The "WrestleMania Stinks" Wrestling Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
523 replies to this topic

#211 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

2.) His face. He does not look menacing. His teeth are awful. His ears are large and stick way out. He looks like a giant angry lemur.

https://encrypted-tb...h9aaJJ8Mxv3CplC
Posted Image

#212 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:23 AM

I don't know if anyone ever watches NXT (I normally don't, but I fell asleep on the couch and it came up on Hulu), but I really enjoyed the William Regal match from 4/10/13. Then again I always liked Regal so maybe I'm a bit biased.
Posted Image

#213 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:46 AM

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTP0eiW0HFUeeD6eqMBMNEVVyK_hE6p-dQSFh9aaJJ8Mxv3CplC

:rofl:

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#214 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:53 AM

Got a little time to kill and want to laugh at some absurdity from the early 90s of wrestling... then you'll enjoy this Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/ObserverQuotes

New sig coming soon.

#215 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

Spoiler regarding Smackdown:

Spoiler

EDIT: And here is the scene in question:

#216 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

is there even a reason to watch smack down anymore? Seems like its just a bunch of recap segments of what happened on RAW with a few terrible matches sprinkled in and a mediocre main event then a reminder to tune in on Monday. Its no longer like back when it started where story lines continually developed on RAW and Smackdown

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#217 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

I have not watched Smackdown since maybe 2005... Why is it even on anymore?
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#218 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

truth.

also: Fuck this company.

Fixed that up a little for ya.

#219 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

is there even a reason to watch smack down anymore? Seems like its just a bunch of recap segments of what happened on RAW with a few terrible matches sprinkled in and a mediocre main event then a reminder to tune in on Monday. Its no longer like back when it started where story lines continually developed on RAW and Smackdown

It's so hit or miss. Two weeks ago it was amazing. The past week was solid. They ended up having 3 of the exact same matches on RAW though, which was really stupid. I literally couldn't tell if I was watching Smackdown again, or RAW on Monday night (at least for the first half).

I'm no longer going to attend Extreme Rules here locally. I just can't justify the cost given that The Rock and CM Punk won't be there. I noticed on the local promo last week for ER that Punk wasn't mentioned. 30 minutes later he walks off RAW. Coincidence? Probably not...

#220 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

Lately, the only times I watch Smackdown is when they air live on Tuesdays on Syfy. And they still sucked. Why watch a rerun live?

Where was Jericho during last night's Raw?

The crowd woke up some during Fandango and Team Hell No's segments but yeah, they overall sucked on Monday. Ziggler's first walkout as champion resulted in no reaction whatsoever.

I take it they turned Ryback heel so he could face a returning Goldberg later in the year to hype his new DVD/Blu Ray/puppy calendar. :sigh: Looks like I'm going back to skipping Raw for a year and watching only Smackdown when this happens.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#221 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

Let's all start watching and commenting more on ROH/PWG/TNA, then.

It's about time to use my consumer attention span a bit better. Ziggler as champ is well and good, but Cesaro as a jobbing yodeler is enough for me to stay away from the product for a bit. Call me up when he's no longer yodeling, or at least putting on a good match here and there (his match with Kofi *was* really good, but Kofi has been so buried the past few months it hardly matters a lick).
Posted Image

#222 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

I have not watched Smackdown since maybe 2005... Why is it even on anymore?

To show clips from Raw, duh.

#223 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

Two matches have been confirmed for the War Games DVD:

* Ultimate Jeopardy Steel Cage Match from ECW CyberSlam 1999: The Dudleys and Mustafa vs. New Jack, Axl Rotten and Balls Mahoney
* War Games from WCW Fall Brawl 1997: Kevin Nash, Sean Waltman, Konnan and Buff Bagwell vs. Ric Flair, Chris Benoit, Curt Hennig and Steve “Mongo” McMichael

It's a little surprising they're putting a Benoit match on there. I wonder how cut up it will be.

Also, all of Ryback's tweets were deleted after he posted this one: “Watching the pain on Cena’s face was worth standing back for. Funny the 2 things he says I lack his ex wife seems to love. #RybackRules”

#224 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

It's about time to use my consumer attention span a bit better. Ziggler as champ is well and good, but Cesaro as a jobbing yodeler is enough for me to stay away from the product for a bit. Call me up when he's no longer yodeling, or at least putting on a good match here and there (his match with Kofi *was* really good, but Kofi has been so buried the past few months it hardly matters a lick).

How the WWE booking has worked out for the past two or so years has shifted from the days of having "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Vince McMahon appearing all over the show. The company has seemed to fallen into a one segment (two at the most) per wrestler per show habit. Even Cena, who is the go-to guy for the company rarely makes it onto television more than once. Lesnar, for as much as he is paid per appearance, you'd think they want to use his dates more fully but even that doesn't happen.

The days of a show being built around a wrestler are over. The wrestlers are now built around the show now. This approach I think is one of the biggest reasons I've found it difficult in invested in any superstars, including CM Punk over his past "historic" title run. The company is spreading their superstars out too thin and not using enough television time to really build their wrestlers like Cesaro or Kofi up. In terms of sheer title wins, Kofi Kingston is among the most decorated guys on the entire roster. 4 Intercontinental Reigns, 3 US Reigns, 1 World Tag Team Title Reign (with CM Punk), and 2 WWE Tag Team Title runs. But does it feel like that? No way!

