• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

Technically not a real Irishman. He's Northern Irish

:rofl:
Posted Image

#272 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

Free 2CW iPPV tonight for anyone interested. It has a pretty good card.

http://www.livesport...stling &e=13638

#273 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:02 AM

I was just about to post a link to that show Matt.

Edit: That opening match was the shitty bad. Let's just say that both Colt Cabana and Slick Wagner Brown have both had better days.

And wow... that terrorists vs British guy match was AWFUL. Including the botched not shown at all fireball spot.

Edited by Demolition Man, 21 April 2013 - 12:34 AM.

New sig coming soon.

#274 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:20 AM

I haven't watched wrestling in like 6+ years, but I decided to turn on that free 2cw ppv. Holy crap, the spear that seemed like it missed the ladder.. lol.

#275 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

2CW has had some really bad camera work and overall production. I will admit that title match was pretty sick.

New sig coming soon.

#276 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

Better maybe?

Posted Image

Yes although in hindsight, I don't think WCW had any idea what they had on their hands with him. He was wasted in their hardcore division and midcard. His run near the top of WWE several years ago was really well done. I remember JBL selling him exquisitely.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#277 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

I will buy the hell out of Fire Pro Returns.

#278 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

Yes although in hindsight, I don't think WCW had any idea what they had on their hands with him. He was wasted in their hardcore division and midcard. His run near the top of WWE several years ago was really well done. I remember JBL selling him exquisitely.

Replace WCW with any other promotion, identify a solid European brawler that was misused, lather, rinse, repeat.

WWE never did much in front of the camera with Regal, despite knowing how useful he was behind the scenes (and also how incredibly quick and unique his wry sense of humor is). WWE with Cesaro currently; TNA with Magnus, WWF with Dynamite Kid, etc.

Hell, after awhile Finlay's "I'm Irish and I like to fight" thing fell by the wayside in favor of a Leprechaun and a fucking shillelagh. Sheamus may be a big Irish stereotype, but Finlay's WWE run was the beta test.

It almost seems that if you're European, big time wrestling won't know what to do with you. The fact that very, very, very few people (if any) would consider Doug Williams one of the finest technical wrestlers of the 00's is, to me, criminal (and I often forget how good he is in the ring, so I'm no exception).
Posted Image

#279 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Sheamus really should have had the leprechaun handler gimmick instead of Finley.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#280 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

I find myself constantly getting annoyed when I see Sheamus and Del Rio. It's not just because I find both of them to be pretty forgettable as faces. When either one of them comes on screen, it feels like WWE is constantly trying to reassert them as being Irish and Mexican respectively.

I think the audience is able to pick up on these things without it being constantly crammed down our throats. With Sheamus, he already has quite a few signature moves. So they naturally decide to have him start using the Texas Cloverleaf, not sure if he uses it anymore. If that move didn't have cloverleaf in its name, there is no way in hell they would have him use it. I'm not even going to get into how his promos cover every single cliche you think about when you think of a "typical Irishman".

It is kind of the same thing with Del Rio. They seemed to flip a switch when they turned him face. All of the sudden, His ring attire is the Mexican flag colors, along with the bucket, Ricardo's bow tie, etc. JBL seems to make an extra effort to include his family heritage during every single match. When he was a heel they would casually mention him being from Mexico. Now that he is a face, they try to shove it down people's throats as much as possible. The only thing that is missing is him wearing a new shirt that says in huge font "DID WE MENTION HE'S FROM MEXICO" (in white, green, and red of course).

Seriously WWE, how fucking unobservant do you think your audience is?

Unobservant? Are you also speaking for the Irish and Mexican audiences?

#281 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

:shock:

I grew up and lived in KY until 3 years ago. Not Louisville, though. Cincinnati-ish, right along the river.

/holding down the Louisville area on behalf of the wrestling thread regulars :D

Click spoiler to view my PSN/360 sig boxes.

Spoiler

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#282 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:07 AM

Saw this on The Rock's Facebook:

Saw my doctor who had to push my intestines back thru the tear in my lower abdomen.

Fun.

Surgery scheduled next week. Lets roll.. #BringItOn

Spoiler

Spoiler'd the pic since it's kind of big. I doubt he'll be coming back to WWE after this since it only jeopardizes his movie career.

#283 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:29 AM

Since you mentioned The Rock: Who will today's audience be nostalgic for and anticipate appearing every few years?

Perspective: The Rock's entire career spans eight years. John Cena has been in WWE for 11(!) years and has been doing the same old shit for seven years.

Good lord. What the Fuck.

#284 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:51 AM

Since you mentioned The Rock: Who will today's audience be nostalgic for and anticipate appearing every few years?

Perspective: The Rock's entire career spans eight years. John Cena has been in WWE for 11(!) years and has been doing the same old shit for seven years.

Good lord. What the Fuck.

Let's see..

Christian. We are nostalgic for him right now. Where is he and what is he doing? Don't try to tell me they really don't need him now because they do. Even with me not being a huge Christian fan, I do realize the guy is a damn good worker and can only boost the current product.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#285 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:18 AM

Yeah I was wondering where the hell he is since he should be cleared from his injuries by now.

#286 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

Rumors have it that Davey Richards has signed with the WWE.

New sig coming soon.

#287 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

Nice knowin' ya.

Glad you're getting a paycheck, too, I guess.

What will his WWE name be? I'm gonna guess Dominic Stark.
Posted Image

#288 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

Sami Callahan too.

#289 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

Now to be known as Francisco Farnsworth.
Posted Image

#290 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

I'm going go with the Daniel Bryan route: his name will be Dick Davidson.
Posted Image

#291 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

Too PG-13, Richard Davidson sounds more appropriate.

#292 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

Dunno what WWE will do with them, but I'm glad to see these guys get WWE paydays.

My guesses:

Davey Richards becomes "Richard West"

Sami Callihan becomes "John Samson"

Trying to think of more generic names within the realm of possibility, but I can't. I mean "Adrian Neville." How does that even happen?

#293 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

WWE may just keep their names. It really doesnt get much more generic than Davey Richards and Sami Callihan... I know WWE gets shat upon a lot for their random names, but very few indie names are any better.

#294 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

Rumors have it that Davey Richards has signed with the WWE.

His gimmick is being the living embodiment of the IWC. He'll come out week after week and cut promos about how he never gets a push, uses insider terminology, and casually namedrops Japanese wrestlers and promotions. Every episode of RAW he jobs to Cena, Sheamus, or Orton.

His ringname will be Mark Dir'She├ęt (the T is silent).

#295 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

Too PG-13, Richard Davidson sounds more appropriate.

Or Richie Davidson. They can bring back Deuce or Domino to be his tag partner, all just to use the one trick pony joke of "Ayyyyy, Richie".

#296 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

FPR is a PS2 classic so it's just a download of the PS2 version. Not sure if you're old save would be compatible or not though.

#297 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

Really good video.

#298 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

Just waiting for him to flick the toothpick at someone for fun. On the more serious note, nice to hear Scott Hall sounding happy to be alive and sober.

#299 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

From the spoilers on tonight's Raw from London, it sounds like the crowd was pretty lively. At one point, it says there was a
Spoiler
chant. :lol:

It actually doesn't sound like too bad of a show.

#300 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:45 AM

It feels like they'll be giving the Zig-Zag crew all the titles. AJ with the Divas belt and Big E. will end up beating Kofi for his. If they pull it off, it'll be a big rub for those guys.