DOOM 3 BFG Edition, Spec Ops The Line Premium Edition - $19.99 + FS @ BestBuy.com

[quote name='TaylorM06']Wonder how a $20 off @Gamer coupon works with a game that's listed as $20.[/QUOTE]

What coupon. New set today.

[quote name='TaylorM06']Wonder how a $20 off @Gamer coupon works with a game that's listed as $20.[/QUOTE]

That DOOM coupon expired yesterday.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Looks like BB finally figured out how to stop free games.[/QUOTE]

I didn't want a "free" game, because nothing in a retail store is free.

But I was hoping I could get $10-15 back

[quote name='TaylorM06']Sneaky bastards.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and it pretty much makes the coupon worthless since they just put it on sale for the price it would have cost with the coupon. I would expect NFS:Most Wanted to get a $25 sale on May 8th.

[quote name='TaylorM06']I didn't want a "free" game, because nothing in a retail store is free.

But I was hoping I could get $10-15 back[/QUOTE]

When it comes to Best Buy, there is such a thing as free. I never had a single problem using a Gamerzone coupon to get an item for nothing out of pocket.

Hell there was even a price mistake about a year ago where you could order a $50 webcam for $0 with instore pickup. Cashier didn't even look twice when the receipt said $0.

Man...my Best Buy wont even let me use coupons when the game is on sale. They flip out about how it's either one or the other. They wont even price match other stores. The only way I can get things cheaper is to order it online and then call customer service...which usually works after I get the 5 or 6 transfers around because they don't wanna send me to the department that deals with that..if I don't get cut off before I reach them.

[quote name='TaylorM06']Sneaky bastards.[/QUOTE]

exactly what I was thinking maybe they are catching on, now just wont sell any.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah and it pretty much makes the coupon worthless since they just put it on sale for the price it would have cost with the coupon. I would expect NFS:Most Wanted to get a $25 sale on May 8th.[/QUOTE]

That's how the reward zone and @gamer coupons have always worked. It's a month early preview of their upcoming sales.

Sometimes we've been lucky and the coupons end up overlapping into the actual sale, and the games end up being free or only a few bucks, but it seems like BB is aware of that problem now.

clevergirl.jpeg

[quote name='Digital Idiot']That's how the reward zone and @gamer coupons have always worked. It's a month early preview of their upcoming sales.

Sometimes we've been lucky and the coupons end up overlapping into the actual sale, and the games end up being free or only a few bucks, but it seems like BB is aware of that problem now.[/QUOTE]

I think that is more a generalization then a hard and fast rule. Just because a game or two happen to go on sale after the coupons does not mean it has ALWAYS been a preview of the next month's sales.

Nice timing on this deal. Looks like best buy finally worked out there pricing mishaps with giving away free or close to free games... Bastards.

[quote name='marjincharge']Is this a good deal on spec ops? Or is it possible for it to get lower?[/QUOTE]

You can get it lower used from Gamefly and you can also get it free (while having a subscripion of course) to Playstation Plus.

EDIT: Copped the 360 verison of DOOM 3 BFG for $10.00 after that $10 Best Buy Reward Zone Facebook coupon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Komentra']You can get it lower used from Gamefly and you can also get it free (while having a subscripion of course) to Playstation Plus.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking to get it new and not digitally.

[quote name='marjincharge']I'm looking to get it new and not digitally.[/QUOTE]

I don't think these things are flying off the shelf, so your best bet is to wait for a clearance sale.

Thanks Best Buy for reminding me why I don't spend money in your store for video games. If I buy a video game in Best Buy, I do it with credit or rewards zone certificates.

Wha??? I can't double-dip and abuse a coupon to get something for nothing? How dare they try to stay in business. Shaq-Fu them - I'll never go there again.

Dur.

[quote name='StryderOmega']I don't think these things are flying off the shelf, so your best bet is to wait for a clearance sale.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, especially when it has been free for PS+.

wow! thanks bestbuy for the worthless march coupons. no to just wait on clearance prices for doom and spec ops. these will not fly off the shelves even with those prices.

[quote name='gldoorii']Man...my Best Buy wont even let me use coupons when the game is on sale. They flip out about how it's either one or the other. They wont even price match other stores. The only way I can get things cheaper is to order it online and then call customer service...which usually works after I get the 5 or 6 transfers around because they don't wanna send me to the department that deals with that..if I don't get cut off before I reach them.[/QUOTE]

The coupons clearly state on the back that they are to be taken from sale prices.

Your store refusing to honor official coupons is likely some sort of violation because the coupons do not say "participating stores only".

[quote name='StryderOmega']I don't think these things are flying off the shelf, so your best bet is to wait for a clearance sale.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I can wait.

yeah I'm waiting on $10 or less on DOOM, it was $13 at gamefly recently used. it'll drop more and then I can add it to the collection.

Yea i got tricked into that GAMER crap when I was buying my Big Game skin GOW guide the other day. After returning it I was stuck with teh gamer cause I didn't know you couldn't cancel it. (and the guy selling it to me didn't know any of the stuff about it either

It's 1 coupon to be used w/in a month B2G1 not all year (>>)

Anyway yea i'm hoping that sometimes they'll have mis-marks for free games.

But at least I can get the Injustice DLC for 3.49 with that 10% coupon and 10 dollar gift certificate

[quote name='Darklurkr23']Yea i got tricked into that GAMER crap when I was buying my Big Game skin GOW guide the other day. After returning it I was stuck with teh gamer cause I didn't know you couldn't cancel it. (and the guy selling it to me didn't know any of the stuff about it either

It's 1 coupon to be used w/in a month B2G1 not all year (>>)

Anyway yea i'm hoping that sometimes they'll have mis-marks for free games.

But at least I can get the Injustice DLC for 3.49 with that 10% coupon and 10 dollar gift certificate[/QUOTE]

Isnt that Big Game skin the Giraffe looking skin that comes with the season pass? And I dont know if I care to own Spec Ops the line. I was hoping to just borrow or rent it and beat it in a weekend someday. Already have it free on Ps3 but Im pretty much a 360 gamer.

Yeah because being able to get the game a month earlier at the same price it is now isn't a benefit or anything.

Also I'm pretty sure this is or will be MSRP on both games very soon.

[quote name='starmask2k3']so what's in the Spec Ops: The Line Premium Edition[/QUOTE]

A multiplayer DLC pack (FUBAR pack) and a shinier cover.

OF COURSE as soon as I go to use my $15 BBRZ cert to get $5 Spec Ops the "system is down" and won't let me access them. What the fucking fuck.

Since multiplayer for Spec Ops was dead on arrival, there's not much point to the Premium Edition. If you're looking for something to use the Facebook promo cert on, you could do worse.

As for me, I used $15 in RZ funny money to pick up Doom. Worth it for the nostalgia.

Double-dipping on a sale and coupon isn't abuse, it's called smart shopping. Ask anyone who buys groceries for themselves. Besides, the @Gamer podcast actually would encourage it. No, getting the game a month early for the price it is now is not a benefit when you have to pay to join the "club" in order to do it. Basically what this is saying is, there is no longer a point to sign up for Gamer Club Unlocked because the really good deals they offered last year aren't going to happen again. The coupons merely reflect a soon-to-be regular price. Besides, with the new systems coming out this year, prices on all non-new releases are going to plummet very soon.

[quote name='nadohawk']bestbuy one step closer to the end.[/quote]
...and i'm about to break!

Double-dipping on a sale and coupon isn't abuse, it's called smart shopping. Ask anyone who buys groceries for themselves.
But what about people who buy groceries for others?

[quote name='iamsmart']...and i'm about to break!

But what about people who buy groceries for others?[/QUOTE]

You mean like how my taxes buy food for poor people who aren't really poor?

[quote name='FadeToOne']You mean like how my taxes buy food for poor people who aren't really poor?[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='FadeToOne']You mean like how my taxes buy food for poor people who aren't really poor?[/QUOTE]

Versus Forum is that way ---->

[quote name='MetalSlugger']A multiplayer DLC pack (FUBAR pack) and a shinier cover.

OF COURSE as soon as I go to use my $15 BBRZ cert to get $5 Spec Ops the "system is down" and won't let me access them. What the fucking fuck.[/QUOTE]

I had the same issue. But I remember it goes to your e-mail too so I was able to find it without the website.

So getting a game I want today for the same price it will be in a month isn't a deal?

I did not know that.

I also didn't know that these "useless coupons" were the only benefit of being a GCU member.

[quote name='joby27']I had the same issue. But I remember it goes to your e-mail too so I was able to find it without the website.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, totally forgot about that.

Debating on picking up Spec Ops with the $20 RZ certificate I just got for buying Gears Judgment... Thanks for the heads up, OP.

Doom 3 BFG Edition is that price in-store as well, and when I went to my Best Buy after doing the inventory checker which told me it wasn't in stock for PS3, I saw 1 copy left.

CAG...what a site. I checked online to see if my local Best Buy had a copy of Doom BFG Ed in stock and lucky one store did. Even thou the $20 off coupon expired, I figured I would give it a shot and see if I could use it. I get to the store and grab what looked to be the last copy and jet to the checkout line. I figured I should purchase another item so that if they accept the coupon, the price would be $0.00 at checkout. So I picked up an overly priced 20oz soda for $2. I get the register handed over the soda, my bb rewards zone id, the game (requested that a price check to ensure the price dropped to $20), and the coupon. Of course the cashier realizes the coupon expired after trying to scan it. Naturally I say nooo…I didn’t know. The cashier, who happens to be a young girl, looks over to see my pretty 11mo baby girl playing with a cute toy & laughing. The cashier says would you like a manager to come over. I say sure and I keep playing with my daughter to make her laugh and smile. The manager comes over adjusts the price from $19.99 to $1.00 and I say thank you very much while trying not to smile too big.

Did I use my daughter to get a game for $1 instead of the regular price? Nah…well maybe, but it didn’t hurt my case. All in all it worked. Thanks CAG for alerting to me to price drop. It doesn’t hurt to see if you can use an expired coupon…the worse thing they can say is no. Mind you this happen yesterday. In this case, the coupon was expired by only one day…which seemed to help. Make your case look better by attempting to purchase more than one item so that your final checkout is not zero.

[quote name='PikkonFusion']CAG...what a site. I checked online to see if my local Best Buy had a copy of Doom BFG Ed in stock and lucky one store did. Even thou the $20 off coupon expired, I figured I would give it a shot and see if I could use it. I get to the store and grab what looked to be the last copy and jet to the checkout line. I figured I should purchase another item so that if they accept the coupon, the price would be $0.00 at checkout. So I picked up an overly priced 20oz soda for $2. I get the register handed over the soda, my bb rewards zone id, the game (requested that a price check to ensure the price dropped to $20), and the coupon. Of course the cashier realizes the coupon expired after trying to scan it. Naturally I say nooo…I didn’t know. The cashier, who happens to be a young girl, looks over to see my pretty 11mo baby girl playing with a cute toy & laughing. The cashier says would you like a manager to come over. I say sure and I keep playing with my daughter to make her laugh and smile. The manager comes over adjusts the price from $19.99 to $1.00 and I say thank you very much while trying not to smile too big.

Did I use my daughter to get a game for $1 instead of the regular price? Nah…well maybe, but it didn’t hurt my case. All in all it worked. Thanks CAG for alerting to me to price drop. It doesn’t hurt to see if you can use an expired coupon…the worse thing they can say is no. Mind you this happen yesterday. In this case, the coupon was expired by only one day…which seemed to help. Make your case look better by attempting to purchase more than one item so that your final checkout is not zero.[/QUOTE]

Yes because buying a game and a soda for $2 is much more discreet than trying to buy a game for nothing. Not to mention that you getting the soda helped you in no way in your case. It's obvious a manager override would be needed, so while purchasing other items could certainly help, a $2 soda isn't the answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back