Amazon - Tomb Raider PS3/360 = $45.99; Collector's PS3/360 = $75.99

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:10 PM

nice, you essentially pay about $55 for it, if you preorder it with the $20 rewardzone certif.

Yup! It was actually a birthday present for my fiance, too. Now I feel cheap, heh.
Posted Image

#32 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

A little over a month for a $14 price drop, another three months and I can finally play this game!

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#33 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

ive been scoring a bunch of cheap collectors editions latley and i would love the tomb raider one to plumit soon. i also want the god of war one to drop. great games with nice statues along with other swag + a cheap price ? perfect lol. i need more statues :D
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#34 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

ive been scoring a bunch of cheap collectors editions latley and i would love the tomb raider one to plumit soon. i also want the god of war one to drop. great games with nice statues along with other swag + a cheap price ? perfect lol. i need more statues :D

Oh.

#35 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:40 PM

In no time you would be in my dilemma: finding a place to nicely display all those suckers.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#36 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

I'm not the only person who feels like most of strait edge's posts deserve a "cool story, bro," right?

#37 captpluto9465

captpluto9465

CAGalicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

I'm not the only person who feels like most of strait edge's posts deserve a "cool story, bro," right?

I've been waiting for Tomb Raider to plumit latley myself.

#38 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

i dont know if i should match this at bestbuy and use my incomming 20$ coupon from bioshock on it. i was going to save it for the last of us but now i dont know what to do. soooo tempting
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#39 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

i dont know if i should match this at bestbuy and use my incomming 20$ coupon from bioshock on it. i was going to save it for the last of us but now i dont know what to do. soooo tempting

you only live once, lol

#40 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:58 AM

I really want the statue but $75 is still too high.

154512.png

:360: Child of Light / FIFA 14

:pc: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:ps4: Watch Dogs

jionekanji.png

#41 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:05 AM

Waiting for $34.99 or around there.

#42 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:44 AM

You're not alone
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#43 Marlowe78

Marlowe78

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

PC download copy is 34.99.

#44 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:14 AM

If the CE ever drops to the $40-$50 range, I might pick up the :360: version. I thoroughly enjoyed playing the :ps3: version and getting all but one of the single-player trophies (darn you, Chatterbox...!), and I wouldn't mind having a secondary excuse (i.e., achievements) to play it again.

No, I'm not desperate for achievements. I like to think of them as a neat bonus. :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#45 Lyricsborn

Lyricsborn

CAG of the Year

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:25 AM

Glad I'm not the only one. Anyways back on topic in for one thanks OP.
Posted Image Who cares about these invisible things?

Alright kids the worlds ending, back on the bus.

#46 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:29 AM

Has anybody ever got their $20 cert from their BB preorder for the Collector's edition? I don't think I ever got mine.

#47 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:59 AM

If the CE ever drops to the $40-$50 range, I might pick up the :360: version. I thoroughly enjoyed playing the :ps3: version and getting all but one of the single-player trophies (darn you, Chatterbox...!), and I wouldn't mind having a secondary excuse (i.e., achievements) to play it again.

No, I'm not desperate for achievements. I like to think of them as a neat bonus. :D

how was the game ? is it completely like unchared like ive heard or does it do enough to stand on its own ?

oh and my ears were ringing, did someone mention my name on here ? :)
Currently playing

#48 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:35 AM

how was the game ? is it completely like unchared like ive heard or does it do enough to stand on its own ?

I really enjoyed it, and I agree with the comparison many have made with the Uncharted series: The Uncharted games have more likable characters and plots, but Tomb Raider outdoes it in gameplay. It approaches the third-person-shooter in a better way than Uncharted did--admittedly in a different way with its less-than-linear exploration aspects and upgrade system, though the characters themselves (except Lara) are pretty forgettable.

If I had to rate it on a 5-point scale, I'd give it a 4.5/5.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#49 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

Amazon seems to be low on stock of the Special Edition controller for this game, if anyone is interested in it. Probably goes well with the Collectors Edition of the game.

Controller.

#50 typesdragon

typesdragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

I played all 3 games of Uncharted and also just finished Tomb Raider recently and it definitely stands on its own. It is over the top action, but it very enjoyable. Uncharted and TR both shares similar gameplay but it is very different in their way. First off, TR is way more gore / graphic which I like. It has a great cover and upgrade system for weapons and abilities. Just play it, you will be hooked. :applause:

#51 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:12 AM

I received the CE in the mail today that I ordered last week from Gamestop, and just a word of advice. If anyone plans on posing the Lara figure, you may want to think about letting it sit in some warm water for about 20 min to loosen up the joints.
I felt like I was going to break those arms.

Oh, and it may be worth noting that the game comes sealed inside the tin, and its the same UPC as the regular version.

#52 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

anyone think Amazon may still have their exclusive version?

#53 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:16 AM

I played all 3 games of Uncharted and also just finished Tomb Raider recently and it definitely stands on its own. It is over the top action, but it very enjoyable. Uncharted and TR both shares similar gameplay but it is very different in their way. First off, TR is way more gore / graphic which I like. It has a great cover and upgrade system for weapons and abilities. Just play it, you will be hooked. :applause:

I never played the uncharted games, but thanks for the review. May get this when it hits $40/$50

#54 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:35 AM

I have my $20 voucher from Dead Space 3 that I've been sitting on for a while. I was holding on for 39.99 but this seems close enough. Dunno how patient I am.

#55 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:01 AM

want the game but since the single player is only 8-10hrs long will wait for under $20, wish some of those resources should have went towards making the single player longer and better

not every game needs MP, just played bioshock and it was a lot of fun, spent like 14hrs on the game but when i got to the ending it felt like 6-7 hrs game. So good

#56 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

You'll want to skip this one then. It's a cheap figure with kankle ball joints from the vids i've seen. I'll buy the game at 30 and wait for the ce to converted to used and get the figure for free.

#57 jsmc

jsmc

You're killin' me Smalls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

I keep going back and forth on picking this up at this price point. I'm definitely interested in the game, but I know I'll beat it once and then put it on the shelf for a while until i choose to replay it down the road. Can't decide if I should wait for a better deal later this year.

#58 Dagget99

Dagget99

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

Got mine in the mail today, thanks for posting OP!

I really only wanted it for the action figure-this is the first Play Arts Kai figure I own, and as a toy nerd I am really impressed. Note that this isnt a statue, it's a fully posable figure with weapons and swappable hands and 30-something points of articulation. Also, it retails for $65 alone, which makes this CE a steal.

Mine came with a small artbook slipped outside the tin box-nifty bonus!

#59 wolfgang2399

wolfgang2399

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

Mine came in yesterday. I ordered the standard version but it came with the slip cover and art book. I guess it was a leftover pre-order copy.

#60 Zeferino64

Zeferino64

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Should I get the CE right now or see if it will go any lower?