Photo
- - - - -

Bioshock Infinite $29.98 @ Target? Possibly YMMV?

• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

#61 kitlerc

kitlerc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

First rule is do not call

Why don't you call?

#62 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

I've had it since launch and didn't even notice. Mine looks like a badass Criterion now. I'm going to look through the rest of my games and see if there are any more.

On this topic BMXXX has a poster on the other side of the cover art ;)

#63 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

Why don't you call?

Because it brings attention to the error, and the responsible employee has to report it.

#64 JediDeath

JediDeath

Casual Fribsday 2024

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

Just a heads up guys, all clearance is YMMV at Target. I work for Target and this is definitely the first time I've seen this. Some times the clearance system will mess up and have employee ticket things accidently, in which when caught the employees have to take the stickers off and the price goes back up. This looks like one of those situations; I've seen it happen before. I wouldn't expect any other Target stores to have this too.

Anyway, awesome luck to the OP though!

*Fondly remembers when the Playstation 3 went on clearance* :drool:

#65 redreflect

redreflect

I am the Wolf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

Why don't you call?

And the irresponsible employee tells you they don't have it then hides it in a drawer and buys it on lunch break.

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#66 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

TIV at GameStop currently? Just seeing if it is worth it to see if I can flip them to a premium 360 copy. (Pretty sure the targets near me don't have this on clearance)

while this isnt the thread to ask this in the answer to your question is 26 base. after 30% extra towards used game purchase promo and pur 10% you get 36.40$, not worth it to me
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#67 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

Wont any Target match this now as you have a receipt image?

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#68 trollape74

trollape74

Lifting and Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

Wont any Target match this now as you have a receipt image?

Probably not since the receipt does say same item only if opened and that clearance is YMMV for each target. Also probably wouldn't work for those seeking xbox versions.

#69 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

No go at the Southington, CT Target. Out of PS3 copies and both version's item codes rang up at $60. Also the they didn't have any Premiums. If anyone does find some on sale though, please pick me up a copy :3 Would be more than willing to pay to have it shipped over here.

#70 retrovertigo

retrovertigo

It's inexplicable!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

Wow, I'm really shocked, that a brand new game was already slapped with a clearance sticker. I know it's getting great reviews, but is the game actually selling that well? Even though it's a YMMV, perhaps there is a reason for the clearance sticker if it's not selling copies...?

#71 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

Wow, I'm really shocked, that a brand new game was already slapped with a clearance sticker. I know it's getting great reviews, but is the game actually selling that well? Even though it's a YMMV, perhaps there is a reason for the clearance sticker if it's not selling copies...?

No. Target does this randomly.

#72 Horns

Horns

CAG Marketplace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

Target is so unreliable and unpredictable when it come to price consistency.

I'll swing by there anyway, need diapers for the kids, so far I've never found one of these deals at a local Target.
CML

#73 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

Even though it's a YMMV, perhaps there is a reason for the clearance sticker if it's not selling copies...?

There's not.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#74 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

while this isnt the thread to ask this in the answer to your question is 26 base. after 30% extra towards used game purchase promo and pur 10% you get 36.40$, not worth it to me

Nope definitely not. Thanks for the info!

xivpads.png

#75 benisjamino

benisjamino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

Thanks I was able to get the Premium Edition (360) for $54.xx.

Yeah last week my Target had a Bioshock Infinite: Premium Edition marked down on clearance to $54. Only one copy though.

:3ds: 1032-1395-1001 ---  ACNL+Icon.png 5600-2725-3002  ---   :wiiu:

#76 The Truth

The Truth

I miss SOCOM. DBU!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

You joined with one of your first few posts being one of the most annoying types of posts on CAG.
Slow clap.

judgement passed.
"I'm hot boy, I'm burnin' up. I do my thang in the club with da burner tuck'd."

#77 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

mine didnt have it :(

#78 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

The game honestly hasn't been selling too well. I think my Walmart has only sold 10 copies for PS3/Xbox 360 combined.

mine didnt have it :(

Have it at that price or have it at all?

