Lego City Undercover 3DS preorder - $31.99

paulwekiva

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Gamestop.com has Lego City: Undercover available for pre-order online showing up at $31.99 (msrp $39.99). It is available for in-store pick up.

If you combine it with the 15% OFF deal (see post by TwistedShade) you could effectively pay $27.20 on day one for the game. Of course, you'll have to purchase something else that isn't a pre-order that costs $29.99 or more to get that additional savings.

[quote name='paulwekiva']Gamestop.com has Lego City: Undercover available for pre-order online showing up at $31.99 (msrp $39.99). It is available for in-store pick up.

If you combine it with the 15% OFF deal (see post by TwistedShade) you could effectively pay $27.20 on day one for the game. Of course, you'll have to purchase something else that isn't a pre-order that costs $29.99 or more to get that additional savings.[/QUOTE]

MSRP is $30 per Toys R Us and Amazon.

[quote name='bojay1997']MSRP is $30 per Toys R Us and Amazon.[/QUOTE]

That's what I get for using Best Buy as a reference.

[quote name='$hady']The extra $2 is for the pleasure of doing business with Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

The extra $2 is the charge to gut your copy for you. They know gamers hate opening games so they do that service for a fee.

[quote name='$hady']The extra $2 is for the pleasure of doing business with Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bumslie']The extra $2 is the charge to gut your copy for you. They know gamers hate opening games so they do that service for a fee.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the added benefits of greasy fingerprints and stickers all over the game case and manual!!!

LOL @ the GS employees, if I am looking for a NEW games there and they pull out a gutted one, I always say "No, I actually want a new copy. As in brand new sealed". And they respond "but it IS new, no one has ever played it!!". :roll:

[quote name='chimpmeister']LOL @ the GS employees, if I am looking for a NEW games there and they pull out a gutted one, I always say "No, I actually want a new copy. As in brand new sealed". And they respond "but it IS new, no one has ever played it!!". :roll:[/QUOTE]

When I learned this practice from them is when I stopped shopping there. Their definition of new is just jokingly sad. When they offered me a gutted copy onetime I refused it and the employee was still trying to sell me it as I was walking out. He told hey man it's still new, it's never been played and you don't need to mess with the plastic. It's ready to play when you get home.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Hoping for a 360 port. Any word on that?[/QUOTE]

It's published by Nintendo, so I'd say any ports to non-Nintendo hardware is highly unlikely.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Don't forget the added benefits of greasy fingerprints and stickers all over the game case and manual!!!

LOL @ the GS employees, if I am looking for a NEW games there and they pull out a gutted one, I always say "No, I actually want a new copy. As in brand new sealed". And they respond "but it IS new, no one has ever played it!!". :roll:[/QUOTE]

I wonder how they would respond to someone trading in a "New" opened copy of a game....

Anyone think this is going to be limited stock like Luigi's Mansion/Fire Emblem?

[edit] I think there's something wrong with my keyboard

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iwannadie']I wonder how they would respond to someone trading in a "New" opened copy of a game....[/QUOTE]

Employees should add that clear sticker that indicates gutted new copies. If ripped then they no longer accept it as new.

[quote name='JediDeath']Anyond think this is going to be limited stock like Luigi's Mansion/Fire Emblem?[/QUOTE]

It's Nintendo pushing digital downloads so yes

[quote name='JediDeath']Anyond think this is going to be limited stock like Luigi's Mansion/Fire Emblem?[/QUOTE]

Where did you find that Luigi's Mansion is going to be limited stock? I've never heard any about that.

[quote name='KageAlchemist']Where did you find that Luigi's Mansion is going to be limited stock? I've never heard any about that.[/QUOTE] Perhaps that was poor phrasing. What I meant to ask was if this is going to be another game where Nintendo severely limits how many copies retail stores are getting and how quickly they get replenished?

[quote name='KageAlchemist']Where did you find that Luigi's Mansion is going to be limited stock? I've never heard any about that.[/QUOTE]
I was going to ask the same. I got my LM2, from Newegg as a preorder, but I know friends & coworkers that went to get it after I told them it was great, and none had an issue finding a copy on the day after release.

[quote name='JediDeath']Perhaps that was poor phrasing. What I meant to ask was if this is going to be another game where Nintendo severely limits how many copies retail stores are getting and how quickly they get replenished?[/QUOTE]
I know NOE had this problem with MH3U, but I don't think that's Ninty policy (no conspiracy, in other words). I could be wrong, but I guess we'll have to see if there are shortages on all the games they release for Digital Download simultaneously (BTW, I HATE how it auto registers games, as I got screwed out of 40 coins from my 1st & last $40 e-shop purchase of Fire Emblem :evil:).

[quote name='chimpmeister']Don't forget the added benefits of greasy fingerprints and stickers all over the game case and manual!!!

LOL @ the GS employees, if I am looking for a NEW games there and they pull out a gutted one, I always say "No, I actually want a new copy. As in brand new sealed". And they respond "but it IS new, no one has ever played it!!". :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yep, and my response to that is this: Hey, if I buy a new game from you, stand in front of you and remove the shrink wrap and do not play it at all, will you refund my money as a new game return? They won't. Seeing as how they don't consider the game in new condition if I open the shrink wrap, then neither do I when they have done that.

bread's done
Back