50% off Select Pre-Owned Games at GameStop, 4/8 to 4/28

• Please log in to reply
511 replies to this topic

#421 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:41 AM

Got a complete copy of Marble Saga Korinpa today for Wii. Pretty hapy about that. Out the door at $3.59!

Very nice! Excellent overlooked game. I recommend you track down copy of Marble Mania Kororinpa as well. I own both and they both have merit.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#422 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:35 AM

what discounts should I try to stack that I can use in store? I am just gonna goto 1 or 2 gamestops and see what they have and I already have a PUR membership. I did use the birthday coupon already. can it be used again? and if so.. anyone have a link to that PDF for it?

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing

:xb1: Dead Rising 3

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe

#423 Drizzt57

Drizzt57

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

Picked up Zak & Wiki, Geometry Wars Galaxies, Lair, Haze, Cursed Mountain, Batallion Wars 2, Blast Works, Dark Void, Elebits, and Marble Saga Kororinpa all for $28.79 after tax! Everyone but Haze had the original case.

#424 mewman13

mewman13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

what discounts should I try to stack that I can use in store? I am just gonna goto 1 or 2 gamestops and see what they have and I already have a PUR membership. I did use the birthday coupon already. can it be used again? and if so.. anyone have a link to that PDF for it?

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=340948
Here is the link to the thread

#425 labrat34

labrat34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

i brought a PUR $5 off coupon, and expected to get de blob 2 for $1.49 (after $5 off the 50% price of $6.49). However, the $5 was applied first, then the 50%, so i ended up paying $4.

#426 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

What a good day. $74 and 2 gamestops later, i now have 22 new games added to my immense collection and backlog. Great damn sale. Got pretty much everything i went looking for.

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing

:xb1: Dead Rising 3

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe

#427 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

i brought a PUR $5 off coupon, and expected to get de blob 2 for $1.49 (after $5 off the 50% price of $6.49). However, the $5 was applied first, then the 50%, so i ended up paying $4.

De Blob 2 is not part of the 50% off sale, all you did was use a $5 discount off its normal price.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#428 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

What a good day. $74 and 2 gamestops later, i now have 22 new games added to my immense collection and backlog. Great damn sale. Got pretty much everything i went looking for.

whoa...74 bucks? haha I dont mean to judge because I have a massive backlog/ buy bad games all the time...but Im quite impressed that you managed to find $74 worth of stuff in this sale.
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#429 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

De Blob 2 is not part of the 50% off sale, all you did was use a $5 discount off its normal price.

The PS3 Version is.

whoa...74 bucks? haha I dont mean to judge because I have a massive backlog/ buy bad games all the time...but Im quite impressed that you managed to find $74 worth of stuff in this sale.

I agree with this as well. Although I've picked up a few more games from this sale but I'm sitting at around $30 spent and I'm having trouble finding anything else worth it.

Finding $74 worth of stuff out of here is quite a feat though well done Grimm haha!

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#430 wheels

wheels

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

I came away with these today:

Rockband Xbox
Rockband 2 Xbox
Tony Hawk Ride Wii
2 copies of Link's Crossbow (super cheap gift)
Wii Fit
Kinect Adventures

Grand Total: $5.44

#431 Kidorangepanda

Kidorangepanda

Arcade PCB Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

Scooped a wii fit, no more heroes 2, and child of eden. All mint copies even. Word.

#432 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

What did you pick up? :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#433 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

EDIT: for some reason my phone double posted the same message.

#434 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

Well I just got my order from monday and they stuffed all the games into this small bubble mailer and it looked like they played soccer with the package at the post office. All the cases are destroyed were just the slightest touch to the case would make a piece fall off. Im gonna return them all and exchange them for in store copies.

#435 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

Well I just got my order from monday and they stuffed all the games into this small bubble mailer and it looked like they played soccer with the package at the post office. All the cases are destroyed were just the slightest touch to the case would make a piece fall off. Im gonna return them all and exchange them for in store copies.

In store copies = unicorn
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#436 domon

domon

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

Got Continuum Shift complete and Zack & Wiki (no manual) for $8.30 yesterday. Not bad.

#437 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

Bringing back Eat Lead and Damnation tomorrow. Just can't bring myself to finish them. I might grab rogue agent since I've heard the dialogue is hilarious, like 50 cent. Otherwise just hoping they have a copy of geometry wars, which I doubt very much.

#438 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:05 PM

In store copies = unicorn

At My gamestop I have never gotten a destroyed game case compared to the warehouse cases they ship.

Edited by MetalMegaGio, 12 April 2013 - 12:20 AM.

#439 zyxomma100

zyxomma100

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:13 AM

Thanks for the initial warning, OP.

I picked up a few games from a couple of Gamestops the other day:

Geo Wars: Galaxies
Onechanbara
Lair
Boom Blox 2

Plus some others not in the sale but cheap. I needed to expand my Wii collection, so thanks!

I'm tempted to go back to see if I can find a few others, like EDF.

#440 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:11 AM

Unicorns don't exist.

hey, don't ruin our fantasies:cold:

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#441 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:30 AM

hey, don't ruin our fantasies:cold:

Put a Fake Horn on a Horse, and bam. We got a Unicorn in our midst. :lol:

*sigh* I mean in the context of his post. In store copies are as likely to be found as a unicorn. That's what I got from his post.

Not so sure about that. I found instore copies on a lot of items on the list. In fact, I saw a few rows of those that I thought were OOS. Of course, it's YMMV. But it never hurts to check, especially if you have a couple of them a 10 or so minute radius, or when you're out doing errands.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#442 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:31 AM

Unicorns don't exist.

Don't tell Charlie that.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#443 ChunkyLeftovers

ChunkyLeftovers

"Fancy that."

• CAG Veteran

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:40 AM

The closest Gamestop to me had EDF 2017 Pre-owned for $14.99:cry: no unicorns for me...just a horses head a la The Godfather.

#444 The Prize Fighter Inferno

The Prize Fighter Inferno

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:45 AM

The closest Gamestop to me had EDF 2017 Pre-owned for $14.99:cry: no unicorns for me...just a horses head a la The Godfather.

Did you try to buy it or just see the price and run away?

#445 domon

domon

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:46 AM

Did you ask them to check the price? None of the games I got were marked.

#446 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:55 AM

Picked up
Rock Band 2
Call of Juarez Bound in Blood
DJ Hero
Rise of the Sixstring

Also got Too Human that wasn't on sale for

Cost me 11.50 but sure i'll play each of those games for a few hours to get my moneys worth. All had case and books.

#447 ChunkyLeftovers

ChunkyLeftovers

"Fancy that."

• CAG Veteran

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:01 AM

Did you ask them to check the price? None of the games I got were marked.

My wife was the who went to the store while she had me on the phone...she asked the employee if they had EDF 2017 Pre-owned and how much it was and they told her $14.99 which she then told them about the website price and they told her "online price is always cheaper." That's Gamestop for me in a nutshell...

#448 The Prize Fighter Inferno

The Prize Fighter Inferno

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:01 AM

Rise of the Sixstring

I read this as "Rise of the Sexting" for some reason. I need to sleep.

#449 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:41 AM

While testing the games I recieved today I noticed they sent me the first Call of Juarez instead of Bound by Blood and Enemy Territory:Quake Wars doesnt even work =(. Now I have another reason to go to the store tommorow besides the broken game cases.

#450 247

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:43 AM

Are ps2 games also on sale?