• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

PS3

I think Kmart has it for $44.99 (standard edition) this week but Amazon may be a better bet for most who don't like wandering into what is now the Kmart abyss

Edited by GBAstar, 07 April 2013 - 08:25 AM.

#2 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

Was just about to post this. Any guesses if the CE will clearance at a lower price? I've seen a tons of these at BB and GS stores in my area.

#3 Talgrund

Talgrund

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

Was just about to post this. Any guesses if the CE will clearance at a lower price? I've seen a tons of these at BB and GS stores in my area.

Amazon is showing less than 500 left so I would doubt it.

#4 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

I really want the CE but I'm going to hold out until it drops to at least $49.99, I honestly think that might happen at some point. This is an amazing game BTW, thanks for the post GBA.

#5 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

Tomb Raider is the only CE in the past few months that I have seen sitting at shelves at Best Buy and in the past year the only ones I can think of that had left over units post release day are Black Ops II Hardened, AC 3 Limited and then Tomb Raider.

I would pick this up at $60.

#6 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

Amazon is showing less than 500 left so I would doubt it.

Amazon is not the only retailer that has these still. They're also available at BB, GS, and newegg. I really think it has a chance at going lower at one of those places.

#7 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

BB will almost certainly clearance theirs at some point, based on past form. 64.99 has been their drop price for CEs lately (Max Payne 3 and Assassins Creed 3), and I'd be happy with that. Hard to say what GS will do, as they had no price drops on AC3, instead converting them straight to used so maybe that's their new way of doing things.
BB is still rocking a $99 price point on the Aliens Colonial Marines CE though, whereas GS has it for 69.99. So who knows which one will crack first on Tomb Raider.

#8 granturismo

granturismo

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

PS3

[URL="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FS8LYK/ref=ox_sc_imb_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER"]360

I think Kmart has it for $44.99 this week but Amazon may be a better bet for most who don't like wandering into what is now the Kmart abyss

Yeah amazon is a better bet. Picked one up as just 500 left

Edited by granturismo, 13 April 2013 - 02:34 PM.

#9 ilifecomputer

ilifecomputer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

I just finished the story this weekend: so much fun. It was sooooo much fun to play.

#10 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

I just finished the story this weekend: so much fun. It was sooooo much fun to play.

+1; I also just finished a couple of days ago, definitely an awesome game with so much replay value for me.

#11 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

+2.

I bought it/beat it/sold it. Because I'm also waiting for the CE to hit a good price so I can rebuy it

#12 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

The CE s a steal at that price. the Lara play arts kai figure retails at around $60 by itself, its like getting the game,art book, and patches for $15.

#13 DaShaka

DaShaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

The CE s a steal at that price. the Lara play arts kai figure retails at around $60 by itself, its like getting the game,art book, and patches for $15.

Not really, seeing as mostly everyone wouldn't pay $60 for the figure even though that's what it retails for. Still a good deal though for an amazing game + extras.

#14 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

Not really, seeing as mostly everyone wouldn't pay $60 for the figure even though that's what it retails for. Still a good deal though for an amazing game + extras.

For those few that do its a steal since play arts figure typically retail in the $50-$75 range. Also the fact that it comes with the figure intrinsically makes this a better deal over all. It's the collective value of the whole that makes it an awesome deal. If everything was purchase piecemeal it would cost well over $130.

#15 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

I'm expecting this to drop further for sure. The publisher has stated that this didn't sell in the numbers they wanted(although it has sold great), so I'm guessing every retailer that sells this has TONS. This game has also been released within the busiest 2 months of gaming in years, so I know many passed on this game, so there has to be large overstock everywhere.

It's only a matter of time before someone drops this even further. If CE like these aren't pre-ordered or sold within the first month, most consumers are waiting for a better deal(that almost always comes). This deal isn't bad, but it can be better. I'm waiting for at least 59 or under.

#16 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

Anyone remember how much the CE was during the gold box day? It was the same day Tomb Raider was $42 all day.

#17 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

This also comes with the art book over places like GameStop/bestbuy At least I bought this last week and it still had it.

Yeah amazon is a better bet. Picked one up as just 500 left

I'm sure they will get more in. Ive seen it under 500 for the last few weeks and they keep getting more

I've sold many of the figurines for $60-$70. With the collectors price dropping it might get flooded and lower the price but people were definitely paying that much for the figurine before.

#18 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

There's only one copy left at my Bestbuy. I really want to PM and use a $10 RZ but it might drop even more. Only a couple weeks to PM after buying
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#19 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

I will buy it instantly once it hits $59.99.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#20 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

i will wait till the $49.99 price point to bite. if it is even still available at the price point

#21 AzGoat

AzGoat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

is this possible to price match still at best buy if your a sliver??

#22 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

There's only one copy left at my Bestbuy. I really want to PM and use a $10 RZ but it might drop even more. Only a couple weeks to PM after buying

If there's only one copy left you might want to take your chances.

I got this thing after flipping 2 copies of Pokemon Soul silver I got for $5 ($10>$40) and decided I might as well get it at gamestop.

Word of advice; only really worth it if you really like figures. Otherwise it's just a soundtrack, a map/poster and a tiny lithograph (there's also a code there but let's be real, you'll all try it out then put it away forever).

#23 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

If you bought it at BBY when it released, no, since you can only PM BBY post-purchase now.

If you want to buy it today, yes.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Puppeteer [Plat Cleanup]; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]:  :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#24 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

If there's only one copy left you might want to take your chances.

I got this thing after flipping 2 copies of Pokemon Soul silver I got for $5 ($10>$40) and decided I might as well get it at gamestop.

Word of advice; only really worth it if you really like figures. Otherwise it's just a soundtrack, a map/poster and a tiny lithograph (there's also a code there but let's be real, you'll all try it out then put it away forever).

doesn't it come with the steel tincase? or is the tin case plastic?

#25 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

Steelbook was Target.exclusive

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#26 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

Steelbook was Target.exclusive

i was talking about the collectors edition, of whether the tin case is plastic

#27 AzGoat

AzGoat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

i was talking about the collectors edition, of whether the tin case is plastic

Tin case

#28 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Tin case

thanks, good to know

#29 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

If you preordered using their website before their new price-match policy went into effect in March, yes. In my case, the order showed up as being placed on February 16th, and since I was covered by the previous price match policy, and it was within 60 days, I was able to have them adjust my price to Amazon's $75.99.
Posted Image

#30 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

If you preordered using their website before their new price-match policy went into effect in March, yes. In my case, the order showed up as being placed on February 16th, and since I was covered by the previous price match policy, and it was within 60 days, I was able to have them adjust my price to Amazon's $75.99.

nice, you essentially pay about $55 for it, if you preorder it with the $20 rewardzone certif.