The "WrestleMania Stinks" Wrestling Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
523 replies to this topic

#421 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

Picked up Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for PS2 for $5 at GameStop last night. Can't wait to give it a go. I haven't used my PS2 in years.

Best $5 you'll spend all year.

Here's a renaming guide for the roster: http://www.gamefaqs....urns/faqs/38973
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#422 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

I like the video, I really can't stand the music though.

Speaking of brilliant montages though...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1QOsW2o7LA

/thread

There goes an hour or so into CZW videos.

So, I didn't know Ambrose was in CZW.

If you have the time, watch this video. I'm starting to look into the Ambrose bandwagon.

#423 Chase

Chase

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:08 AM

Spoiler

It would be amazing if they made Fandango a serial killer.

Vignettes would be him teaching dance, wooing women, and taking them out on dates. A month later, Cole reads a report about one of Fandango's dancers being found dead.
Spoiler

I have spent way too much of my time posting, editing, posting, and re-editing this Fandango "fanfic." As a grown ass man, I am ashamed. Excuse me.

(I would totally watch this, tho.)

Edited by Chase, 03 May 2013 - 12:27 AM.
I have spent way too much time editing this nonsense.

#424 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

It would be amazing if they made Fandango a serial killer.

Vignettes would be him teaching dance, wooing women, and taking them out on dates. A month later, Cole reads a report about one of Fandango's dancers being found dead.

Spoiler

I have spent way too much of my time posting, editing, posting, and re-editing this Fandango "fanfic." As a grown ass man, I am ashamed. Excuse me.

(I would totally watch this, tho.)

Is uh...

Is there something you want to tell us, man?

#425 Chase

Chase

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:36 AM

Is uh...

Is there something you want to tell us, man?

Spoiler

#426 bhk

bhk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:54 AM

Does this mean we now get the Fandango Fanfiction wrestling thread?

#427 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:14 AM

You broke the thread.

Necro Butcher's awesomeness did.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#428 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:42 AM

Does this mean we now get the Fandango Fanfiction wrestling thread?

That's Faaaaaaaaannnn Daaaaaaaaaaannnnn Gooooooooooo Faaaaaaaaannnnn Fiiiiiiiiiiic-tiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooonnnnn.

#429 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:47 AM

That's Faaaaaaaaannnn Daaaaaaaaaaannnnn Gooooooooooo Faaaaaaaaannnnn Fiiiiiiiiiiic-tiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooonnnnn.

No, no. You have to BREATHE the As...

#430 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:04 AM

I'm enjoying this.

#431 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:11 AM

All Fandango Fan Fiction ends with this...

Spoiler

#432 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

I don't understand the context, but I'm sure it's equally absurd even if I did.
Posted Image

#433 Dr. Venkman

Dr. Venkman

Body Piercer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:07 AM

Reminds me of American Psycho for some reason.
I'm not yellow. I'm gold.

#434 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

All Fandango Fan Fiction ends with this...

Spoiler

What the actual Fuck.

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#435 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

Smackdown Overview:

Bryan/Ryback: It's a PPV quality match up on free TV. Daniel Bryan helped make Ryback legit as Ryback actually sold quite a bit. Definitely worth checking out. Then you can stop watching.

#436 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

Thanks, Zen Davis.
Posted Image

#437 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

Couple of ZD questions I have been pondering lately:

Any chance we ever get to see that screenplay you wrote about the guy killing people going up the staircase?

Oh and do you still fill your backpack with rocks?

Posted Image

#438 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

Remember when Zen Davis posted some of that stupid fucking story here on CAG and it was just so. fucking. terrible?

#439 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

Best $5 you'll spend all year.

Here's a renaming guide for the roster: http://www.gamefaqs....urns/faqs/38973

Thanks. I played the game for a little bit with a buddy last night, seemed pretty legit. Also seems like there is actually a bit of a learning curve to the game (as to how to do certain moves, etc) ... obviously the game came disc only, but was in pristine condition, surprisingly.

I might look into buying an Action Replay Max as well so I can download different theme packs and wrestler packs. Setting up a Monday Night Wars-era WCW Nitro/Clash of the Champions ring (with wrasslers to boot) gets me a little pumped to try out.

The last non-WCW or WWF/E branded wrestling game I have played was Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 -- and that was at least 10 years ago.

#440 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

Nah, the game really does really work for you, but only if you get the timing down.

