game for the 3DS prior to the 3DS launch; it hasn't been mentioned since. It's a good sign that they gave up.

Yea my biggest gripe with NG on the Vita is the frame rate hit. I'm sure the Vita is as powerful as the OG Xbox, and can't dish out a 60 fps clip? No thanks, the game came with my system and just sits on my shelf. Play my 3DS more than my arcade PCBs lately.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']The 3DS has lots of non-port games because it's not easy to port current gen games to the system. The Vita on the other hand is close enough hardware so many companies do it for quick bucks. It all boils down to what type of games you like. For me, I'm favoring the Vita at the moment because it can produce full fledged console games on the go like Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive, and more that are cross playable with console of the same brand. 3DS has its own great games but you will never see a game of Ninja Gaiden caliber on it because the system just couldn't handle it, even with 3D off. The Vita is just barely making it with half the framerate. Team Ninja hinted that they were working on a Ninja Gaiden game for the 3DS prior to the 3DS launch; it hasn't been mentioned since. It's a good sign that they gave up.[/QUOTE]

Have to disagree with you there. They always make current gen games for the 3ds (but it'll always be a crappy port like some vita games are too). And also you said they do it for quick bucks again, 3DS lol. Also i wouldn't look at ninja gaiden as a full fledge game on the vita...(it has been ported many times and just the guy above me said framerate sucks). I see your point.. Vita has better hardware than 3ds but it still comes down to games /:.

too bad you guys don't have access to JP Vita games....unless if you guys don't like the games I play. having more fun with the Vita personally

Strange that this title is no longer even listed on best buy's site, and all 3 stores in my area are not only sold out, but the title cards are also gone... :/

[quote name='Kenshindono']I may be alone on this but my biggest gripe with the Vita is actually the total lack of manuals =P Seriously. Im a collector and with nothing in the cases but the game card it makes me seriuosly wonder why i should shell out money for a new game instead of just buying it used now. Going all digital isn't really an option either with the price of memory cards.. just seems like kinda a crappy setup. I want my manuals![/QUOTE]

Same here. Without Manuals Vita game cases just feel incomplete and barren to me. Between that, memory card prices, and the fact that a lot of games don't run in native resolution (the only dedicated handheld to ever do that), the Vita is a total trainwreck imo. I've got like 100+ PSP games on UMD, but can't find it in me to support the Vita as-is.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Nope not a single one. At least none of the ones i opened. I checked online and evidently its par for the course. Supposedly even collectors shit doesn't have one. Like my copies of P4G collectors editions, or Ragnarok, ect. I havent opened either of those, but even THEY dont have them i guess... you pay premium prices for artbooks and other swag, but they cant be bothered to put a fucking manual in the god damn thing. I can kinda understand for sports games, some FPS's, ect. But us RPG fans love our damn manuals.

Ridiculous. I would definitely recommend just buying it used. fuck these companies, if theyre gonna go super cheap on us like that, id rather just not give them any of my money. Bah... Anyway, Id snag this but i think i picked it up for $15 a while back. I recall my local one had like 2 copies left a few weeks ago. Maybe i'll see if theyre still there this week[/QUOTE]

I heard that sony actually encourages companies NOT to include a physical manual and put it all on the cart.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Have to disagree with you there. They always make current gen games for the 3ds (but it'll always be a crappy port like some vita games are too). And also you said they do it for quick bucks again, 3DS lol. Also i wouldn't look at ninja gaiden as a full fledge game on the vita...(it has been ported many times and just the guy above me said framerate sucks). I see your point.. Vita has better hardware than 3ds but it still comes down to games /:.[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean Ninja Gaiden specific as a full fledge game, although it is a full fledge game even if it has been poerted 4 times. ;) I'm mainly talking about an ultra fast action game running at 60fps. It could be Bayonetta or Metal Gear Rising. Since the Vita can barely hit that mar, the 3DS has no chance.

The manuals are purely for looks or collectible purposes. They do make the game case more appealing when you open it. The Vita cases are pretty cool, but yes, without inserts or manuals, physical copies are "incomplete." Anyhow, this is a good deal, but it was free for PS+ members.

[quote name='Kaijuboy']Strange that this title is no longer even listed on best buy's site, and all 3 stores in my area are not only sold out, but the title cards are also gone... :/

.[/QUOTE]

if they're sold out and it's not listed on their site.. why is that strange?

I love my Vita, I plan to get DOA5 when a price drop comes. Man, Im still hoping and praying some Arkham Game series makes its way on there. It could easily handle it.

But Playing through sidescroller goodness on my XL right now cant be beat.

[quote name='Serpentor']The manuals are purely for looks or collectible purposes. They do make the game case more appealing when you open it. The Vita cases are pretty cool, but yes, without inserts or manuals, physical copies are "incomplete." Anyhow, this is a good deal, but it was free for PS+ members.[/QUOTE]

JPN & ASIAN versions have manual.

For all the hype that the Ninja Gaiden games get, I sure found this game underwhelming when I finally tried it. Just another hack and slash.

[quote name='NEP']For all the hype that the Ninja Gaiden games get, I sure found this game underwhelming when I finally tried it. Just another hack and slash.[/QUOTE]

Lol. Not even close, you aren't playing it right. You won't finish the game using hack and slash....although Sigma did seem easier than Black when I played through it again on VITA.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jkam']Lol. Not even close, you aren't playing it right. You won't finish the game using hack and slash....although Sigma did seem easier than Black when I played through it again on VITA.[/QUOTE]

yeah, he won't even beat level one's boss if he's playing it hack n slash style (aka button mashing). yes, sigma games are easier. normal on sigma is ninja dog in the original. hard in sigma is normal in the original, etc...

From this month's @gamer review for NG Sigma 2 +

but it looks drab and runs at half the PS3's framerate; (with no online leaderbords either) bummer, but them's the breaks when livin la Vita loca. I wish Team Ninja better justified that "Plus."

Overall Rating: 3

PASS.

[quote name='Masterkyo']the 1st game is great on vita. the 2nd game is that suck! Only 3 out of 10?[/QUOTE]

No @gamer is Best Buy's gaming magazine.

They rate on a 1-5 scale. 3 outta 5 isnt terrible, but def not quality.

[quote name='Masterkyo']the 1st game is great on vita. the 2nd game is that suck! Only 3 out of 10?[/QUOTE]

Huuuge NG fan here. NGS2+ is maybe a 6.5-7/10. It's still a lot of fun, but man it's choppy. Even with gore off a game that quick needs to have consistency if its gonna have 30 FPS. With 4-5 enemies it drops to about 10.

bread's done
Back