523 replies to this topic

#391 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:04 AM

WTF is with this start to RAW tonight?

#392 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:24 AM

I know I usually am able to watch it up on dailymotion.

http://www.dailymoti...t?search_algo=2

Wow, Duthy even refers to it as the NXT Clash of the Champions. I like. Saw enough to catch his opening monologue. I'll have to bookmark it and watch it later. Thanks for the post.

#393 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

Thanks, mtx. That Cesaro-Adrian Neville match was really excellent to watch.
Posted Image

#394 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

WTF is with this start to RAW tonight?

That was some TNA 2010 booking right there.

#395 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:58 AM

http://withleather.u...o-photos#page/1

There are a ton of these kinds of "buzzfeed-esque" articles. The promo photos are gold, and the captions sometimes utterly brilliant.
Posted Image

#396 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:30 AM

http://withleather.u...o-photos#page/1

There are a ton of these kinds of "buzzfeed-esque" articles. The promo photos are gold, and the captions sometimes utterly brilliant.

The Mordecai one had me in tears and I don't even watch that crazy cartoon.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#397 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:04 AM

Thanks, mtx. That Cesaro-Adrian Neville match was really excellent to watch.

My favorite part of that NXT Clash of the Champions episode.

Spoiler

Dude is over with that crowd. Love his gimmick.

NXT should replace SmackDown as the B show and- Uh- Superstars? Main Event? That other show as the C show. Crazy that NXT is their D/E/F show, especially when they're trying to build up names.

#398 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

I can see not wanting to promote NXT - they want to use the program to build guys, and promoting it could expose guys too soon, or in the wrong gimmick, etc. It gives them (as a hypothetical, because it's not likely to happen) the opportunity to reintroduce El Generico in that gimmick in WWE but still have him wrestle as (uh, whatever his gimmick is) currently.

For instance, WWE brought back Rey Mysterio in his mask, but when I saw him a few times in HWA right after he signed with WWE, he worked without a mask.

They're in a bit of a bind for sure. It also doesn't make sense to use this show to build guys when they have plenty of time to do so on their 7 or so other hours of weekly programming, yet fail to do so.

I wish they had a more robust product, but moving this one up the food chain isn't the answer to their problems.
Posted Image

#399 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:48 AM

Good points. :)

Totally forgot that NXT is/was FCW, their developmental territory.

Still wish they'd make it easier to access. I think most of us here have an interest to see what happens to Hero, Black, and Generico and want to support them somehow.

#400 JaytheGamefan

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:33 AM

Raw was quite a hit or miss show, but featured some damn fine action on it at points.

Full thoughts -
Spoiler

Screens -

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.imagebam....vf8g9dzwzywejyf

#401 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:06 AM

Pac vs. Cesaro on NXT was fantastic.

And not to harp on you like others, Jay, but what's with the screens you choose to show? Do we really need to see a screenshot of Matt Striker waiting to interview someone? Or a deceiving screenshot that would imply Lesnar was actually at the show?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#402 BigPopov

BigPopov

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

I miss Fandango's old dancer. She always had a scowling look to other wrestlers that I think was perfect for a heel valet. Probably just a short term deal to teach him how to dance.

#403 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

I thought it was a different one each week? Shows how much I pay attention.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#404 foltest121

foltest121

Demo Team!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

At least they used a real wrestler as the dancer, could easily form an angle at some point, rather than someone that wouldn't work well. Also from NXT i could see Summer Rae handling the heel role with Fandango.

#405 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:07 AM

Watched the last few eps of NXT. Good shit, especially the last one with the champ matches. Enough to the point where I'm considering driving up to Orlando to catch it sometime. May be worth it to see Ambrose/Rollins work a match.

#406 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:13 AM

Wow. Dean Ambrose gets to main event Smackdown for the second week in a row.

#407 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:30 AM

WWE 13 is $29.99 at Target through Saturday.

#408 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:44 AM

Tempted to buy WWE 13 for a third time. Hmmm....

#409 bhk

bhk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

WWE 13 is $29.99 at Target through Saturday.

Thanks for the heads up. Will pick up a copy.

#410 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

I like to occasionally go back and watch this. Still one of my favorite pieces WWE has produced, along with Macho Man's tribute video, which went far and above anything I expected from the company, given their history with Savage.

and Savage's tribute video

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#411 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

The Lonely Road of Faith Desire montage is without a doubt my favorite video package that WWE has ever created. Amazing what happens when they not only acknowledge but embrace their past.
Posted Image

#412 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

Scott Hall revealed that he has dropped 30 pounds in nine weeks. Here is what he wrote on Twitter:

“Lost 30 in 9 weeks. From 298 lbs to 268 lbs with limited exercise. Can’t wait to train hard with Dally…”

#413 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

Good to hear he's making progress...need to get back on the DDP Yoga routine as soon as I'm done with school next week.

#414 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

He's 19 pounds below his WWF-era weight. So he's probably about 11 pounds heavier than he was in WWF.

Good on him either way.
Posted Image

#415 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:59 AM

The Lonely Road of Faith Desire montage is without a doubt my favorite video package that WWE has ever created. Amazing what happens when they not only acknowledge but embrace their past.

I like the video, I really can't stand the music though.

Speaking of brilliant montages though...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1QOsW2o7LA

Edited by Trakan, 02 May 2013 - 01:34 AM.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#416 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:25 AM

You broke the thread.

#417 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:50 AM

Scott Hall revealed that he has dropped 30 pounds in nine weeks. Here is what he wrote on Twitter:

“Lost 30 in 9 weeks. From 298 lbs to 268 lbs with limited exercise. Can’t wait to train hard with Dally…”

Feel-good story of the year. DDP is working some magic to change the lives of Jake Roberts and Scott Hall. Something many people have undoubtedly tried before and failed. Incredible.

#418 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

Picked up Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for PS2 for $5 at GameStop last night. Can't wait to give it a go. I haven't used my PS2 in years.

#419 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

Cesaro looking good without the yodeling.

Smackdown Preview:

Ryback vs. Daniel Bryan is supposed to be Ryback's best match and a good match in general.

#420 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

I miss Fandango's old dancer. She always had a scowling look to other wrestlers that I think was perfect for a heel valet. Probably just a short term deal to teach him how to dance.

Spoiler