OTT is Dead. OTT Remains Dead.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
509 replies to this topic

#361 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

Thinking about getting a :3ds: even though I don't have time to play the RPGs on my PSP Go that I have.

Not sure if I should spring for the XL version or not. Was kinda watching ebay, hoping for a bundle with maybe a mario game tossed in there, for less than $200.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#362 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

That Xbox thread is a train wreck. :lol:

That TimboSlice moron is like an ambitious slidecage. He's stupid as hell, but he never quits spewing his bullshit.

#363 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:44 AM

Thinking about getting a :3ds: even though I don't have time to play the RPGs on my PSP Go that I have.

Not sure if I should spring for the XL version or not. Was kinda watching ebay, hoping for a bundle with maybe a mario game tossed in there, for less than $200.

If you're going to get a DS get he XL. It's a huge difference and not much more money.

I was thinking of pre-ordering the new xbox but after todays press conference, I dunno.

#364 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:38 AM

That Xbox thread is a train wreck. :lol:

That TimboSlice moron is like an ambitious slidecage. He's stupid as hell, but he never quits spewing his bullshit.

He argues forever about how stupid and terrible Phil Harrison is to discredit whatever he's been saying about the Xbox One, but then it turns out that he's been really thinking about somebody else completely. So I just put him on my ignore list so that I know not to bother with his crap.

#365 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:14 AM

If you're going to get a DS get he XL. It's a huge difference and not much more money.

I was thinking of pre-ordering the new xbox but after todays press conference, I dunno.

That's true, and will probably be what I do. Justifying $30 new for the tiny games will be a bit difficult. Especially knowing the first party Nintendo Games (your Marios, your Zeldas) never drop in price.

I buy most of my :ps3: games either used or digitally.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#366 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:39 AM

He argues forever about how stupid and terrible Phil Harrison is to discredit whatever he's been saying about the Xbox One, but then it turns out that he's been really thinking about somebody else completely. So I just put him on my ignore list so that I know not to bother with his crap.

It's seriously ridiculous. He's been making poorly-written and misspelled post after post for TWELVE straight hours now, most of them only a minute or two apart from the previous one. That thread has nearly 1,000 posts, and almost 200 are his. He supposedly is a grown man with two school-age children, yet he can't spell "dollars". For some reason, he thinks it has an "e" in it. It might be possible to overlook his grammar if he had some coherent thoughts, but most of them are just nonsensical "Sony only showed games at their conference. MS did better by showing TV features first"-type stuff.

#367 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:07 AM

The ghost dad shit in Dexter really kind of gets annoying after a while.

#368 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:26 AM

The ghost dad shit in Dexter really kind of gets annoying after a while.

What season are you in? He gets old but I thought the change to his character in season 3 made it much more fun.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#369 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:37 AM

I'm in the middle of the fourth season. I don't think it's so much that I dislike the character. I've just never cared much for that actor.

#370 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

Xbox One conference was disappointing, but I do think it looks like a nice improvement over the 360. Not sure it will be worth the (currently unknown) asking price, but the gadget freak in me wants one. Probably can't afford it. Main reason I might buy one is that a bunch of my friends are going to get it. Second biggest reason is the presumed Dance Central 4.
Posted Image

#371 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

Xbox One conference was disappointing, but I do think it looks like a nice improvement over the 360. Not sure it will be worth the (currently unknown) asking price, but the gadget freak in me wants one. Probably can't afford it. Main reason I might buy one is that a bunch of my friends are going to get it. Second biggest reason is the presumed Dance Central 4.

I'm probably done with ghaimez, but man the fact that they can't clarify the online thing and the used games thing scares me.

#372 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

I'm in the middle of the fourth season. I don't think it's so much that I dislike the character. I've just never cared much for that actor.

It starts to lessen as the rest of the series goes on. That season is big on his dad.

#373 metaphysicalstyles

metaphysicalstyles

Boo this man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

Made a terrible decision and created a website/blog monster thing with two of my friends. It's a mess of information and social commentary. Just wanted to share with the CAG community that such a thing exists, and if you're really bored, maybe you'd be interested in a quick look-see. It's still in it's infancy, and can use some work, but the three of us are trying to contribute to it daily. No real theme... kinda like the OTT. Hence the reason I reluctantly decided to spread word here before I hang myself with a new thread.

Did all the other crap too... twitter, facebook, etc.

www.abloggymess.com
@abloggymess

Feedback welcome?

Thanks!

We're also looking for people to contribute... just throwing that out there.
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/neuroned%27Posted Image

#374 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:00 AM

I'm probably done with ghaimez, but man the fact that they can't clarify the online thing and the used games thing scares me.

