MAG (PS3) Used $0.99 GameStop

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#121 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

Man, you weren't joking. Store I went into today had seven of them in their bin all properly stickered. None of them were in the greatest hits case like the picture on the website.

Anybody know if the greatest hits version included DLC, did it?

I think all the DLC is free now, not sure on that though.

#122 Kirnzee

Kirnzee

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

I think all the DLC is free now, not sure on that though.

One of the DLC is free the other is 4.99

#123 Paleselan

Paleselan

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Servers will probably be turned off soon.

#124 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

One of the DLC is free the other is 4.99

PS+ had that map pack free early on in the service's lifespan. Glad I downloaded that way back then even though I didn't own the game.

By the way, guys, add me if you want to play together. MattYoung730

#125 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

Servers will probably be turned off soon.

Unless its within a day this is still worth it. Less cost than a 1-day Redbox rental.

#126 kingotnw

kingotnw

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

I picked one up. Why would they turn servers off now? This is going to create a pretty large influx of people who will play and probably buy DLC. They don't just turn servers off for no reason.

#127 b1rdman

b1rdman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

My friend and I got our copies yesterday. Played about 8 matches today. Love it so far.

We both picked the Valor team, won 2 of 8 matches. More people should join Valor!! It'll even the balance out.

Add me if you want to play in a group b1rdman973

Tip: Use the Multiqueue to join games easier, plus you get a 40% XP bonus!

#128 kingotnw

kingotnw

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

PS+ had that map pack free early on in the service's lifespan. Glad I downloaded that way back then even though I didn't own the game.

By the way, guys, add me if you want to play together. MattYoung730

I've been a + subscriber since day 1, and I purchase all free DLC and games no matter what, just in case.

#129 MyCatEdwin

MyCatEdwin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

Remember that according to the back of the box, the servers will not be shut down without a 90 day notice.

#130 ohnoitschris

ohnoitschris

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

If any of you guys are curious but don't want to go get it just yet, there's a demo available on PSN. I'll probably go look for it later but it's probably going to cost me more in gas money to drive over to Gamestop and back than to actually buy the game :)

#131 jamesetakacs

jamesetakacs

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

Man, I guess I am fortunate. I have a GameStop in any direction within 10 minutes. I work next door to one as well.

#132 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

Picked up a copy yesterday. It came complete with original case and manual. And there was only one gamestop sticker on the case and it peeled off easily without leaving any residue. \\:D/ I guess it was just one of those days.

#133 mike95

mike95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

Got it.
Posted Image

#134 NismoZ32

NismoZ32

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

Got my copy yesterday in great shape from reserving for pick up online. Didn't even have to waste gas because it was in walking distance from work. It was also nice not to be hounded for stuff, probably because I was in my Best Buy uniform when I walked in so I actually made sure I did the survey for once for the employee. Left a positive review about being knowledgeable about deals/products and very helpful.

#135 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

Just went and bought a copy myself. Decided to trade in a game and my iPad 2 while the 50% trade in was still going and this was my best option (IMO) for the cheap pre-owned purchase I needed to make! Can't beat .89, .95 after tax! Lol
:360: Disney Infinity, Walking Dead Season 2 :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: None :ps4: Destiny, inFAMOUS: Second Light, Last of Us: Remastered, Madden 15, Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life
:psp: Dragons Crown, more Destiny! Lol

#136 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

Eh, after a comically long update process I managed to play through several rounds. In general I find multiplayer on console games too chaotic for my tastes and this was no exception. I think I gave it a fair shot but the game just isn't right for me.

(Just stating a simple opinion here, not trying to start some console vs PC BS, I enjoy both and each have their pros and cons, kthxbye.)

#137 ultramanJ

ultramanJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

Picked up a complete copy today and just played a few games. There's two ways to look at it; it was just $1, and its a great deal. Or in my case why am I wasting my time with this when I have far superior options like Battlefield 3? It was neat to try out, but these games require a lot of time investment to get the good attatchments, perks, and guns. Time I'm not willing to devote to MAG when I've got better options. That's just my view of it. In the words of Shark Tank, "I'm out".

#138 ryanredzie

ryanredzie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

PROTIP: DO NOT PLAY SVER. SVER is for children who want to feel good about themselves with lag advantage and instakill weapons. Everybody calls them "Easy moders", the only people who don't realize this are exclusive SVER players who haven't tried other factions.

source: me, who has over 900+ hours total of MAG play over 3 accounts on the 3 different factions.

#139 MastaNinja

MastaNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:36 AM

Picked up a copy because why not

#140 machindo

machindo

Fa fa fa fa funky!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:36 AM

Probably not worth the gas money/car ride to the store.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#141 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:13 AM

I ended up grabbing one at a Gamestop I drove by. They had TONS of copies but none of them were marked 99 cents -- I had to have an employee scan it.

#142 G3 Steve-O

G3 Steve-O

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:53 AM

Picked one up. Only because my wife, daughter, and I needed to go to Kohls for some new clothes (17 month old is growing way too fast) and GAmestop is right next to it.

I kinda hope the community grows a good amount and they decide to keep the servers up longer.

Any idea when they are being shut down???
"The Blackest Eyes. The Devil's Eyes."
- Dr. Loomis - Halloween

#143 SkywardKing

SkywardKing

El-Skyward Magnifico

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

Just picked this up earlier today for a $1.08 and i am still not sure if it was worth it lol. I'm not sure how much more content i really got than in the free version on PSN lol.

#144 ultramanJ

ultramanJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

PROTIP: DO NOT PLAY SVER. SVER is for children who want to feel good about themselves with lag advantage and instakill weapons. Everybody calls them "Easy moders", the only people who don't realize this are exclusive SVER players who haven't tried other factions.

source: me, who has over 900+ hours total of MAG play over 3 accounts on the 3 different factions.

Could you elaborate on this a little more? How does one faction have a lag advantage in the same game? What makes it an easy mode? Is that the better faction for a beginner and what are the differences between them?

#145 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

Got a copy for myself and two of my friends each got copies. Haven't got to play it yet, but, I like anything that has (good) Sharp Shooter controls.

#146 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

So there's absolutely NO one-player or local way to play this?

#147 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

So there's absolutely NO one-player or local way to play this?

Exactly and thats why its .99 cents.

I had soo much fun with this game when it dropped and for at least a good year. I had a close nit group of friends and we all played together, but above that the game was just good and for a console pushed the limits with size of players on a single field.

All around fun. We did re buy this a few months ago and didnt get back into it as we had before, its aged a bit and while they have made updates, its become somewhat one sided.
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#148 sgand

sgand

Aim for the flat top

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

I went in the store to get one today, and the guy told me they shut the servers off.

#149 ultramanJ

ultramanJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

They were up yesterday so I seriously doubt they would shut them off while they're still active. Even them we have a 7 day return policy so no loss.

#150 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

I went in the store to get one today, and the guy told me they shut the servers off.

He was wrong.