MAG (PS3) Used $0.99 GameStop

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#181 Olengie

Olengie

Minato Arisato is the Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:07 AM

Glad to see servers are still up on this. When I picked up my copy, the GS manager said, "I'm pretty sure the servers have been taken offline." I just shrugged it off and said, "For 89 cents, I'll take my chances."

On the plus side, you get a case. :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#182 Prisoner4664

Prisoner4664

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:09 AM

I feel bad my store had 16 copies and I bought them all its a small town and the Gs employee said they hadn't sold a copy in months he said if I wanted them I could have them them so I took them.... I took them all

#183 MyCatEdwin

MyCatEdwin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

I feel bad my store had 16 copies and I bought them all its a small town and the Gs employee said they hadn't sold a copy in months he said if I wanted them I could have them them so I took them.... I took them all

Just give them out to PS3 friends and you're good!

#184 sgand

sgand

CML for Steelbooks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

I went in the store to get one today, and the guy told me they shut the servers off.

I went in again today, and a different employee also told me the servers were shut down. I told him I have many people telling me otherwise and I will take my chances. I went home and played a match. I don't know how they are misinformed.

#185 IceTeaCrisis

IceTeaCrisis

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

I read through a few post may have missed a definite answer.

I couldn't find if the GH version had Disc DLC. I went to one GameStop all they had was non GH, so i bought one. I went to a second figured what's another dollar and they did not have any copies GH or Regular.

#186 ryne candy

ryne candy

Duck Duck Duck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:15 AM

I picked one up (non GH) today and told them if the servers went down Monday...it would still be worth the $1.

#187 Prisoner4664

Prisoner4664

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

There's actually a pretty big community as far as Mag goes actually pretty fun and 3 golds if you veteran 3 times not to hard just takes awhile but not a grind at all

#188 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

Picked one up today. I had points expiring and the email said I had to buy something by the 16th.
If its free, its for me!!

#189 cbulas1

cbulas1

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

I couldn't pass up checking my local Gamestop for a $.89 PS3 game- sure enough they had one in stock!

#190 bravesfan25

bravesfan25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Picked one up today.

#191 pigeon12

pigeon12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

Been having fun playing this for about a week now. This is the first FPS online game that I have played for more than a few minutes. Then again, I haven't really tried too many of them, lol.

#192 SolidSnake86

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:22 AM

Got a copy, but have yet to play. Can you create clans in MAG? If so, should start a CAG clan.

#193 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:23 AM

Got a copy, but have yet to play. Can you create clans in MAG? If so, should start a CAG clan.

Was thinking of doing this. This game is brutal without a good squad, someone get this started;)

#194 CD6405

CD6405

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:33 AM

I might jump back on and play with you guys if you want some help in your clan (if you make one). I played this over 400 hours back in it's hayday and learned all the little tricks and best paths on the maps.
Posted Image

#195 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:42 AM

Wish I knew it was on sale, would have grabbed a copy today. Guess I'll go back out tomorrow, I remember the game was fun at launch. (Just unbalanced, since everyone jumped to SVER)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#196 SolidSnake86

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:42 AM

Was thinking of doing this. This game is brutal without a good squad, someone get this started;)

I might jump back on and play with you guys if you want some help in your clan (if you make one). I played this over 400 hours back in it's hayday and learned all the little tricks and best paths on the maps.

I'm planning on giving it a whirl this weekend, or next at the very latest. Once I get things figured out I'll definitely start up a clan. I'm not the best at first-person shooters, but I like the idea of teamwork over solo run-and-gun tactics, and from what I hear, his game seems to favor team-based cooperation.

#197 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:49 AM

I'm planning on giving it a whirl this weekend, or next at the very latest. Once I get things figured out I'll definitely start up a clan. I'm not the best at first-person shooters, but I like the idea of teamwork over solo run-and-gun tactics, and from what I hear, his game seems to favor team-based cooperation.

From the hour or so I played, going lobe wolf is virtually impossible, and randoms never want to work together. Let me know when you get it worked out:)

#198 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:56 AM

Is it worse than Battlefield 3? Because I just got that, and watching some of these teams lose horribly is just sad.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#199 CD6405

CD6405

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

From the hour or so I played, going lobe wolf is virtually impossible, and randoms never want to work together. Let me know when you get it worked out:)

There's only one way to go lone wolf, and you still have to use your team. If you use your teammates as a distraction and kind of sidestep the front lines, you can sneak to the back and ruin a team.

Sometimes I would let my team know I was doing that and they would attack from the opposite flank, I'd lob some smoke and run through. Then just blow up AA, gates, scanners, etc in their base. They will start looking for you as their defenses go down and will weaken their front lines.

That's still working in a team framework, but the closest to lone wolf...with basically no combat.
Posted Image

#200 AukeySeven

AukeySeven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:55 AM

If someone sets up a Mag night I'll play.

#201 alphax1987

alphax1987

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

Some kid bought this from me on Sunday night, had no idea it was .99
Took me awhile to even find them because its been so unlikely to sell that we put them in the back room.
Have 3 left at my store.... in socal by the way.

#202 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:16 AM

I wonder why gamestop isnt changing their price tags/making note that these are $1

#203 alphax1987

alphax1987

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:05 AM

I wonder why gamestop isnt changing their price tags/making note that these are $1

Its not that our prices arent updated, its more that We dont even have these on display anymore... at my store at least

#204 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

Just got 12 M.A.G.'s today. 10 of them came in the original case with the manual and black labeled. Great, great deal! Thanks so much for this deal!

#205 zerostigmavirus

zerostigmavirus

Chick With Glasses

• Trading Ban

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

Just got 12 M.A.G.'s today. 10 of them came in the original case with the manual and black labeled. Great, great deal! Thanks so much for this deal!

really?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#206 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

The MAG (black label) I picked up a couple weeks ago was tagged .99 regular, .89 Pro Member. Looks like it has about 6-7 different price stickers on it.
If its free, its for me!!

#207 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:25 PM

really?

Yeah. One store just got a few shipments of the cases. Another just had 2. The other had 5 new cases that just came in. Very lucky day to go CAG hunting.

#208 zerostigmavirus

zerostigmavirus

Chick With Glasses

• Trading Ban

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

Yeah. One store just got a few shipments of the cases. Another just had 2. The other had 5 new cases that just came in. Very lucky day to go CAG hunting.

Lol ok I just figured you love MAG
Posted ImagePosted Image

#209 igotnodough

igotnodough

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

where can i find a cover art to download?

#210 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:21 AM

where can i find a cover art to download?

This image looks hi rez enough, you probably need to do some tweaking make sure it's the right size though.

http://www.covergala...-cover-ntsc.jpg