MAG (PS3) Used $0.99 GameStop

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#151 ryanredzie

ryanredzie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

Could you elaborate on this a little more? How does one faction have a lag advantage in the same game? What makes it an easy mode? Is that the better faction for a beginner and what are the differences between them?

From playing all 3 factions, I've always avoided death in SVER from jumping around moreso than the other two factions which I can most likely attribute to lag advantage. Something about shooting people as SVER, the shots would connect most of the time compared to being on Raven or Valor. When MAG first started out, the Devs favored RAVEN who they thought was going to be the goto faction for everyone since they look all high tech and stuff.

But the 12 yearolds and dudebros (not kidding, SVER voice chat is full of them) gravitated towards SVER and a lot of them whined that their duct-taped looking arsenal isn't as good as the other two factions. Didn't help that a majority of Zipper devs played SVER as well (from an actual zipper dev I played with a lot).

SVER weapons are god-tier and I pick them up a lot when we play a against them since they actually work and goes great with the lag advantage if you're on SVER. I've played SVER and found it utterly boring since we steamrolled through everyone with our advantages I mentioned and the bigger numbers we had over the two other factions. So whenever my team won over SVER, it felt like an actual hard-earned victory.

If you want a good starter faction, go Valor. They have decent weapons (unlike Raven), good defendable bases (not that it matters since bases aren't faction specific anymore), you get to play with good Japanese players (surprising, right? they play FPSes?), and its an actual challenge.

Zipper's main fault in this game is making all three factions imbalanced and they should have made the only difference cosmetic. Yes, I sound very bitter only because I loved the great potential that MAG had only to be ruined by incompetence. I stuck with it because I had great online friends to play with on a nightly basis.

Edited by ryanredzie, 09 April 2013 - 05:36 AM.
grammar and elaborated more on one point. Oh and spelling.

#152 xlost4

xlost4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

I finally picked up another copy. This time with an instruction manual. I'm going to give the other to my cousin. I'll try it out tonight.
Posted Image

#153 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

Picked up MAG for 0.99 and Lair for $1.99.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check out my Gaming Stream.

#154 sgand

sgand

CML for Steelbooks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

He was wrong.

Just another reason why I don't shop there. He even went on a 2 min explanation that they shut them off for Defiance.

#155 danishmaggot

danishmaggot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

Picked up a copy today too. Maybe I will join some CAG'ers. Time to dust of that PS3!

#156 TheJayxor392

TheJayxor392

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:56 AM

Just another reason why I don't shop there. He even went on a 2 min explanation that they shut them off for Defiance.

Please don't let that idiot sour your opinion of GameStop as a whole. There are hardworking and honest people who work for the company, not just the liars and cheats like this guy.

#157 Olengie

Olengie

Minato Arisato is the Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:59 AM

I like the people who work at the Gamestops in my area. The ones I consistently see, and interact with, are generally nice and are good conversationalists.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#158 SandOfThym

SandOfThym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

Picked up the last copy at my local GS in perfect condition, great deal.

#159 Chuck Stank

Chuck Stank

Colts/Hawkeyes Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:32 AM

Only played a couple of matches so far but it's pretty fun. Got kicked off in the first match as some guy told me to shut the Fuck up as soon as I started talking.
Posted Image

#160 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:45 AM

Bought the game a couple years ago, but I picked up a second copy here for my brother.

Check out my Indie gaming site for news, previews, reviews, and giveaways!

#161 Coper3000

Coper3000

Gettin' Old.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:10 AM

Only played a couple of matches so far but it's pretty fun. Got kicked off in the first match as some guy told me to shut the Fuck up as soon as I started talking.

Haha, geez.

#162 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:22 AM

Bought the game a couple years ago, but I picked up a second copy here for my brother.

jaydepps, I think this is the first time I've seen you on here, but I LOVE your forum icon. Even though I've almost written this year off, GO FLYERS!

#163 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Don't Wear Regular Shoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

now thats some team work!:applause::beer:

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

If you have Growl for Genesis CIB Please PM me battousai11 is a superhero! Thanks!

My Tradelist- Want Dragons Crown and Stuff!

#164 danishmaggot

danishmaggot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

Hahaha, I do not have a headset for the PS3 but in the couple of games I played I heard a lot of angry people!