If you're a button masher (and I am), don't read instructions (I don't), and tried to import it years ago (I found a copy of Six Man Scramble for Saturn at a game store in the late 90's), and didn't know Japanese (I didn't at the time), it was fucking MERCILESS.

I couldn't figure out why people liked it. But if you get the timing down to the extent that you can play back and forth on higher difficulties, it's crazy satisfying. I wonder if I still have a disc copy somewhere. I know I still have my King of Colosseum discs packed up somewhere.
Posted Image

#441 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

Haha, yeah... I saw a reviewer said not to mash buttons, and I'm a button masher, so it's a hard habit to break. Got my ass whipped in my first match. Then tried battle royal and was the second person suplexed out of the ring. Hilarious.

#442 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

Haha, yeah... I saw a reviewer said not to mash buttons, and I'm a button masher, so it's a hard habit to break. Got my ass whipped in my first match. Then tried battle royal and was the second person suplexed out of the ring. Hilarious.

What you want to do is start off at the easiest level and practice timing grapples and slowly increasing the difficulty once you get the hang of it. You also want to do the same with strikes as getting the distance and timing down requires some practice as well.

#443 Chase

Chase

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

I don't understand the context—and I wrote it. ;)

-

This week I've been going through one of my puro phases. Kept this channel open on one of my other monitors while I did some work.

http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

When I was a kid, one Halloween I went as The Big Boss Man. Watched him in WWE then WCW then back in WWE. He never got enough love for his work. And aside from Muta, who is like a kindred spirit, I was a big fan of Misawa. There's a six man tag match in the uploads with Misawa, Boss Man, and others you'll surely recognize. I watched that first.

#444 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:25 PM

It took awhile for me to unlearn mashing buttons during a grapple when I first started FPR, but after a few days it became second nature and the game became much more fun.

In other news, Maffew is off of hiatus and posted Botchamania 230 and 231:

http://botchamania.c...amania-230-231/

#445 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

I finished the documentary part of the new Foley video. I'm biased but it was pretty great. Nothing I didn't already know, and they unsurprisingly skipped over his trip to TNA to win the title but he's a really incredible storyteller. In this case it happens to be an abbreviated story of his whole career.

My biggest gripe is that no one has been able to put his best deathmatch against Terry Funk onto a video, ever from what I can tell. It was in Guma, Japan if I remember correctly from his books. I'd still love to see that match.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#446 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

I finished the documentary part of the new Foley video. I'm biased but it was pretty great. Nothing I didn't already know, and they unsurprisingly skipped over his trip to TNA to win the title but he's a really incredible storyteller. In this case it happens to be an abbreviated story of his whole career.

My biggest gripe is that no one has been able to put his best deathmatch against Terry Funk onto a video, ever from what I can tell. It was in Guma, Japan if I remember correctly from his books. I'd still love to see that match.

I -think- it's on ICP's Stranglemania video. Despite it being ICP, it's not a terrible video aside from commentary (which is almost a MST3K type thing) and probably cheap to track down.

#447 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

Stranglemania was hilarious to watch waay back in the VHS/pre-youtube days. I hated ICP, but thought the first video was a hoot.
Posted Image

#448 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

It took awhile for me to unlearn mashing buttons during a grapple when I first started FPR, but after a few days it became second nature and the game became much more fun.

In other news, Maffew is off of hiatus and posted Botchamania 230 and 231:

http://botchamania.c...amania-230-231/

On BM 231: The suicide dive at 6:30 in .. wow. I've never laughed so hard at something like that in my life.

... except Taka Michinoku's elimination at Royal Rumble 2000.

#449 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

I -think- it's on ICP's Stranglemania video. Despite it being ICP, it's not a terrible video aside from commentary (which is almost a MST3K type thing) and probably cheap to track down.

I know which match you're talking about but the King of the Deathmatch finals (the Funk/Cactus match on Stranglemania) and the Guma Deathmatch are different matches. I'm not even sure that the Guma one was videotaped at the time.

But yeah, Stranglemania is pretty funny.

#450 shane7951

shane7951

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:14 AM

I know which match you're talking about but the King of the Deathmatch finals (the Funk/Cactus match on Stranglemania) and the Guma Deathmatch are different matches. I'm not even sure that the Guma one was videotaped at the time.

But yeah, Stranglemania is pretty funny.

As soon as I read the word "Stranglemania" I can hear the commentators going "Drunk Terry Flunk and Cactus Sack!"