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#79 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

The game honestly hasn't been selling too well. I think my Walmart has only sold 10 copies for PS3/Xbox 360 combined.

That's Walmart tho. Who shops video games at Walmart unless its Black Friday? (Or if they happen to have the good make-a-bundle deal online. Ie: 3 for 40 for Vita games.)

xivpads.png

#80 metaphysicalstyles

metaphysicalstyles

Boo this man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

So, other than OP, has anyone had luck finding this? I have four Targets within 20 minutes of my home... and I'm dying to play this, but I'm not really in the mood for a wild goose chase.
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/neuroned%27Posted Image

#81 terutt

terutt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

Although it is odd for brand new games to go immediately on clearance, it has happened before. A few years back, within a couple of weeks of release, all the sudden they were clearancing out Madden (it was the "special edition)

#82 OscillatingFerret

OscillatingFerret

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

fyi, the store OP found this at does their electronics clearance on Fridays, not Mondays.

#83 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

At $30.

The game sold pretty bad considering they were saying 3 million. Game sold 450K on 360, 219K on PS3, and 104K on PC. In Europe 300K overall. That's like a million. Not bad actually for 1 week.

#84 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

At $30.

The game sold pretty bad considering they were saying 3 million. Game sold 450K on 360, 219K on PS3, and 104K on PC. In Europe 300K overall. That's like a million. Not bad actually for 1 week.

Those are disappointing numbers. I just finished it last night and it's the best game I've played in a long time. It's rare that you play a game that deserves to be played more than once.

#85 retrovertigo

retrovertigo

It's inexplicable!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

There's not.

Actually, if you look at Major Nelson's list of top games for the week, starting April 1, BioShock Infinite is #13 of 20. That not exactly screaming "hot seller" to me, unfortunately.

• Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  • Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  • EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  • Halo 4
  • NBA 2K13
  • Battlefield 3
  • Gears of War: Judgment
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops
  • GTA IV
  • Skyrim
  • Modern Warfare 2
  • BioShock Infinite
  • Gears of War 3
  • EA SPORTS NHL 13
  • Halo: Reach
  • Madden NFL 13
  • Borderlands 2
  • Assassin’s Creed III
  • Forza Motorsport 4

#86 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

Those are disappointing numbers. I just finished it last night and it's the best game I've played in a long time. It's rare that you play a game that deserves to be played more than once.

It probably didn't meet sales expectations that's true, but honestly I think game sales have gone down in general. Even COD..

#87 Habtharab

Habtharab

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

I just brought one about 30 minutes ago from a different target in the Cleveland area so maybe it's a regional mistake perhaps

#88 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

Actually, if you look at Major Nelson's list of top games for the week, starting April 1, BioShock Infinite is #13 of 20. That not exactly screaming "hot seller" to me, unfortunately.

• Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  • Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  • EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  • Halo 4
  • NBA 2K13
  • Battlefield 3
  • Gears of War: Judgment
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops
  • GTA IV
  • Skyrim
  • Modern Warfare 2
  • BioShock Infinite
  • Gears of War 3
  • EA SPORTS NHL 13
  • Halo: Reach
  • Madden NFL 13
  • Borderlands 2
  • Assassin’s Creed III
  • Forza Motorsport 4

Doesn't that list just measure unique users? I don't know why you'd expect a game that came out two weeks ago to compete with games that have been out for significantly longer and have massive install bases (Halo, CODs, GTA, etc). For example, Terraria sold more than Minecraft last week, but it doesn't even sniff this list because so many people own and play Minecraft.

#89 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

Nope. I got the special edition of Operation Raccoon City the week after release for $35...and have seen things like the 3DS version of Angry Birds Trilogy in the clearance bin for like $15 two days after release. In almost all cases, they catch the error in a couple days and fix the prices.

Some of the past deals have been chain-wide, though, seemingly due to a pricing mistake from corporate. The ones over the last week or so seem to be YMMV.

#90 endustry

endustry

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

Went to my local target in Woodhaven MI, and couldn't find Bioshock on clearance, but to my surprise they had TOMBRAIDER on CLEARANCE!