#165 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:03 AM

So this is how AWESOME my Gamestop is. I recently traded with someone and got a heavily cracked red case of Mortal Kombatv DC Universe. I asked him if he any copies of MAG with the red case, and he looked, but they had none. He then asked if I just wanted the case and of course I replied yes. He went into the back, and got me a perfect condition red case for FREE! Now I know its not that big of a deal, I mean it is just a case, but thats one of the many reasons why I continue to do my business with Gamestop and ignore all the GS haters out there.

#166 IronChariot

IronChariot

CAG Deity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:13 AM

I hate it when they can just randomly kick you. Not sure if I want to buy now.

#167 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:16 AM

picked it up on Friday unfortunately generic case and no artwork, passed by the other gamestop down the street and same thing only generic. Oh well for $1 can't complain about having to print out artwork

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#168 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:27 AM

I picked mine up and my copy actually has the European artwork! It says "16" instead of "T", or "M", or whatever it is. :)

593839.png

#169 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:28 AM

Having a weird issue where my ps3 isn't recognizing my mag disc. This happen to anyone?

#170 xlost4

xlost4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:00 AM

I played a game yesterday in the evening and I didn't get kicked out once. I died a few times however but other than that the team I was on was very cool with me. I didn't play with my Bluetooth headset though. I will do that sometime this weekend when I get the chance. But nonetheless, I like this game. The best 99 cent I spent so far, lol.
Posted Image

#171 kit352

kit352

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

Ive played it a few times but stopped because people on my team were just bitching about everything. Its was older guys too. They just couldnt take all the new people who picked up this game and their inability to play well yet. At more than a few points people were actually screaming orders into the mic. Way to over the top for me.
Snipers kill this game as well. Ive never seen a game with more snipers. One entire team i was playing against were all in sniper positions. They never came out. Its very hard to track a sniper without being a sniper yourself so its a cycle.

#172 ultramanJ

ultramanJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

Were you trying to play it lone wolf style like CoD? If so that's probably why you were getting bitched at. You're supposed to follow orders and work as a team.

#173 kit352

kit352

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

Were you trying to play it lone wolf style like CoD? If so that's probably why you were getting bitched at. You're supposed to follow orders and work as a team.

Ive played it a few times now and the voice volume is just to low. Its very hard to hear anyone thats talking.

#174 CD6405

CD6405

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

Mannn, all this talk of people buying this game now makes me want to go put my copy back in. I put in over 400 hours during this game's prime, and I loved every minute. It was my favorite FPS or MP game this gen.
Posted Image

#175 adamgould

adamgould

Nothing Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:59 AM

Mannn, all this talk of people buying this game now makes me want to go put my copy back in. I put in over 400 hours during this game's prime, and I loved every minute. It was my favorite FPS or MP game this gen.

I second this. When it comes to gameplay, if you get into full squad games, I think it is one of the best multiplayer experiences out there. You really need to play as a team to be successful.

#176 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:15 AM

Ive played it a few times but stopped because people on my team were just bitching about everything. Its was older guys too. They just couldnt take all the new people who picked up this game and their inability to play well yet. At more than a few points people were actually screaming orders into the mic. Way to over the top for me.
Snipers kill this game as well. Ive never seen a game with more snipers. One entire team i was playing against were all in sniper positions. They never came out. Its very hard to track a sniper without being a sniper yourself so its a cycle.

It's pretty hard to be a successful sniper in this game, especially since every mode except for one is objective based. With the one that's TDM, you can easily make your way behind the snipers and destroy them. Going against a full team of snipers should have been an easy win.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#177 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:19 AM

I too decided to jump on this wagon and picked up a copy this afternoon.

#178 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:21 AM

Hahaha, I do not have a headset for the PS3 but in the couple of games I played I heard a lot of angry people!

Spoiler

#179 SilentBob50023

SilentBob50023

Kneel Before Zod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:00 AM

Glad to see servers are still up on this. When I picked up my copy, the GS manager said, "I'm pretty sure the servers have been taken offline." I just shrugged it off and said, "For 89 cents, I'll take my chances."

#180 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:08 AM

Just cleaned out my gamestop for this game! These will make great gifts!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)