- - - - -

50% off Select Pre-Owned Games at GameStop, 4/8 to 4/28

• Please log in to reply
511 replies to this topic

#31 guessed

guessed

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

Might be in for SingStar ABBA.

I'm kinda grasping at straws here, but of what's in this sale, that's my most likely pickup, too. Only a few stores in my area seem to have it currently, not sure if I'll make it to one of those parts of town.

Might see if I can find a used Cursed Mountain with steelbook - not sure how likely that is.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#32 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

this list is pure garbage, I thought there were gonna be some bigger AAA titles listed!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#33 vegeta4567

vegeta4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

Garbage!!

#34 guessed

guessed

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

this list is pure garbage, I thought there were gonna be some bigger AAA titles listed!

The list is mostly garbage. There are some actual hits/sleeper hits on the Wii list, although if one wanted those games, they'd most likely have them already (boom blox bash, elebits, zack & wiki, the conduit). Come to think of it, I actually don't have the conduit. Might add that to my list, not sure.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#35 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

lair and haze are supposed to be two of the worst ps3 exclusives ever, i think ill finally find out for myself lol. than again i just beat bioshock infante and playing junk games after finishing that masterpiece might not be a good idea. i wonder if the birthday coupon stacks with this. oh and guys get bulletstorm, fun game !

Lair became playable after they released a patch that did not force you to use the Sixaxis in the controller to fly. However still was pretty bad.
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#36 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

PBR: Out of the Chute

I didn't know they made a game about Pabst Blue Ribbon. Might have to check that out;-)
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#37 brentgolden

brentgolden

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

Wow Gamestop SUCKS!!!!

#38 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

lair and haze are supposed to be two of the worst ps3 exclusives ever, i think ill finally find out for myself lol. than again i just beat bioshock infante and playing junk games after finishing that masterpiece might not be a good idea. i wonder if the birthday coupon stacks with this. oh and guys get bulletstorm, fun game !

Haze isnt epic horrible. My only real gripe about it was the shitty AI. people complained about the short compaign before 5 hours was the norm

Lair is garbage with the six axis but didnt they patch it to allow for reg controls?

#39 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

Haze at least had some interesting ideas, even if it was the game that sent FreeRadical to the developer graveyard. Also both games were launch titles and both studios closed after their release, just incase you were wondering why most studios avoid releasing launch titles.

Haze wasnt a launch title if I remember correctly.

#40 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:14 AM

Whats Shellsock 2. Is that a FPS? I know Ive seen the case before.

#41 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

Haze wasnt a launch title if I remember correctly.

Neither of those were launch titles

#42 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

I'll probably get Lair.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#43 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

For $1 and change, I'm going to pick up Haze to finish. I have Kinect Adventures to return from a 50% bump anyway. Then I guess I'll see what else is $5 or less in the bin at the time.

#44 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

Neither of those were launch titles

Lair was initially supposed to be, but it got delayed.

xivpads.png

#45 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

While Lair is no masterpiece it is definitely worth the price of a cup of coffee. I enjoyed it enough to play through it three separate times (twice with Sixaxis once with analog.)

#46 paulwekiva

paulwekiva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

Thanks for the list, there's a few games on this list I might be interested in!

Also, I laughed at this: Ninjabread Man (don't buy this, don't do it, DON'T DO IT)....especially because I bought that game for one of my friends as a joke one year for a part of their Christmas present, it's pretty terrible.

Hmmmm...Ninjabread Man.....sounds interesting.

#47 daminion

daminion

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

Haze is terrible.

Lair is not bad at all. It got way better after the controls patch. Lair takes full advantage of 7.1 sound, so if you have a nice setup it's well worth a few levels.

#48 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

First off, thanks for this list. Crap or not you have done well for the community.

Things I might be interested in: (360)
Quake Wars, It's only $2.50
Stoked $2.50

Theres some decent PS3 and Wii games on there, but I don't own a PS3 and don't play the Wii anymore.
Hoping current used prices reflect what will happen Monday IE these games are really $2.50

#49 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

The list is mostly garbage. There are some actual hits/sleeper hits on the Wii list, although if one wanted those games, they'd most likely have them already (boom blox bash, elebits, zack & wiki, the conduit). Come to think of it, I actually don't have the conduit. Might add that to my list, not sure.

it's a pretty fun, arcade like FPS (kinda like if you could move in time crisis, though a very weak comparison). The story is garbage, but I enjoyed the campain a lot, and at this price it's definitely worth it:applause:I might actually pick it up again, as I sold it and now regret the decision
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#50 kaseyjakes

kaseyjakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

Elebits is highly underrated. great game.

#51 Goomba Stomper

Goomba Stomper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

For survival horror fans, Cursed Mountain for Wii is worth checking out. It has some issues at times with unresponsive controls but over all it's great.

#52 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

I recommend Bulletstorm at the sale price. I only played the single player campaign and enjoyed the story enough to finish the game.

I kind of want El Shaddai: Ascension on the PS3 more than the 360. I guess Gamestop wants to clear out multi-platform games on only certain systems.

Might get BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger on the 360 since I have the sequel in my PS3 backlog.

#53 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Hey, you can use these to trigger the 50% TIV bonus, right?

#54 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

Hey, you can use these to trigger the 50% TIV bonus, right?

this sale is a day after the 50% promo expires. if it was still going on during that time however than yes it would work
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#55 kelo360

kelo360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

Fifa 10 is definitely a gem on this list

#56 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

Fifa 10 is definitely a gem on this list

Agreed, and DEFINITELY if you dont have a footy game yet. Especially since we had RVP, Cesc, and Nasri back then ;)
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#57 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

this sale is a day after the 50% promo expires. if it was still going on during that time however than yes it would work

Awww, ok. Is there a new TIV bonus next week?

#58 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

Agreed, and DEFINITELY if you dont have a footy game yet. Especially since we had RVP, Cesc, and Nasri back then ;)

You forgot Bendtner :D

#59 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

F1:2010 is awesome. BCFX is supposed to be terrible, I want it.

I tried to play it for achievements when it was relatively new, it was kind of unplayable.

For those wondering, BCFX stands for Black College Football Experience.

::Black Panther fist raise::
Posted ImagePosted Image

#60 DcupsOfJustice

DcupsOfJustice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

I tried to play it for achievements when it was relatively new, it was kind of unplayable.

For those wondering, BCFX stands for Black College Football Experience.

::Black Panther fist raise::

I want to play the crappy drum line bit. Haven't played a football game since Madden 01, not my type of football.

I play a lot of crappy games, they are amusing. Infernal is along the same vein. Enjoyed it Easy game, laughable voice acting, still a decent game; true turd's turd.