3DS eShop sales thread - 4/30 Nano Assault EX for $9.99

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#31 rayword45

rayword45

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:34 AM

Is this game really that special? Edge gave it a 60.

That was a pathetic excuse of a review. If you can't hold down your R button then sucks s for you. Really, I can see the design flaws, but not "this is now a 6" design flaws.

It's best described as a cross between Pac-Man and Qix. At $5, it's worth a shot, and if you like it it should last you 8-12 hours for the campaign plus loads of replay value.

#32 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:39 AM

It's a step up from the competition, but yes, their UI designers totally suck. You really just noticed this? >.>

Bad game UIs or the 3ds eshop thing? Been aware of both for quite a while.

#33 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:48 AM

anyone got

ORDER UP

is it worth the 5

and how long did you play it
WOOOO I STINK

#34 Jnubs

Jnubs

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:28 AM

Is Harmoknight worth the 15?

The demo was hella fun.

#35 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

The Guild01 titles will be on sale for a while:

Renowned Japanese video game company LEVEL-5, best known for the critically acclaimed Professor Layton series and Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, has announced that three recently released titles for Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS™ will be on sale from April 18 through May 30. Those titles include SUDA51’s dramatic sci-fi shooter LIBERATION MAIDEN™, Yoot Saito’s quirky airport simulation AERO PORTER™, and Yasumi Matsuno’s visionary RPG CRIMSON SHROUD™.

The three titles were part of the GUILD01 collection in Japan, a series of games directed by some of Japan’s most celebrated game designers who were given the freedom to express new ideas as part of LEVEL-5’s strategy to bring these creative masterworks to the world.

SALE DETAILS
From April 18 through May 30, LIBERATION MAIDEN will be marked down from $7.99 to $4.99 USD; AERO PORTER will move from $4.99 to $2.99 USD; and CRIMSON SHROUD will be on sale for $4.99 from the original $7.99 USD. For more information about each of these titles, please visit http://level5ia.com/blackbox/. All three titles will also be on sale in Europe.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#36 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Well, the talent and the prices seem right. Now to read up on them. Any thoughts in here?

#37 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

Liberation Maiden was staggeringly mediocre. A complete bland inoffensive uninspiring waste of talent, time, and energy. You could do worse but my 3DS already has a half dozen better games at $5 or less.

#38 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

I'll be in for liberation maiden and crimson shroud. I'll have to look into aero porter.
Posted Image

#39 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Is Harmoknight worth the 15?

The demo was hella fun.

I'd say it's worth the $15 if you enjoyed the demo. Fun little game, decent amount of stages. There are hard versions of each stage with unlockable artwork awarded for earning a gold ranking on the hard versions of each stage.

Only 5 Pokemon songs though. Kind of disappointed there weren't more.
Posted Image

#40 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

Nice. I didn't expect some of these games to go on sale, but glad I waited.

#41 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

Already got Liberation Maiden (it feels very similar control-wise and to some extent, gameplay-wise to Kid Icarus Uprising), will probably get Aero Porter.

& Harmoknight is decent enough for the $15 if you're into music games. Gotta agree that it was kind of lackluster that there was only 5 bonus songs, but they were still a nice addition, plus the fact you can unlock faster versions of each song, adding to the replay value. Always enjoy it when Game Freak makes a game that ISN'T Pokemon (Drill Dozer, Pulseman, etc.).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#42 Kidorangepanda

Kidorangepanda

Arcade PCB Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

I'll definitely scoop Crimson Shroud on Thursday. Been waiting for that one to go on sale.

#43 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

Bumping this up since the Guild01 games are on sale now.

#44 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

Grabbed Liberation Maiden and Crimson Shroud. Ordered a 32gb sd card since these sales seem to be happening on a regular basis now. Hopefully retail games will start getting eshop discounts as well. Would like to pick up the new brain age game for about $15.
Posted Image

#45 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

Wait, EscapeVektor ends 4/18...does that mean I can still pick it up or is it already over?

oIi9lub.png

#46 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

Pretty sure it's over. There was a sales section & it wasn't mentioned there, especially since the store has already updated.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#47 zeldaking

zeldaking

I LOVE BOOBS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

anyone know if these old Wii 2000 Points Cards will work with buying 3DS games on eShop?

