cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

how is this a deal unless they are paying us 4 dollars to buy it

#4 ohnoitschris

ohnoitschris

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

If you read the entire backstory behind the development, the game is perfect for a cheap laugh. But if you're actually looking for a serious quality shooter, skip it.

#5 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

Use the 20% B-day code to further reduce the price

#6 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

Got this from Best Buy for $2.99, NEW, because it was cheap.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#7 ratruby

ratruby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

The turd burgler achievement alone makes it worth the price of admission.

#8 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:34 AM

Get ready and brace yourselves for all the "still 3.99 too expensive" crap everyone is going to say.

512847.png

#9 thrifty1

thrifty1

Delicious Deal Stacker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

You can currently pick this game up new on amazon for the PS3 for $3.99. Shipping will cost as much as the game. I'm tempted. That's so cheap.

#10 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

I got early access to the beta because I bought the Borderlands GOTY. Pretty disappointing title to have the "Duke Nukem" logo on it.

660090.png 660091.png

#11 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

Just for the record, this has BEEN $3.99 at Gamestop and you can probably wait longer for an even cheaper price, or find it around the same price new if you don't like Gamestop.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#12 parrothead87

parrothead87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

I paid $5 for it and played through it partially. Its not that bad if your expectations are not that high. I will probably go back and finish it one day

#13 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

I think i'm the only person who was happy to pay 60 for this

I paid $100 for the BoS edition and $30ish for the LE guide at midnight. Totally worth it for me for the forbidden fruit/post mortem factor but as an actual game it's pretty terrible.

uc.png

#14 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

It really isn't all that bad. They used what was left of Forever when they bought it so it had old gameplay mechanics.

The humour and most things that made Duke, Duke were in there. (The downside is only allowing you to have 2 weapons).

xivpads.png

#15 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

I never really saw why people hated the game so much I payed $10 from a gamefly sale and enjoyed playing through the game. I'm guessing it had to do with the fact that I never had any high expectations for the game and maybe the people who hate it were the ones anticipating it to be a AAA game or people just jumping on the "Duke Nukem Forever Sucks because it sucks" Bandwagon. I think people should give the game a chance.

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!

#16 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

just buy it, beat it and return it within a week for the free rental. its 2.15$ after the birthday coupon and card which is peanuts. im going to rebuy it soon to finish the game as im half way through it. the classic duke humor and blowing enemies away with the shotgun are worth the 2.15$ price tag lol
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#17 JMusic

JMusic

音楽人

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

I got my $5 worth of enjoyment out of it. I base that on the "Movie Ticket Theorem".

#18 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

just buy it, beat it and return it within a week for the free rental.

If you're going to abuse their return policy and risk getting banned from returns, at least make it worthwhile... don't waste your "rentals" on a $4 copy of Duke Nukem Forever.

DNF is not an awful game, but really, how many truly awful games are there these days? To me, mediocre is the new bad. Unless you are absolutely starved for something to play (to which I might ask "how!?"), I can't reccommend this game. Bland levels, bland combat, even the "classic Duke Nukem humor" doesn't really hold up.

4 bucks is cheap for sure, but let's be honest, it's probably not going to go up in price for a good long while.

#19 geohouse

geohouse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

It was $3.99 at bestbuy last year.

#20 limelight022

limelight022

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

As a fan of the original game, I was looking forward to this one. I enjoyed it. The graphics are a bit muddy but it was fun to play. If it werent for the 35+ second load times every time i died I would do another playthough on hard.

#21 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

bestbuy clearanced it out for 2.99$ last year. if you see a copy at your local bestbuy it will ring up for that price. thats how i got my copy earlier this year
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#22 captainenforcer

captainenforcer

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

Definitely worth it if you play it with an open mind.

#23 E-104 Epsilon

E-104 Epsilon

Saltybets King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

I think i'm the only person who was happy to pay 60 for this

I don't remember how much I paid, I think in the range of $10-20, and I played the crap out of this game. Still one of my favorites on the Xbox 360.

Also one of the only games I 1000/1000 gamerscored.

:360: Game Count: ~108

#24 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

It's a fun game.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#25 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

Would rather repickup MAG for $.99 if the servers are still up.

#26 stripwhite

stripwhite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

bestbuy clearanced it out for 2.99$ last year. if you see a copy at your local bestbuy it will ring up for that price. thats how i got my copy earlier this year

That's where I picked it up many, many months ago.

Still sitting on my shelf in the original plastic. I'll probably just keep it that way till it becomes a collectible. Any day now, I'll be rolling in dough. Just gotta play the waiting game.
Posted Image

#27 Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

I was in for one. This was a price I was ok with paying. I had some trade it credit from months ago so I only had to fork out .75. To the backlog it goes.

Yannie+Boy.png

fs_lastplayed.png

#28 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

This game isn't bad... it's just incredibly mediocre and outstays its welcome. Too many bland, drawn out, repetitive segments. There is some good ol' Duke fun to be had here. I'd say it's a decent game for $10 or less. Definitely worth it at $4.

#29 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

I do recommend the dlc campaign! It is about 4-5 hours long with a bunch of collectibles!

(I think it played a lot better than the original campaign)

xivpads.png

#30 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

The Balls of Steel version of the game is also available for $20 if you can find one in-store.

http://www.gamestop....l-edition/90268

I picked one up a couple of weeks ago just because I thought it looked cool. I may just keep it sealed.

I got frustrated with the copy I bought from Best Buy for cheap a year or so ago, so I'm only half-finished. Been meaning it finish it if I can just get past the part where you have to bounce the grenades while avoiding getting squirted on by the walking dongs. :bomb: The game otherwise has decent humor and is fun, so long as you don't get stuck.
"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed