50% off Select Pre-Owned Games at GameStop, 4/8 to 4/28

• Please log in to reply
511 replies to this topic

#451 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:55 AM

I got Bulletstorm for the PS3. Is that cool?

#452 Solh0und

Solh0und

King of the backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:03 AM

Deus ex for 7.50 is a must! Is Homefront worth paying $5 for? I'm also aware that homefront has a online pass.

#453 Solh0und

Solh0und

King of the backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:07 AM

I got Bulletstorm for the PS3. Is that cool?

It's a fair game. Don't expect for it to set the world on fire or anything.

#454 Francision

Francision

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:13 AM

my games arrived in the mail today. all games are in good condition but its the generic gamestop case so im goin in store tomorrow to see if they have the original cases. got deus ex for $3 thanks to the 50% off glitch
Posted Image

#455 MaximusDM

MaximusDM

What is a man!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:50 AM

Deus ex for 7.50 is a must! Is Homefront worth paying $5 for? I'm also aware that homefront has a online pass.

Doesn't matter anymore. They took the online servers down. So if you are hunting for a platinum, you won't get it with Homefront.

#456 PlowK1NG

PlowK1NG

Banned from MSstore.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:23 AM

My wife was the who went to the store while she had me on the phone...she asked the employee if they had EDF 2017 Pre-owned and how much it was and they told her $14.99 which she then told them about the website price and they told her "online price is always cheaper." That's Gamestop for me in a nutshell...

They didn't even scanned it.

#457 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:31 AM

My wife was the who went to the store while she had me on the phone...she asked the employee if they had EDF 2017 Pre-owned and how much it was and they told her $14.99 which she then told them about the website price and they told her "online price is always cheaper." That's Gamestop for me in a nutshell...

If they scanned it at the register, it should show up at the updated price. Should be universal. If not, your Gamestop is pretty wonky then. :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#458 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:18 AM

ok well here's what i bought, keep in mind some may NOT be part of the 50% off, but they were $3 or less so whatever. plus i got my 10% off, had a $5 off PUR coupon, and had a 20% off birthday coupon to help on something.

Here's they are (all complete with box, booklet, and disc unless otherwise noted):
Xbox 360:
- Dark Sector ($1.79? yes please!)
- Section 8
- Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
- DDR Universe 2 (less than $3)
- DDR Universe 3 (less than $3)
- Bionic Commando
- Fracture (less than $3)
- Golden Axe: Beast Rider
- Akai Katana

PS3:
- Motorstorm
- Haze
- Lair
- MAG
- Homefront

Wii:
- Geometry Wars: Galaxies
- Boom Blox
- Boom Blox Bash Party (no booklet)
- Elebits
- Cursed Mountain
- Conduit (special edition box but just game and booklet no extras that I see)
- Marble Saga Kororinpa
- Sam & Max 2: Beyond Time & Space
- Broken Sword: Directors cut (went to a 3rd gamestop and grabbed this and...)
- Dawn of Discovery (...this one). So 24 games total for about $82.

I also went to the Toy Vault store and bought 17 Atari games for $0.99 a piece and Pac-man for Atari for $3.99 so 18 total.

I collect games so I obviously won't play them all, not now anyway, but call it a compulsion, hobby, whatever, but I enjoy it and $104.58 for 42 games to add to my collection is a deal any day of the week.

This now puts me at 2608 games in my collection (this is not including PC games or downloaded games. I only count physical console/handheld based games as that is what I collect). Crazy I know, but very cool to break the 2600+ mark. Also interesting that Atari 2600 games are what put me over that 2600+ mark.

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing

:xb1: Dead Rising 3

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe

#459 yars2010

yars2010

Fire Zorlon Cannon !

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Think im gonna pick up Call of Juarez and a MLB game.

Has anyone played any of the tennis games? How is Top spin 3 and Virtua Tennis 3?

#460 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

So I'm assuming that just like the older DDR games, you can play the DDR Universe games on a standard controller as well?

#461 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

So I'm assuming that just like the older DDR games, you can play the DDR Universe games on a standard controller as well?

Yes

#462 ScorpioKyle

ScorpioKyle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

I picked up The Shoot and Resistance 2 yesterday

#463 Rozz

Rozz

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

Think im gonna pick up Call of Juarez and a MLB game.

Has anyone played any of the tennis games? How is Top spin 3 and Virtua Tennis 3?

Virtua Tennis is fast and fun while Top Spin feels slow and clunky.