I'm almost there (I hate buying stuff I don't own)- thinking about dropping about 2 & change on a gaming rig that is also capable of some decent video editing and BD mastering. Maybe once my palliative caretaker duties are done I can find the time again.

Might as well just edit instead of a double post:

Is anyone watching Defiance? Am I an ass for thinking it's terrible?

Edited by h3llbring3r, 23 May 2013 - 12:55 AM.

#375 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:23 AM

Played a bit of Saints Row 2 after finishing The Third, which is much rougher to play due to odd controls and a lack of some of The Third's nicer features.

#376 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:10 AM

It has a better overall story though.

What's really rough is beating 2 and Third, then going back to try and play 1. Not only is it archaic in comparison, it's also really fucking bad.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#377 FloodyFloats

FloodyFloats

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:58 AM

Any of you guys know if the ps3 version of SR3 the full package comes with SR2?

Been playing GTA4 and just got to the part where you need to blow up a helicopter.Cant tell if the game is almost over or not, but I'm enjoying it so far.

#378 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:28 AM

Saints Row The Third only included SR2 for a few months after launch, so I doubt that the new thing has it.

#379 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:47 AM

That's true, and will probably be what I do. Justifying $30 new for the tiny games will be a bit difficult. Especially knowing the first party Nintendo Games (your Marios, your Zeldas) never drop in price.

I buy most of my :ps3: games either used or digitally.

Most of the Nintendo games are $30 currently at BB, Target, & AZ. They're normally $40.

#380 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

Played a bit of Saints Row 2 after finishing The Third, which is much rougher to play due to odd controls and a lack of some of The Third's nicer features.

It has a better overall story though.

What's really rough is beating 2 and Third, then going back to try and play 1. Not only is it archaic in comparison, it's also really fucking bad.

I only had trouble with a couple of the Saints Row 2 missions at the end. (Especially the helicopter one). Pretty sure I set most of the game to easy. Never would have played it if it wasn't free from PS +.

Saints Row 2 had a story?
(There was a dude. Shooting some other gang banger dudes. Then he shoots the evil corporate dude.)

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#381 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

I only had trouble with a couple of the Saints Row 2 missions at the end. (Especially the helicopter one). Pretty sure I set most of the game to easy. Never would have played it if it wasn't free from PS +.

(There was a dude. Shooting some other gang banger dudes. Then he shoots the evil corporate dude.)

Yea it was a generic "criminal kingpin takes over the city" story but it actually had some semblance of character arcs. The Third just went balls out ballistic with nonsensical shit. I loved it but it was all over the place (on purpose).

#382 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

Wasn't saying it was hard, just the downgrade in visuals and the weird control scheme makes it a rougher experience after The Third. If you liked 2, you should definitely check out The Third.

#383 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

I liked Saints Row Two. (Aside from the constant breaks to do repetitive respect building tasks). Would play the third one for the right price. (Free)

Had to rage quit on the final boss of Resident Evil 5 the other night. Too many deaths from an attack off screen and after punching the boulder I couldn't manage to score any damage.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#384 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

Technically all now 4 games share the same protagonist. In 2 they could have been so damaged by the events of the end of 1 they had to switch the sex to female. Then in 3 they just threw in the sex change hospitals that you could flip flop for a fee.

Although I haven't seen any footage from 4 with a female lead so maybe you're forced to be a male again.

#385 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

Technically all now 4 games share the same protagonist. In 2 they could have been so damaged by the events of the end of 1 they had to switch the sex to female. Then in 3 they just threw in the sex change hospitals that you could flip flop for a fee.

Although I haven't seen any footage from 4 with a female lead so maybe you're forced to be a male again.

They'd never do that. Most of the early footage/promotional material for The Third also featured a male protagonist as that's the canon boss. Same thing with Shepherd from Mass Effect (until they got Femshep in the third one)

#386 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:45 PM

This is from a review of the new Ryan Gosling movie he did with the same guy who made Drive.

A typical review, this one from Hollywood Elsewhere: “...hyperviolent, ethically repulsive, sad, nonsensical, deathly dull, snail-paced, idiotic, possibly woman-hating, visually suffocating, pretentious.”

#387 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:51 PM

This is from a review of the new Ryan Gosling movie he did with the same guy who made Drive.

That review makes me sad since I absolutely love Drive.

#388 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:55 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=343766

This new Starmask thread could be thread of the year.

#389 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:59 PM

starmask's answer to why he would meet someone trying to scam him might be the funniest post he's ever made on CAG:

"Because I want to take him down"

#390 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:13 AM

That review makes me sad since I absolutely love Drive.

I don't know, that review could easily apply to Drive as well.

Note: I loved Drive.