It feels like ever after Jeff Hardy got built up and bailed on the company in 2009, the WWE has been gun shy about building anyone new up. The only TWO guys that seemed to have gotten the rub from 2009 to 2012 are Sheamus and to a lesser degree, Alberto Del Rio. Apart from those two guys, if you go look through all the PPVs for the last two years, no one has pushed as hard, or protected as much, as those two guys. Even Punk was curtain jerking for John Cena. Now with it looking like the old guard is just about all but dead, we've got The Shield, Antonio Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, Fandango, Ryback, and Big E. Langston all getting one segment per episode of Raw to get over.

#225 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

I've actually started doing just this. RoH gets picked up late on Saturday nights out here. I don't know who anyone is, but it's not a bad show.

I always forget TNA is on. Guess I should set a reminder.

#226 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

They really missed an opportunity to have Wade Barrett and Antonio Cesaro, two non-US citizens with US titles, interact with each other. They could have formed a team or one of them could have turned face and start a feud.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#227 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

To show clips from Raw, duh.

I thought that was why Raw went to 3 hours. So they could replay everything from last week. Damn, i really am out of the loop on this shit.....
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#228 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

I definitely want to start watching more TNA just keep forgetting to catch it on TV but do watch a lot on youtube.

A big problem with the WWE is it seems like somewhere along the line when the WWE went PG they decided only good guys (faces) could succeed and the bad guys (heels) had to fail and look weak. Just look at CM Punk when he started his title reign he was a face and would always win and looked good then he turned heel and was made to look weak though he was still champion he barely defended his title with help from Maddox and the Shield and then lost twice to Rock and then to the Undertaker with a loss to Cena thrown in for good measure. Also look at guys like Cesaro and Barett, while they are champions they are also heels so they have to lose and made to look weak. Only heels that look strong now are the Shield and who knows how long that will last

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#229 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:20 AM

Being there, doing that.

I've been interested in catching some PWG but it's usually cost-prohibitve. I also wouldn't mind checking out some Dragon Gate USA.

ROH Border Wars will have Richards/Marufuji so that will definitely be a highlight.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-The Office season 8
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#230 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:16 AM

ROH Border Wars will have Richards/Marufuji so that will definitely be a highlight.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but.... Naomichi Marufuji has been pulled from the show due to injury (ligament damage in his right knee). ROH will announce who Davey Richards (and Michael Elgin at the TV taping the next day) will be facing in the near future.

Edit: New "Inside Ring Of Honor" video... now hyping a match that isn't happening.

New sig coming soon.

#231 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

Regarding what everyone's discussing: I forget that WWE has more than one show. And, the next show that comes to mind is NXT. They need to put that stuff online somewhere. I see bits and pieces every other month, and I'm interested.

I support this.

The current will always be WWE because that's what a lot of people know/have fond memories of/etc. From my experience here, there has always been a strong flow of TNA, ROH, and smaller promotions, but I think it's become a stronger push in the last year or so.

I'm waiting for my PWG stuff to ship/arrive, so I'm outta PWG things to talk about. ;) I bitched about ROH's production and commentary issues, but I generally enjoy their product, and try to comment on it every week. TNA has earned my praise for some time now. It'll be interesting to see how they conclude this chapter of the Aces and Eights angle. Hopefully they learned their mistakes from the mishandling of the nWo angle. Dunno how I'd wrap it up, tho.

A big problem with the WWE is it seems like somewhere along the line when the WWE went PG they decided only good guys (faces) could succeed and the bad guys (heels) had to fail and look weak.

I have said this before but I'll say it again. WWE forgot how the face and heel dynamic works. I think some blame goes to their creative team. They need more people who know wrasslin. I think I read that WWE changed it up recently, and having Triple H assume some responsibility back there is for the better.

And who would really want to rock the boat when it's the only boat in the water?

#232 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

Number of Appearances on Raw (not including recaps):

Spoiler

#233 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

Chase, I think NXT is on Hulu Plus someone said.

Is there a reason why Mickie James is all over the WWE YT feed this morning? Is her TNA contract up?

#234 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

All WWE shows are on Hulu Plus. NXT, Main Event, and maybe even Saturday Morning Slam? I haven't bothered looking for SMS.

#235 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

Is there a reason why Mickie James is all over the WWE YT feed this morning? Is her TNA contract up?

I think it's due to her just getting added to their Alumni section of their site.

#236 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

#237 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:29 AM

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTP0eiW0HFUeeD6eqMBMNEVVyK_hE6p-dQSFh9aaJJ8Mxv3CplC

I still know that entire promo by heart.

#238 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:49 AM

This is wahrrrrr.

Weee arrrrrr generals!

;)
Posted Image

#239 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:31 AM

I just finished watching the next few weeks of ROH TV thanks to ROH offering them on their site for $1.99 an episode. The 5/4 episode that will air on TV the weekend of the next iPPV is well worth watching as it has two fucking fantastic matches on the show. Michael Elgin vs "Machine Gun" Karl Anderson followed up with Davey Richards vs Kyle O'Reilly.

New sig coming soon.

#240 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:34 AM

I LIKE HIS AUTOGRAPH! IT IS A NICE PICTURE! HE....IS....NIIIIIIIIIIICE!

Posted Image