50% off Select Pre-Owned Games at GameStop, 4/8 to 4/28

• Please log in to reply
511 replies to this topic

#301 Francision

Francision

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:07 AM

Bought so many games from this sale! Gonna go back tomorrow and pick up even more. 10 games for just $10. This is awesome.
Posted Image

#302 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

A lot of you guys, im not picking on you cancer man you just had a few games that im talking about, are getting horrible games that are literally only good for achievements/trophies, if that. Rogue warrior is HORRIBLE and so are Raven Squad and a few others. Section 8 had its servers shut like 2 years ago. I will admit the only thing I wanted to grab was Infernal and that was just for achievements as that looks very bad as well, but easy. You guys always complain about Brink, Duke Nukem, and Resident Evil ORC. Just wait what your in for with a few of those games. :hot:

Admittedly there are a few gems in the sale. But it is mostly stuff that was already dirt cheap for a reason.

thanks for the slap in the face I needed:drool: I was considering Lair, Dark Void, and even Haze at a point, but I think I'll play it safe and get Resistance 2, de Blob (already have 2, but would like to play the first), Rockband:360:, and maybe The Show 10. I don't know why, but when I see a game sub $2, even if it's a flaming turd I still want to get it:cold:
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#303 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:12 AM

Went and also snagged :360: EDF 2017 (case no manual) and :360: Blazblue: Continuum Shift (complete). Both discs were in pretty good condition so I'm pretty satisfied with my haul.

Thanks to those who recommended EDF earlier I think it will be a lot of fun to play split-screen. The Blazblue games were sort of just impulse buys but I love fighters.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#304 maxpower0965

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:24 AM

I bought Cursed Mountain for the Wii and its pretty scratched and the GameStop I got it at has no more to exchange it. There is another game stop that has the game but can I take it there and exchange it for another copy, maybe less scratched?

#305 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:33 AM

I bought Cursed Mountain for the Wii and its pretty scratched and the GameStop I got it at has no more to exchange it. There is another game stop that has the game but can I take it there and exchange it for another copy, maybe less scratched?

Yep.

#306 MagicMurderBag7

MagicMurderBag7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:35 AM

Picked up Power Gig, Guitar Hero World Tour, Brutal Legend, and America's Test Kitchen all for under $8. All had perfect boxes with manuals and ATK was brand new still sealed. All in all it was a nice trip to GameStop.

#307 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:37 AM

Yeah I am going into a few of these knowing they are bad. I want to experience Rogue Warrior just for the dialogue. :D

Enjoy them as much as you can! (that is not sarcasm btw, just hoping you get your few bucks worth!) :booty:

thanks for the slap in the face I needed:drool: I was considering Lair, Dark Void, and even Haze at a point, but I think I'll play it safe and get Resistance 2, de Blob (already have 2, but would like to play the first), Rockband:360:, and maybe The Show 10. I don't know why, but when I see a game sub $2, even if it's a flaming turd I still want to get it:cold:

Sorry about that lol. Just seems like some of you guys will regret even paying $2-$5 for some of those. Not all. I personally have no opinion on Lair or Haze but I have no interest in playing those anyways as im primarily a 360 gamer. Dark Void on the other hand, hated it. But it might be worth the buck or two for you, I generally do not enjoy any Capcom games.

512847.png

#308 KageAlchemist

KageAlchemist

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:37 AM

I went a bit overboard with this sale and spent $70.34. I ended up getting all of these in complete condition. (I refuse to buy their used games in generic cases.)

PS3:
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Call of Juarez Bound in Blood
SOCOM Confrontation
The Shoot
Tom Clancy's HAWX

Wii:
Alien Syndrome
Elebits
Bust-a-Move Bash
Boom Blox Bash Party
The Conduit (special edition)
Geometry Wars Galaxies
Blastworks
Battalion Wars 2
Harvey Birdman
Blazing Angels
Prince of Persia Rival Swords
Broken Sword
Zack & Wiki

#309 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:40 AM

Sorry about that lol. Just seems like some of you guys will regret even paying $2-$5 for some of those. Not all. I personally have no opinion on Lair or Haze but I have no interest in playing those anyways as im primarily a 360 gamer. Dark Void on the other hand, hated it. But it might be worth the buck or two for you, I generally do not enjoy any Capcom games.

no, I needed to be talked out of it. They look really bad, and I have enough of a backlog as is. Even at $2, it's not worth my time8-)

#310 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:42 AM

Hit one location before closing tonight, snagged pristine complete copies of Red Steel 2, Wii Music, No More Heroes 2, Obscure Aftermath and Stoked all for about 16 bucks. Very pleased. Gonna hit the rest of my regular spots tomorrow.

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#311 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:53 AM

I can never have to much backlog! :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#312 maxpower0965

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:00 AM

Yep.

Alright thanks

#313 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:02 AM

Picked up Zack and Wiki and Boom Box. $6.something.

#314 ctclements

ctclements

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:05 AM

I picked up MAG, Haze and Lair for a little under $5. The cashier asked me if I knew what I was doing when he rung up Haze haha.

#315 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:29 AM

Started eat lead tonight. The gameplay is... Less than desirable but the dialogue since its wil arnet is Great. As long as the gunplay doesn't become unplayable ill finish this just to hear the one liners.

#316 Emoney244

Emoney244

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:41 AM

Any online codes? Free shipping?

