(Xbox) $15 Newegg gift card with pre order of Grand Theft Auto V

best deal I've seen, but honestly I'm starting to think R* games aren't for me. Never played a GTA, but Red Dead and La Noire were both disappointing IMO. I don't really get the fuss:roll:

Newegg has great deals but the fact that they don't do release day delivery disappoints me.

[quote name='DRV']Newegg has great deals but the fact that they don't do release day delivery disappoints me.[/QUOTE]

This:cry:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']best deal I've seen, but honestly I'm starting to think R* games aren't for me. Never played a GTA, but Red Dead and La Noire were both disappointing IMO. I don't really get the fuss:roll:[/QUOTE]

You have to be kidding me! GTA's, Red Dead and LA Noire were all incredible!

Noire was developed by an entirely different studio, so I guess you only have played one R* game. Too bad you didn't play Vice City when that came out, as that's likely still the best R* game.

Reason why I bought my Xbox 360 was for GTA IV.

My last midnight release I went was GTA IV.

I will be going for the midnight release of GTA V.

I can't say if a gift card offer will entice me to not go.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']best deal I've seen, but honestly I'm starting to think R* games aren't for me. Never played a GTA, but Red Dead and La Noire were both disappointing IMO. I don't really get the fuss:roll:[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you. To each his own. I used to play R* games since GTA1 on the PS1 (probably my most played R* game behind GTA3). Looking back at all their recent games, they are very good, they just never held my interest for more than a day or two. RDR was great, need to get back to it, but most times, these huge sandbox games feel like a waste of time for me. I feel like 50-60% of all my actual game time is travel from point A to B without anything that actually happened.

To each his own I guess, but this is a great deal. Good find OP. Not for me, but a good deal if you are willing to wait a day or two (although for me, i always get newegg new releases on the day of release or day after, so its not to bad).

This will be one of the very very very few games where playing on release day will be more enticing than any gift card amount. If it were money off the game up front then maybe I would bite but the odds of that happening are all but non-existent.

[quote name='TotalHenshin']Noire was developed by an entirely different studio, so I guess you only have played one R* game. Too bad you didn't play Vice City when that came out, as that's likely still the best R* game.[/QUOTE]

That's a funny way to spell San Andreas :lol:

I'd bite if it was the PS3 version.

I highly doubt the Xbox 360 version will be on only one disc, and if that's anything like LA Noire, it's going to get seriously annoying.

This is a nice deal... But I am gonna pass cuz of these two things...
1) I am incredibly impatient and will want the game on release day via Amazon.
2) Rockstar will probably announce a CE soon.

[quote name='DRV']Newegg has great deals but the fact that they don't do release day delivery disappoints me.[/QUOTE]
I've had the majority (8/10) of my NewEgg preorders in my mailbox on release day...with free shipping

Only 1 game came late cause it had a Sunday release date.

All my other preorders arrived on their release date.

3 day shipping option used. (Which is free)

[quote name='nightmare452']I completely agree with you. To each his own. I used to play R* games since GTA1 on the PS1 (probably my most played R* game behind GTA3). Looking back at all their recent games, they are very good, they just never held my interest for more than a day or two. RDR was great, need to get back to it, but most times, these huge sandbox games feel like a waste of time for me. I feel like 50-60% of all my actual game time is travel from point A to B without anything that actually happened.

To each his own I guess, but this is a great deal. Good find OP. Not for me, but a good deal if you are willing to wait a day or two (although for me, i always get newegg new releases on the day of release or day after, so its not to bad).[/QUOTE]

this is literally exactly what I meant:applause: I guess I'm impatient or something, but traveling around these games always took way to long. The only openworld games I've ever really enjoyed have been ones that made movement extremely fast and easy (ie. Sucker Punch games). I understand and agree they are very well made, but personally I just don't find them fun at all:whistle2:(

It might be because Newegg has a warehouse in my state, but I always get my games release day even while picking the free shipping option.

:drool:... i really want to kick your ass right now... how can you say that about red dead and la noire?... maybe you like to play call of pussy black cocks 2? gears of war? or maybe mario games... :boxing:

[quote name='omargm']:drool:... i really want to kick your ass right now... how can you say that about red dead and la noire?... maybe you like to play call of pussy black cocks 2? gears of war? or maybe mario games... :boxing:[/QUOTE]

Opinions, how do they work?

I'm curious. What did you dislike about Red Dead and LA Norie?