I have two from a few years ago I got to use

http://www.amazon.co...wii points card

#48 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

anyone know if these old Wii 2000 Points Cards will work with buying 3DS games on eShop?

Nope. Those only work on the Wii Shop.

#49 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

i have 3 dsiwere/wii shop cards i found i never used as well.. too bad they never release anything good on the dsiwere shop
WOOOO I STINK

#50 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

No, you either need a card like this or this for the 3DS.

#51 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

Got Guild01 except AeroPorter. Like puzzle games but that doesn't look that hot. Anyone convince me otherwise?
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#52 Kidorangepanda

Kidorangepanda

Arcade PCB Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

Went ahead and scooped the Crimson Shroud, let's hope I play it this year.
Sell me your Candy Cabs!

#53 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

Got Guild01 except AeroPorter. Like puzzle games but that doesn't look that hot. Anyone convince me otherwise?

I picked it up this morning and managed to stumble through a few levels. Normally I'm not a fan of puzzle games but I have to admit that this one quickly won me over.

It's not really a "hmm, how do I do this" type of puzzle game. Rather it tests your ability to juggle multiple tasks at the same time. Like most puzzle games the quicker you accomplish the tasks the better.

The gameplay is extremely simple at its core, basically you're just sorting colored items. Things get challenging real quick. The best comparison I can make is it's sort of like the old game Tapper in that you have to manage multiple fields of play at the same time, but you're controlling all the different plains at the exact same time. You may try to move one item and accidentally sort three other items incorrectly at the same time because you weren't paying close enough attention. Timing your button presses also becomes a big factor.

I realize my description may not be very clear but you'll quickly grasp the gameplay after just a few minutes. I think it's worth the $3.

#54 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:18 AM

I started aero porter, and I'd say the concept is not important; it really just serves as an explanation for the gameplay, like burger time or order up. You wouldnt say bit trip runner is a game about exercise. Either way I think it's fun so far.

The only drawback IMO is no 3D support

#55 IronChariot

IronChariot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

Is Liberation Maiden a good buy at $5? Already picked up Crimson, but I'm undecided on the other two.

#56 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:30 AM

Is Liberation Maiden a good buy at $5? Already picked up Crimson, but I'm undecided on the other two.

It is fun but it is SHOOOOORT. Like maybe 30 minutes short. I guess if you are a hi-score person you might get more out of it, but I don't know if I could justify $5 for it.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#57 IronChariot

IronChariot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

It is fun but it is SHOOOOORT. Like maybe 30 minutes short. I guess if you are a hi-score person you might get more out of it, but I don't know if I could justify $5 for it.

Damn, that is short. Thanks for the warning.

#58 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:48 AM

Liberation Maiden feels like a free-roaming version of Kid Icarus Uprising's flying levels, especially since the controls feel very similar (fly using the circle pad, attack using the touch screen). It's decent enough, plus there's a gallery that you can unlock stuff via specific goals, so it helps add some replay value.

As for Aero Porter, Thrinn pretty much summed it up, but after playing it a bit, I have NO idea if I like it. I think once I got the 4th conveyor belt/circle, it was annoying because it was harder to tell when I could make the luggage switch from the bottom screen to the top or vice versa due to the space between the screens making hard to judge the timing as to when I need to press the button.. You have to do a LOT of multitasking.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#59 zeldaking

zeldaking

I LOVE BOOBS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:14 AM

Nope. Those only work on the Wii Shop.

will that at least work for the Wii U games or is is just Wii only? thanks

#60 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:30 AM

will that at least work for the Wii U games or is is just Wii only? thanks

The Wii U doesn't use points, so they don't work on the Wii U eShop. They might work on the Wii Shop in Wii mode.