Emoney244.png

FACSHtO.png

RIP Video games 

#317 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:54 AM

Any online codes? Free shipping?

saver for over $25, and 15free for 15% off and free over $30. That's all I know, besides the usual CAG16

#318 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:57 AM

I believe the B2G1 on Wii/DS ended yesterday. But for future references, yes you can, just make sure not all 3 games are hte same price, otherwise it makes one cheaper, and that one becomes free.

Thanks. That's why the other two games are $4.99 each. I think it goes like
this:

1. $6.99 (apply 20%)= $5.60
2. $5.99
3. $4.99 ( this becomes free)

That's sounds right correct?

#319 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:58 AM

I thought 15FREE didn't work anymore.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#320 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:06 AM

I couldn't get into IA. You can tell the new developer was trying to capture that 2017 magic, but it had no heart at all. 2017 is far more satisfying.

I found them both extremely one note and quite boring after about 20 minutes.

#321 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:16 AM

while not apart of this sale i highly recommend you guys getting motorstorm and genji days of the blade for 1.99$ a piece if you are a ps3 owner. particularly genji as you can experience the legendary and historically accurate ”giant enemy crab” battle yourself :D
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#322 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:18 AM

while not apart of this sale i highly recommend you guys getting motorstorm and genji days of the blade for 1.99$ a piece if you are a ps3 owner. particularly genji as you can experience the legendary and historically accurate ”giant enemy crab” battle yourself :D

how about for the xbox 360/ wii owners?

Do uyou know when they going to have another sale for ds games? Like 50/75% off or b1g1 or b2g2, etc.

#323 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:23 AM

I think the original motorstorm is better than apocalypse. Pacific Rift is the best...i regret trading that in.

#324 Emoney244

Emoney244

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:24 AM

saver for over $25, and 15free for 15% off and free over $30. That's all I know, besides the usual CAG16

Thanks.

Emoney244.png

FACSHtO.png

RIP Video games 

#325 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:26 AM

how about for the xbox 360/ wii owners?

Do uyou know when they going to have another sale for ds games? Like 50/75% off or b1g1 or b2g2, etc.

i dont have my 360 anymore but crackdown is 2.99 (skip part 2) and the beautifully crafted rpg lost odyssey is 9.99. with the discounts you will get great deals out of these for these great games, cant speak on the wii's behalf

has anyone here played and finished neverdead by any chance ?
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#326 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:32 AM

i dont have my 360 anymore but crackdown is 2.99 (skip part 2) and the beautifully crafted rpg lost odyssey is 9.99. with the discounts you will get great deals out of these for these great games, cant speak on the wii's behalf

has anyone here played and finished neverdead by any chance ?

played sure, finished hah...

#327 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:34 AM

I thought 15FREE didn't work anymore.

it just doesn't play nice with other discounts, so you have to pick and choose. Works alright for me:)

#328 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:39 AM

played sure, finished hah...

is it that bad ? it seems like it has some cool ideas gameplay wise.

well im off to play lair and haze tonight. see you guys tommorow :)
Currently playing

#329 Ceol_CAG

Ceol_CAG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:43 AM

My store had fliers. I took one and scanned it.
Sorry about the creases.

http://oi45.tinypic.com/6jk1nn.jpg

Back says the offer is valid through 4/28/13 and it stacks with your PowerUp Rewards for an additional 10% after the 50% is taken off.

Thank you! I'm going to put this link in the OP (if I can figure out how). Apparently the list I had was for "small stores," but there's a complete list of games that actually ring up 50% off regardless of store size. Currently updating with those. Thanks again for the scan/pic!

Thanks OP, but I have one quick question for anyone that shops often at GS, if I receive any "disc only" games can I go to a local Gamestop to return & get a refund or rather an exchange?

I rarely buy used since I'm always afraid of gutted games, and not sure if Gamestop rebuffs games or not. But what the hell, I'll take my chances at this low of a price. In for Gingerbread Man.

I WARNED YOU (and yes, you can exchange the cases if you like. My GS has never had a problem with that, anyhow.)

This is utterly crappy. Free shipping is only for orders on $25 and not enough stuff is in stock for me to hit $25.

Worse yet, the current prices were never put in the OP so I've had to slog 1 by 1 through each title to check prices. As I add the few left in stock in my cart and continue on to try to hit $25, every few minutes 1 of the titles I want goes OOS (Shellshock 2 just disappeared) and I get knocked back further. So I'm about ready to give up on the whole thing.

So thumbs up for posting the deal and double thumbs down for not putting in prices to save me from wasting all this time and having stuff go OOS in my cart due to that. Apparently the bonus 50% off is online only so all prices in store will be what's listed online.

EDIT: The posts above are right. The 50% off on each of my titles in the cart disappeared, so I'm aborting this total waste of 30 minutes. Sorry I saw this thread.

Sorry, dude. My first thread, and I'm tryin'. I certainly don't have a list of the prices, I don't have anything I can copy/paste, so I typed all the titles one by one. Doing all the prices would have taken more time than I have, and I figured people'd be happy to look for what they wanted, which I certainly hope is not all of these games. I think I've figured out how to wikify this, though, so I'll try that, and if anyone wants to add prices, they are more than welcome! In any case, I'm sorry you saw this thread, too. *shrugs*

Edited by Ceol_CAG, 09 April 2013 - 05:30 AM.

#330 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:49 AM

is it that bad ? it seems like it has some cool ideas gameplay wise.

well im off to play lair and haze tonight. see you guys tommorow :)

ideas yes, novelty wears off due to poor execution and repetition. there's a reason it hit < $10 in less than 2 months :lol: