Photo
- - - - -

Bioshock Infinite $29.98 @ Target? Possibly YMMV?

• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

#31 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:02 AM

Hmmm... Nah ill pass... Maybe. PS3 needs some loving... Hard choice but I prefer the 360.

euro gamer says the ps3 version is better

#32 AcidRain25

AcidRain25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:04 AM

Damn I was hoping no body would post this. I can verify that both Tomb Raider (w/steelbook) and Bioshock Infinite (also the Premium Edition) were clearanced at some Targets. The prices by me were at $42 and I was waiting for the $30 price to hit so I didn't want to post it and send out all the hoarders and flippers out that normally clean out my local targets. With both games being such highly reviewed I feel like most people will still buy them at the $42 price so that's another reason I didn't want to post it on CAG.

Now that it's posted I guess I going to be forced to hit up a bunch of Targets early tomorrow in hopes of getting the sweet $30 price.

#33 Monsta Mack

Monsta Mack

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:06 AM

Still too much. :P

Would you kindly kill yourself? :P

#34 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:08 AM

It has a reversible cover anyways.

And it is soooo much better than the normal cover. :drool:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Flying Hamster HD; Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/7]:  :vita: Rayman Legends ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#35 BWeed560

BWeed560

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:08 AM

What a score! My super target will never do anything like that..Last i checked they had mlb 2k12 and some ds games..

You got lucky good sir..I wont buy it untill that price 6 months later from now :D I enjoyed the 1 hour trial from ps store. The metal arm melee is sick. One hour goes too fast.

#36 Mafiacrooks

Mafiacrooks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:31 AM

My best bet is that its the first print versions of Infinite that only have Bioshock 1, and they are clearing it out...

#37 yoricksdeath

yoricksdeath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:31 AM

Thanks I was able to get the Premium Edition (360) for $54.xx.

#38 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:45 AM

Thanks I was able to get the Premium Edition (360) for $54.xx.

wait, what?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#39 DieGo2SHAE

DieGo2SHAE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:48 AM

Any west coast CAGs want to call their Targets before closing to see if this is anywhere else at all? I'm calling my store first thing in the morning because this is quite the deal...

#40 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

Any west coast CAGs want to call their Targets before closing to see if this is anywhere else at all? I'm calling my store first thing in the morning because this is quite the deal...

First rule is do not call

#41 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:57 AM

Just go to the store, don't call.

EDIT: Looks like Wario beat me to it, while I had this window responding to a PM :D

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#42 VexxedCS

VexxedCS

Dirty Nihilist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:01 AM

This has happened a few times recently where Target's system borks up and puts a new release on clearance. Asura's Wrath, Resident Evil: ORC Special Edition, and Tiger Woods '13 Masters Edition off the top of my head.

Two things: It is YMMV, and they WILL fix it within a few days.

#43 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:01 AM

I don't care if it's because it includes the original Bioshock or because it's PSMove compatible, Sony putting the "only on PlayStation" wording on their cover art is 100% bag-o-dicks.

That is really weird. Should have said Exclusive Content Only on PS3, like below. It's definitely a little bit misleading.

Spoiler

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#44 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:06 AM

for Target clearance (and other places I guess), would the clearance price show up if the game is scanned (or dcpi typed in) at a scanner?

#45 VexxedCS

VexxedCS

Dirty Nihilist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:08 AM

for Target clearance (and other places I guess), would the clearance price show up if the game is scanned (or dcpi typed in) at a scanner?

Yep.

#46 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:24 AM

And it is soooo much better than the normal cover. :drool:

It looks terrible against the 360's green case IMO. I opened up the case, saw the art through the plastic, pulled it out and thought the art looked great, and then big disappointment when I slide it back onto the case. If I was the type that obsessed over this kind of thing I'd probably think about putting it in a different DVD case, realize it wouldn't look right with the rest of my green 360 games, flip it back to the original art, and then stare at it out of resentment.

#47 Jawwaad1

Jawwaad1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:25 AM

This has happened a few times recently where Target's system borks up and puts a new release on clearance. Asura's Wrath, Resident Evil: ORC Special Edition, and Tiger Woods '13 Masters Edition off the top of my head.

Two things: It is YMMV, and they WILL fix it within a few days.

This post I totally agree with. Target's system is really messed up sometimes. I remember Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition PS3 being $21 on release date and Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed 3DS being $5 on release date. It seems this was YMMV at the store I work for.

#48 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:29 AM

Just a heads up guys, all clearance is YMMV at Target. I work for Target and this is definitely the first time I've seen this. Some times the clearance system will mess up and have employee ticket things accidently, in which when caught the employees have to take the stickers off and the price goes back up. This looks like one of those situations; I've seen it happen before. I wouldn't expect any other Target stores to have this too.

Anyway, awesome luck to the OP though!

#49 fmwross2

fmwross2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:57 AM

It has a reversible cover anyways.

I've had it since launch and didn't even notice. Mine looks like a badass Criterion now. I'm going to look through the rest of my games and see if there are any more.

#50 WolfmanASTN

WolfmanASTN

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:30 AM

Now I definitely need to check my target tomorrow!

I played through the game on a rental and it was so good I felt bad for not buying it.

#51 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:42 AM

I didn't even see a PC version. I wish I had, I hear the PC version is infinitely superior to the console versions. Probably just wait for a steam sale though.

Normally I do not buy into that very much but after watching some walkthroughs in 1080p from a ultra high PC it makes my 360 playthrough seem drab. I kind of wished I never watched it. Still looks good on consoles in comparison to a lot of stuff but man that game just popped on the PC. I love the art style.

#52 domon

domon

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:04 AM

Ooh this is exactly the price I was waiting to bite at. I need more shampoo anyways so I'll check tomorrow.

#53 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:09 AM

It looks terrible against the 360's green case IMO. I opened up the case, saw the art through the plastic, pulled it out and thought the art looked great, and then big disappointment when I slide it back onto the case. If I was the type that obsessed over this kind of thing I'd probably think about putting it in a different DVD case, realize it wouldn't look right with the rest of my green 360 games, flip it back to the original art, and then stare at it out of resentment.

Ugh. Sorry to hear that...but I'm happier that I got the :ps3: version now. :booty:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Flying Hamster HD; Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/7]:  :vita: Rayman Legends ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#54 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:19 AM

wow, the clearance label already. The game hasn't even been out two weeks has it?

Nice find though, I wonder if someone at that Target overlooked something. ¬¬

#55 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:23 AM

Why does Target clearance stuff like this? What could the purpose be to mark an item that just came out as clearance for half off?

#56 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:23 AM

Damn..... $30 already....
I went to my local Target and I don't think I saw it for $30...

#57 jl_rival

jl_rival

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

That's nothing, at my Target, they had the Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition for the Xbox 360 for $56! Too bad I already bought the standard Bioshock Infinite for my ps3!
[URL="http://gamercards.exophase.com/xbl/user/JL%20Mafia/"]Posted Image[/URL]

#58 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:42 AM

TIV at GameStop currently? Just seeing if it is worth it to see if I can flip them to a premium 360 copy. (Pretty sure the targets near me don't have this on clearance)

xivpads.png

#59 bluelark

bluelark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

That's about an hour away from me. If I wanted it on PS3 I'd consider going there to check. I really want it for PC though...

I'm pretty sure it's an error and they marked the wrong thing for clearance or something... I'm just guessing though...

#60 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

I wish the Target near my area was good with Clearance stuff.........it's always crap.

"Good" with clearance stuff or good with stupid employees/pricing mistakes?