Halo 4 LE XB360 Wireless Controller $29.99 Clearance @ BestBuy B&M

FatBoyInside

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
[IMG-L=8251]29913[/IMG-L]

On clearance now at BestBuy stores for half off the msrp. Happy hunting. Here are the specs:

-- Custom Halo 4 artwork designed in collaboration with 343 Industries
-- Transforming D-pad that switches from plus to disc
-- Xbox LIVE download code for exclusive Halo T-shirt for your avatar (male & female)
-- Limited edition wireless controller with 30-foot range

A review: http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/623...ss-controller-reviews/reviews.htm?sort=rating

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I can never fucking get the sku swap trick to work anymore. Anyone able to make a link?[/QUOTE]I don't think the SKU-swap trick works anymore, period; I can't get it to work the standard way, anyway. :whistle2:|

[quote name='Vigilante']I don't think the SKU-swap trick works anymore, period; I can't get it to work the standard way, anyway. :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

I've been wondering about that. Thanks to the person who posted the sku though. I'll head over to BB tomorrow and find an employee to check the stock in my area.

There is just too much on this controller for me to like it. Prefer simple designs like that on the Halo Reach controller. Still a great deal considering its half off.

My local Bolingbrook IL store said they had one, but when I went and looked it wasn't there. They said they've been gone for 3+ months. Good luck to all CAGs hunting for them!

I think most BBYs do not have this in stock.
Time to do a gas price calculation to determine if I want to go tomorrow.

[quote name='TooPoor']I think most BBYs do not have this in stock.
Time to do a gas price calculation to determine if I want to go tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

lol, nice signature. :applause:

Best Buy clearance items was such a PITA today.

I was searching online for a laptop the past 2 days and the in-store clearance section was showing me a limited quantity and it wasn't allowing me to CHECKOUT. I could easily ADD TO CART only.

Anyways, a call to 2 different Best Buy stores and they both initially told me over the phone that their systems showed they definitely had 1 more in stock.

Each time they went to search on the store floor (while I was on hold) and both times they came back saying ---
"We can't find it."

I was doing searches by specific store location.

Damn if I would have known about this I would have picked one up last night... Was trading in some games for Amazon credit to use on photography equipment but I had some extra (which is now gone splurged on more photography stuff).

No dice in H-town. Just called two stores to search RSS across all districts and turned up all zeroes. Stopped in one store just to make sure and nada..good luck! Wish I had one.

This was one of the few halo controllers I actually thought was ugly and I even have the green odst. one maybe its cause I hate clear cases.

The right joysitck on mine is already going out. I feel like this happens way too much with these 360 controllers. The on screen reticle will randomly stray to one side even if I'm not touching the controller. That seemed to happen really fast on this controller compared to some other ones that I've had. And it's basically the only issue I've had with these controllers

[quote name='slickkill77']The right joysitck on mine is already going out. I feel like this happens way too much with these 360 controllers. The on screen reticle will randomly stray to one side even if I'm not touching the controller. That seemed to happen really fast on this controller compared to some other ones that I've had. And it's basically the only issue I've had with these controllers[/QUOTE]

They come with 1 or 2 year warranty. I had an issue with a MW3 controller, called MS did RMA recieved new controller in few weeks.

[quote name='OregonDealz']They come with 1 or 2 year warranty. I had an issue with a MW3 controller, called MS did RMA recieved new controller in few weeks.[/QUOTE]

I may have to explore that option. I have two controllers that drift when not touching the sticks and both of them are less than a year old (purchased at BBY). What's the process for doing something like that?

[quote name='Dund3r']I may have to explore that option. I have two controllers that drift when not touching the sticks and both of them are less than a year old (purchased at BBY). What's the process for doing something like that?[/QUOTE]

Call their hardware support phone number, only problem i had was my package sat at their receiving house for 2 weeks before they processed replacement.

And i had the same drifting problem with left stick.

The warranty period for all licensed Xbox 360 accessories is 90 days from the date of original purchase.

According to their website its only 3 months

I might be lucky, still using my launch controller. Sure, the thumbsticks don't have those bumps anymore, and it may be a little dirty, but I've had no problems with the straying...

[quote name='slickkill77']The right joysitck on mine is already going out. I feel like this happens way too much with these 360 controllers. The on screen reticle will randomly stray to one side even if I'm not touching the controller. That seemed to happen really fast on this controller compared to some other ones that I've had. And it's basically the only issue I've had with these controllers[/QUOTE]

This happened with my original 360 controller gradually. Once I hit the 6 year mark, the thing was toast. I was trying to play The Witcher 2 and I couldn't navigate the menus because the damn thing would go on its own. I switched to a new controller and a year in it has already started, but not nearly as bad. For some reason it drifted way more in Borderlands 2 than anything else.

Just dropped my controller on the RB button...and of course its too loose now. Perfect timing to look for this controller at my BB. I doubt they have any left, but we shall see.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Call their hardware support phone number, only problem i had was my package sat at their receiving house for 2 weeks before they processed replacement.

And i had the same drifting problem with left stick.[/QUOTE]

The one controller I started playing 360 with, from an Elite bundle, was the left thumbstick that was slightly off, too. My characters would move up if I didn't touch it. Now my 2nd 360 controller I can see hints that it might start this. It's a Halo Reach LE controller. I thought I was alone, as no one I mentioned this to had it happen. Good to know it's not me just pressing "up" so much that I warped controllers, lol.

Hmm...this controller going on sale reminds me of the Mountain Dew Double XP codes that gave entries into drawings. This was one of those prizes. Were those winners ever announced? I don't recall seeing anything on it.

[quote name='kdiddy1989']Hmm...this controller going on sale reminds me of the Mountain Dew Double XP codes that gave entries into drawings. This was one of those prizes. Were those winners ever announced? I don't recall seeing anything on it.[/QUOTE]

Ehh I put it like 100 entries for the controller and never got an email back :(

bread's done
Back