#464 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

Virtua Tennis is fast and fun while Top Spin feels slow and clunky.

Neither of those have Move support right

I returned F1 2010 after finally getting around to trying it and got El Shaddai, gonna give that one another shot.

#465 NJMane

NJMane

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

Stopped by my local GS to grab a few titles and ALL of the 50% off bin were disc only versions. Even at $3-5 a game, I cannot bring myself to purchase games that don't have at least the cover art.

#466 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

Stopped by my local GS to grab a few titles and ALL of the 50% off bin were disc only versions. Even at $3-5 a game, I cannot bring myself to purchase games that don't have at least the cover art.

Almost every single game I got from this sale except like 1 I've gotten from the racks and not the bin. I recommend using the Gamestop website/app to figure out which stores have the games you want in stock, and then either asking the employees or looking at the various pre-owned racks to find what you're looking for.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#467 fearMr.Met

fearMr.Met

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

Thanks OP

Today I picked up Resistance 2, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, and GRAW 2... all for $11 and change. To my surprise, each had the official cases and booklets. I'll keep checking back because it seems as though the list will keep updating since I can imagine that GS will try to slowly clean out their inventory before the PS4 drops next year.

#468 Solh0und

Solh0und

King of the backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Doesn't matter anymore. They took the online servers down. So if you are hunting for a platinum, you won't get it with Homefront.

Boo! I wasn't hunting for a platinum but I thought the multiplayer was neat enough to consider buying it. But after you told me that....

#469 NJMane

NJMane

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

Almost every single game I got from this sale except like 1 I've gotten from the racks and not the bin. I recommend using the Gamestop website/app to figure out which stores have the games you want in stock, and then either asking the employees or looking at the various pre-owned racks to find what you're looking for.

I actually did check on the pre-owned wall racks as well. The GS employees did a good job at getting them all to the bin. The stock for the store show "low stock" so I was not all that optimistic going in anyways.

#470 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

I actually did check on the pre-owned wall racks as well. The GS employees did a good job at getting them all to the bin. The stock for the store show "low stock" so I was not all that optimistic going in anyways.

Ah all my local gamestops had nothing in the bin but bad company 2 for Xbox and Wii shovelware.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#471 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

mine had a lot of copies on the shelves, and a very tiny bin that I actually missed until I'd already checked out. Seems they put the less likely to sell stuff in the bin, and leave the rest on the wall if they're feeling lazy

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#472 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

I'm sure this has probably been asked but I couldn't find an answer, are the prices online at the gs website then the 50% off to get the price?

axlrose4183.png

#473 Darthlain18

Darthlain18

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

I'm sure this has probably been asked but I couldn't find an answer, are the prices online at the gs website then the 50% off to get the price?

The prices online are the prices - the 50% already that you will pay in store before any coupons or PUR :)

#474 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

My games came in today from the 75% monday. 6 came generic so I went to the store and swapped em out for complete copies. Also, Euro 2008 came sealed for the 360. That was an interesting/pleasant surprise.
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#475 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

Went back today after I traded in a spare copy of BioShock 2 and a generic copy of DMC 4.

Picked up:

Stoked
Section 8 (Geeze, this has to have the largest colored manual I've ever seen.)
GH: World Tour
Bayonetta

I know Bayonetta wasn't on sale but I've wanted it forever since everyone raves about it.

And like others said, my store only put like 4 360 and 4 PS3 games in the sale bin. Everything else was still on the wall and in the 14.99 and under bin.

#476 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

Picked up:

Dance Dance Revolution Universe
Dance Dance Revolution Universe 2
Dance Dance Revolution Universe 3
DeBlob 2

2 of them were in generic cases :(

#477 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:54 AM

if anyone picks up a generic case copy of something, it might be worth checking out thecoverproject.com. You can print out your own artwork, so even if it's a crappy gamestop DVD case, it won't look as bad;)

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#478 FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Late Adopter (2016, baby!)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:39 AM

Thanks for updating the list, OP. Hopefully there's still one or two of the better games with case and manual. Looks like my PUR will be put to use this weekend.

I have to say that reading the list is making me dizzy, though. Essentially 3-D effects without the glasses. :shock: Red might not have been the best color to use in combination with white. :-k

402833.png FinderKeeperOSX.png

#479 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

I have not been able to find Homefront or MLB Front Office Manager.

#480 nevergonnagive2

nevergonnagive2

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

You guys have sparked my interest in that Earth Defense Force 2017... I may go back to gamestop and grab a copy...