[quote name='omargm']:drool:... i really want to kick your ass right now... how can you say that about red dead and la noire?... maybe you like to play call of pussy black cocks 2? gears of war? or maybe mario games... :boxing:[/QUOTE]

I understand they are well made games, and I did enjoy the story of Red Dead, but mostly these games just bore me. I always seem to spend more time driving/riding from point to point, than actually doing anything interesting. This is just my opinion, it's perfectly fine with me if you like them. I really don't care a ton for CoD, and have only played MW2. I do like Gears of War, but it's by no means my favorite game. And come on, everyone likes Mario;)

[quote name='PhilESkyline']I'm curious. What did you dislike about Red Dead and LA Norie?[/QUOTE]

Red Dead, it was mostly just the long long travel times, or the long loading times trying to fast travel. I didn't care for the really small reticle either. I think I might have liked it better on 360, as the PS3 version had a ton of frame rate issues, and ran at a lower resolution.

La Noire, was just boring. Wander around, wait for controller to rumble, ask questions with the replies that were nothing like what I wanted (doubt is just you shouting at them, which didn't feel at all right to me). I really didn't care for Phelps, as he and everyone around him was just sort of a jerk the whole time. And the ending was much to rushed, which was saying a lot considering how long it was. It was a great mission, and then
he just freaking drowns?
. I was just really bored and let down, and I know I'm not the only one. Seems like a game for a very particular set of gamers, and I wasn't it.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Red Dead, it was mostly just the long long travel times, or the long loading times trying to fast travel. I didn't care for the really small reticle either. I think I might have liked it better on 360, as the PS3 version had a ton of frame rate issues, and ran at a lower resolution.

La Noire, was just boring. Wander around, wait for controller to rumble, ask questions with the replies that were nothing like what I wanted (doubt is just you shouting at them, which didn't feel at all right to me). I really didn't care for Phelps, as he and everyone around him was just sort of a jerk the whole time. And the ending was much to rushed, which was saying a lot considering how long it was. It was a great mission, and then
he just freaking drowns?
. I was just really bored and let down, and I know I'm not the only one. Seems like a game for a very particular set of gamers, and I wasn't it.[/QUOTE]

I thought Red Dead was a well thought out game with a great amount of detail compared to other open world titles. The graphics, game play, story and setting were amazing. I played on the 360 and didn't have much trouble with load times at all. I was impressed at how well R* was able to pull it off. The vast amount of land in the game reminded me of GTA San Andreas. The online multi play was solid as well.

As for LA Noire, I agree. The story had some up moments but the ending was puzzling and a let down. I wonder if R* had DLC other than side mission planned to continue the story before being shut down. Personally, I think they spent more time on the graphical realism and voice acting over building a believable and exciting game. I would be interested in a LA Noire 2 since they had good foot hold on the technology. Too bad that will never come to be now.

yeah, now that I think about it I enjoyed Red Dead more than I thought. It was just the traveling that I couldn't get over, which sorta made me burn out on the game. La Noire was much more disspointing, and has just left me with a bit of a bad taste in my mouth for R* in general (though I get it was a different developer mostly):whistle2:#

[quote name='DRV']Newegg has great deals but the fact that they don't do release day delivery disappoints me.[/QUOTE] Ive pre ordered around 7 games in the past 2 years from newegg and ive recieved every game on release day using the free shipping. They always ship early for me anyway and i get it on release. Maybe its diffrent for others

If you were trying to be funny, you failed. If you were trying to be terrible, you succeeded.

Why do you care if somebody likes or dislikes certain games? Is he going to come and take your games away, or vice versa?

[quote name='TealPavelski']You have to be kidding me! GTA's, Red Dead and LA Noire were all incredible![/QUOTE]

To be fair, I found GTA IV to be a bit underwhelming. Don't get me wrong, it was a good game, but I missed the light-hearted fun vibe of past games like flying into an Army base with a jetpack and stealing a helicopter. Most of the missions made me feel like an errand boy. Multiplayer...it was good though not great.

Again, it was still good, just not the 10/10 classic the reviews made it out to be.

[quote name='kube00']Anyone mention this to Amazon?[/QUOTE]

It's worth a shot, they price-matched walmart by offering a $20 credit with Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, SimCity and one other game - first time in ages they offered that much. Guess they realized how lame the instant video credit was.

[quote name='Necrozilla']I have it pre-ordered already at $48. Is the $15 gift card for pre-orders last week or for all existing pre-orders?[/QUOTE]
Same here. I ordered it again just in case, lol. I will cancel one of them. Sucks you can't use shoprunner for 2-day delivery, but 3-day isn't bad.

BTW, I have never received a Newegg preorder on release day. I guess this could be the carriers fault sometimes, but they have mailed my games the day AFTER release before (Paper Mario 3DS, recently, in fact) while everyone I knew that ordered from other places already got their games. I always choose super saver, so I'm not expecting to get it on release day, but I don't want others to think it's normal for everyone to get on release day (unless you live in California).

[quote name='neo_anomaly']How is this the best deal when Best Buy was having a 20$ gift card deal last I checked.[/QUOTE]

No tax for some, I believe.

bread's done
Back