The "WrestleMania Stinks" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JJSP']If rumors are to be believed, Rock is a no-show at Raw tonight. He's believed to have flown home immediately after the show last night despite being booked for a major angle to set up next year's Wrestlemania. [/quote]

This is interesting

As noted earlier, The Rock was scheduled to be confronted by Brock Lesnar on tonight's Raw episode, however The Rock is no where to be found.

Raw's original script was set to feature The Rock opening the show with a promo about losing the WWE title to John Cena. This promo would have led to Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman confronting Rock and laying him out, planting the seeds for a future pay-per-view bout between the two (rumored for WrestleMania 30).

With The Rock skipping out without notice, WWE had to re-write the show. A WWE source described the environment as "chaos backstage".

Paul Heyman got more screen time than about half, if not 2/3, of the roster. I like Paul Heyman but that's just fucked up. Entertainamania wasn't even all that entertaining. My favorite matches of the night was Undertaker/Punk and honestly the Shield one.

Here's the new plates for the belt:

lsQjb6W.jpg

So what will the plates be when Ziggles gets....well what if Barrett....I mean Daniel Bryan.....Oh fuck it I'm not even going to try.

Is it sad when I saw Christie last night I immediately started hearing "Feed. Me. More."

I was re-watching the Punk/Taker match and it looks like Punk really cracked that right leg hard on the table.

After being blasted online for "playing it safe" last night, this could all be one giant coverup to try to get big ratings tonight

So we are going WMAC Masters with the title belt now?

Last edited by a moderator:
That plate on the left looks awkward as hell.

So what will the plates be when Ziggles gets....well what if Barrett....I mean Daniel Bryan.....Oh fuck it I'm not even going to try.

Ziggler has a sort of logo, that DZ wordmark...but yeah I know what you're getting at and I have thought the same thing.

Which brings up a random question. Who do you see winning the WWE championship first, Ryback or Ziggler? As much as I hate to say it, and way he has been booked, it'll prolly be Ryback.

[quote name='Sonne']That plate on the left looks awkward as hell.[/QUOTE]

As a MST3K fan, all can say is "It Stinks."

[quote name='Sonne']That plate on the left looks awkward as hell.

Ziggler has a sort of logo, that DZ wordmark...but yeah I know what you're getting at and I have thought the same thing.

Which brings up a random question. Who do you see winning the WWE championship first, Ryback or Ziggler? As much as I hate to say it, and way he has been booked, it'll prolly be Ryback.[/QUOTE]

Hasnt Ryback lost at every PPV he's been in now?

jay_sherman_it_stinks.jpg

[quote name='Sonne']That plate on the left looks awkward as hell.
[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, it's the O'tay Panky belt.

Wrestling Observer says that the reason The Rock will not be at Raw tonight is due to an injury. The nature of the injury is not yet known, nor how severe it is.

This was by far the best comment I found on the situation:

Mr Flibble • 2 hours ago

This is how it should play out on Raw:

Cena: "Hi, Rocky. You look like you've got something to say. Do you?"
The Rock: "Yes, I certainly do! I have to go now. My planet needs me."

*A message appears on screen claiming that The Rock died on the way back to his home planet*

It cracks me up every time I read it.

[quote name='mykevermin']^ I'm not sure I follow, Scorch.[/QUOTE]

A lot of people are blasting WWE today for making the "safe" choice last night, they could've easily planted a fake story to the dirtsheets to generate interest in tonight's Raw ("Holy crap, he's not there, I have to see what they're going to do!")

[quote name='mtxbass1']Hasnt Ryback lost at every PPV he's been in now?[/QUOTE]

Probably. But I feel like the back has more planned for him than they do Ziggler.

I dunno, this is prolly just drivel from an admitted Ziggler mark. But everyone agrees that last night was the night to cash in. If it doesn't happen tonight, then what's the damn point....

And re: that Langston video, it's good to see that he can be funny as long as they actually you know...let him talk for once.

According to PWInsider, the news that Rock was injured is coming from a source close to the Rock and that no one spoken to backstage at Raw has heard it.

[quote name='Sonne']And re: that Langston video, it's good to see that he can be funny as long as they actually you know...let him talk for once.[/QUOTE]
I just love the reaction by AJ & Dolph. They both look like they want to crack jokes at the guys who gave it to him.
acqFWeWj.jpg
Of course he seems to not know what to do with it all initially. You have to believe the Wrestling/Bronies crossover has to be small.

Cena heel turn?

Guy already is a damn heel at this point.

And yeah, Langston ran with it, Ziggler and AJ were dying inside, that's why I love Ziggler and that group. Somehow it works.

[quote name='Sonne']Cena heel turn?

Guy already is a damn heel at this point.[/QUOTE]

His heel turn line had me rolling on Raw. They really don't like him.

RAW has been good so far, I think we can all agree. Hope they keep it up, they have a ways to go.

LOVING the crowd too...

Pretty sure they just live-edited the crowd during the Miz match due to the "you fucked up" chant. Haven't seen them do that since that ECW show that had the shit-on Batista/Big Show main event.

Every time the fucking announcers say that the crowd is "just having fun" with whatever good guy they are booing out of the building, I waat bad things to happen to them. Maybe not a heart attack, but laryngitis would be fine.

I LOVE the score from Rocky. Probably my favorite movie score ever.

But I have a feeling I'm going to be really sick of "Going The Distance" by the time this show is over.

Everything after that Cena segment has been good so far. Very happy to see Wade with the belt again.

How was the chatroom last night? Last time I went to one, there was more discussion about Wii U than there was wrestling.

Good thing they put the belt on a guy who wasn't around for most of his title reign and (if rumors are to be believed) didn't show up the night after dropping it/notify anyone of the situation when they had an angle planned for him.

That was one of the few times where they did a segment as good as it possibly could have been. Crowd was obviously so ready for it and they stretched it out just long enouugh before hitting Ziggler's music.

I'm not even a huge fan of Ziggler but that was pretty much perfect.

So...Shield jumps The Undertaker to send him away again? EDIT - Close but no cigar. Unless they get him later in the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KaneRobot']That was one of the few times where they did a segment as good as it possibly could have been. Crowd was obviously so ready for it and they stretched it out just long enouugh before hitting Ziggler's music.

I'm not even a huge fan of Ziggler but that was pretty much perfect.

So...Shield jumps The Undertaker to send him away again?[/QUOTE]

The way they kept hinting at it with that camera angle showing ADRs perspective of the ramp helped. I'm honestly shocked as hell he cashed in and won.

Maybe I'll go buy those Extreme Rules tickets now.

Laughed my ass off at the random RVD chant just now. You know backstage they are fucking flipping out because the crowd has gone from just booing the "wrong people" to not giving a shit about the matches.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Laughed my ass off at the random RVD chant just now. You know backstage they are fucking flipping out because the crowd has gone from just booing the "wrong people" to not giving a shit about the matches.[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but showing apathy towards two dudes WWE has consistently kept at the top of the card for *far* too long.

[quote name='Cage017']Best. Crowd. Ever.[/QUOTE]

Was thinking the same thing. Where are they tonight?

Jersey still.

First crowd wave I can remember since the Nitro I was at in 97(?) during a Norman Smiley match.

Have now gotten ECW, Randy Savage, HBK,and I swear I heard an NXT chant for a second.

If we manage to get a Papa Shango chant before show's end, I don't think I'll be able to take it.

Announcers using the "they're just having fun" excuse for EVERYTHING now. Hilarious.

So is it just that crowds the day after Mania are awesome? I remember a similar conversation last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back