Photo
- - - - -

Star Trek 3-disc BD: $5 at Walmar YMMV

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Timmy_Tim_Tim

Timmy_Tim_Tim

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:00 AM

Just left Wal-Mart in Lakeland, FL. They had multiple copies of Star Trek, the 3-disc Blu-ray Special Edition with Digital Copy, for $5. Looked like the DVD was regular price. This was sitting on a shelf with a $5 shelf tag. Rang up at checkout with no problems.

#2 jedifrog21

jedifrog21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:05 AM

My Walmart SUCKS. They never have any of this stuff. I'm supposed to go "WHAT NO WAY!" at dvds for $7.88

#3 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:20 AM

Rummage the $5 bin. You would be surprised what you find there.

#4 rcannon

rcannon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:20 AM

My Walmart SUCKS. They never have any of this stuff. I'm supposed to go "WHAT NO WAY!" at dvds for $7.88

Same here. If I want to drive 30 mins to the next closest Walmart I can get some of these deals, but that is just too far to maybe get a good deal.
"Once upon a time I could control myself' - Once by Pearl Jam

#5 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

Driving by Walmart tomorrow, I may have to stop in to check it out. Thanks.

#6 HCHecxz

HCHecxz

The Hecxzellent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:56 AM

I know we have a buttload of them sitting on this small overflow cap sticking out like a sore thumb in our walmart for over a year now. Looks like I might go check and scan them just to see. I hope your right. I so wanted this movie on Blu-Ray.
The Hecxz-ellent One of CAG.com

Posted Image

#7 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:02 AM

I feel like I've seen this, probably at a similar price, in my walmart before. Stupidly didn't pick it up though, so I'll have to check next time I'm there
If they had sliced open my belly, my lunch would have spilled out, and I would've had to eat it all over again!

#8 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:47 AM

I got this about a year ago when they had it for $5 along with transformers big edition. Digital copy says it expired in 2010.

#9 mediviper

mediviper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:52 AM

Nice, Ill have to check it out. Thanks OP

#10 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

I got this about a year ago when they had it for $5 along with transformers big edition. Digital copy says it expired in 2010.

It may still work because I was behind on downloading several of my DCs and I remember doing this one last month and it worked just fine.

http://www.cheapassg...trade-gone-bad/

Heroes.jpg
I dont trade out of the US anymore!!!!!!!

#11 strife01104

strife01104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

Already have dvd and dc of movie but the BD at $5 is a damn good deal.

#12 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

Wal-Mart is almost always YMMV. I'll check next time I'm there to try to confirm.

#13 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

Rummage the $5 bin. You would be surprised what you find there.

yep. this really is the most random bin in the world.

#14 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

I believe the PC Digital Copy expires. The iTunes one doesn't. At least, not from my experience. Have a few blu-rays where the digital copy was expired, but the iTunes one worked just fine.
Fight for the Lost

#15 kaos424

kaos424

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

Anyone get an extra copy of this they would want to sell and ship to me? lol I searched our local walmart and turned up nothing.

#16 TheLiptonDipper

TheLiptonDipper

Brony 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:54 AM

I just checked out my Walmart and only saw the DVD for $5. NO three disc bluray set in sight, so I wasn't able to confirm this. I did pick up The Other Guys bluray for $5, I'm very glad about that purchase.

I need to do some Spring cleaning on my backlog.

#17 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

I got Clash of the Titans for $5 (Liam Neeson). Not great but worth that I think. No Star Trek in sight but a few good ones at that price point.

#18 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

I guess some places are just lucky. The only $5 Blu-Ray in the store here is No Country For Old Men and that's been there forever.

#19 Timmy_Tim_Tim

Timmy_Tim_Tim

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

We have 3 Walmarts in town. Only one had Star Trek, and only one had the $5 Transformers: ROTF. The one Walmart with Star Trek had about a dozen copies. The one with Transformers had more than I could count, stuck in multiple places.

#20 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

So sad that Star Trek is being lumped in with the turd that is Revenge of the Fallen. One movie is an excellent relaunch of a classic at the hands of a reverent director, the other is an abhorrent whoring out of a classic franchise due to the whims of a bombastic director.

#21 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

So sad that Star Trek is being lumped in with the turd that is Revenge of the Fallen. One movie is an excellent relaunch of a classic at the hands of a reverent director, the other is an abhorrent whoring out of a classic franchise due to the whims of a bombastic director.

Yeah, damn Star Trek and it's bombastic director!

I'll check mine today and hope to find one at least.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#22 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

So Star Trek is the whore right?

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#23 daver16

daver16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

Checked the 2 walmarts near me no bluray version only tons and tons of the dvd version booo!

#24 Mry087

Mry087

Cheap Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

Same here only bluray I saw that I thought was worth grabbing was terminator salvation for $5. Going to try hitting up one of the other 4 walmarts in the area.

#25 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

Considering that Walmart lumps any movie in their $5 bin, I'm surprised you chose to point out such an irrelevant point. I hated RotF as much as the next person (I enjoyed some of its action sequences and that's it), but at least I don't go whining about how it's stuck into some random Walmart bin.

In any case, I should check my nearby Walmart for Star Trek. Been meaning to grab the 3-disc blu-ray.
Fight for the Lost

#26 dchuck

dchuck

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

Informative discussion thanks for sharing

#27 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

Thanks for sharing

#28 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

At most locations I am lucky to see any non-new release in bluray.

#29 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

Is it that hard for them not to fill the f'n bins 10x their capacity so when you try to dig for a movie shit doesn't spill all over the place?

#30 rcannon

rcannon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:25 AM

Is it that hard for them not to fill the f'n bins 10x their capacity so when you try to dig for a movie shit doesn't spill all over the place?

I've grabbed an empty shopping cart to fill up for this very reason. I always hope for some hidden gems at the bottom, but have yet to find any.
"Once upon a time I could control myself' - Once by Pearl Jam