Resident Evil 6 (PS3 and 360) $14.99 at Gamefly with Free Shipping

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#31 Earthbound_X

Earthbound_X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

I had a $5 Gamefly coupon so I got it shipped for $10.69. I know it is not considered a great game, but if it is even remotely fun it will be worth that price. If it were not so long to complete and likely much more fun in co-op, I would have just rented it.

Some people really love it, and do consider it a great game though, it's the most polarizing game in the series.

I also used that coupon, but it was 9.29, though I get 10% off for being a member.

I think I'll enjoy it, based on the demo, which I thought was fun.

#32 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

Hoping this means a new sale soon with more games....
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#33 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

Don't. Just don't. There has to be some games back cataloged that you still need to play. Playing RE6 is like hitting rock bottom, makes you wonder what the point of even playing games in the first place is.

It was a 8 hour waste of my life and I feel I owe it to others to warn them of this game before they spend any money on it.

Jesus christ man, its not that bad of a game. seriously.

People REALLY over-hate this game that it just becomes nonsense, and hate for the sake of hate. Its a decent game and much better story wise than RE5. Give it a little bit of time to get used to the controls and its pretty good. My favorite resident evil since 4 (including the spin offs) and it brings back the traditional RE elements that RE5 pretty much scrapped.

I still like RE5 though for what it is. I feel 6 delivered a better experience. maybe crappier graphics and worse animations, but overall more fun. A lot more fun. it is a steal at 15 bucks. At least try it before convincing yourself it isn't worth a shot.
Posted Image

#34 gr8asianman

gr8asianman

◕‿‿◕

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:58 AM

I was looking for a good deal on this. Thanks op.

fs_overall.png

sig.gif

#35 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:33 AM

What's pretty sad is that people went to attack this game even before it came out once they noticed the full game wouldn't be like Leon's campaign. Honestly, I would advise anyone who is curious about the game to give it a try. If you haven't played RE6 yet, then you owe it to yourself to at least give it a shot. Try the demo if you want, but if you enjoyed RE 4/5 then you would probably like this one too.

I agree with TPerry that this one is much more refined than RE5 ever was, sure you can no longer swap weapons, but atleast I can rely on the AI a little bit more than what I could on RE5.

The only issue I had at first with the game was that the camera felt too close, but it's something I easily got used to after a day of playing it. Mercs on RE6 is quite possibly the best iteration of the mode in any RE game.

You will definitely not beat the game in one sitting as it's pretty lengthy, and I'm glad it is because I really enjoyed it, especially in coop.

#36 kcobra22

kcobra22

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:36 AM

The only issue I had at first with the game was that the camera felt too close, but it's something I easily got used to after a day of playing it.

Did you play it recently or when it came out? There was a patch that added in a way to change the camera.

#37 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:40 AM

Did you play it recently or when it came out? There was a patch that added in a way to change the camera.

Really? Awesome didn't realize that, I need to get the game again. I played it on release, but traded it in once I platted the game. Looks like they've added tons of new content since I stopped playing, along with new gameplay modes.

#38 captpluto9465

captpluto9465

CAGalicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

I've been using 15/15/15 on the camera settings so far and it's been good.

http://game.capcom.c...en/page-83.html

#39 Mad dog

Mad dog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:20 AM

It's a pretty good game I think from the demo. I'm waiting for a gold edition though.

Posted Image

#40 mightyduck

mightyduck

You're killin' me Smalls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:14 AM

I've always been an RE fan, mainly of the original trilogy back on the ps1. I enjoyed 5 as well, but can't decide it 6 is worth giving a shot. Initially I was planning on waiting for Revelations to hit consoles this spring because I heard it players similar to the older games. Anybody else in the same boat?

#41 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:40 AM

I've always been an RE fan, mainly of the original trilogy back on the ps1. I enjoyed 5 as well, but can't decide it 6 is worth giving a shot. Initially I was planning on waiting for Revelations to hit consoles this spring because I heard it players similar to the older games. Anybody else in the same boat?

It depends how much you really want to play it, I found it fun because I played it straight on Professional to have an actual sense of dread when playing the game, especially on Leon's campaign.

I gave up on RE when it comes to getting my 'scare' fix. This gen really lacked any true survival horror games, even Dead Space which felt like a great contender finally went down the crapper with DS3. So really for me RE6 was just about seeing what they would do with the storyline, because after that whole
Spoiler
crap we got in RE5, I thought the game would be getting a reboot.

Storywise, it's not much better, but it's a step up. Especially Chris's campaign, but what definitely improved are the controls which to me felt the best from any of the previous RE games. Maybe a bit too 'stylish' now, Capcom is trying too hard to make every character feel badass. They are no longer just survivors in these games, instead it looks like they've gone to MMA/Wrestling school.

It's a fun game, but knowing Capcom you can bet they'll make a GOTY sooner or later with all the DLC. I'm mainly looking forward to Revelations since I missed out on it on the 3DS and we'll finally get a game that takes you back to the roots. (Or at least from what I've seen, I hope so.)

I know Capcom can still pull off the horror atmosphere with their games, when the DLC: "Lost in Nightmare" came out for RE5, it brought back a sense of nostalgia from the old games. So even though I hate what Capcom has become, they still know how to do it. Revelation proves that.

tl;dr

Wait for the GOTY for this game as it's pretty similar to RE 5 when it comes to 'scares' (that means none) and get Revelations if you are waiting for a true old school PS1/GC era Resident Evil.

#42 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:56 AM

Cool, I like the sound of that, I'll keep RE6 on mind. From the look of it, there will be a gold edition for RE6 as well.

Probably not. I'd be surprised if they made a GOTY edition for only a few mercenaries maps and a few competitive modes.

If there were some single player DLC then it would seem more likely to happen.

It's a very average game at best. If you don't have to buy it right away, don't.

Couldn't disagree more. As far as third person action games go this is absolutely above average.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#43 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

I would avoid this game like the los lagos plague if you have any love for the RE franchise as it was. Hell, avoid it if you love playing games because this dumpster of diarrhea doesn't even qualify as a game. I wish I could unsee the two hours I managed before purging it from my PS3.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#44 Kaijuboy

Kaijuboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

I dont know if Capcom will actually make a GotY/Gold version of this. There has been very little dlc and a mediocre reception. And Capcom never released a "complete" game for SFxTekken, even thought that had a TON of dlc (all on disc of course).

And even then, there has been NO single player dlc (unlike RE5), so I dont know if it would worth holding out for it, especially as any GotY/Gold version would likely retail at $39.99 at first.

Saving the World, One Game at a Time!

#45 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

I'm a bit weary of buying and playing this after all the mixed reviews. I just finished up Revelations as well so I kind of don't want to be let down by 6.

As for Revelations it felt a bit like a mix of old RE and new RE in a good way. There were actually a handful of tense\scary moments and I ended up loving the game. I think I'm even actually considering replaying it once it comes to consoles which is something I rarely do. Wish they would make a Vita version!

jkam2.png

Quitter (My Band)    -    Trade List    -    Join Bing Rewards

#46 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

Tempted to get it since I'm playing RE5 Gold at the moment (free for PS+ members). RE5 kind of grow on you, the co-op mode is very good. I like how the screens are positioned on local co-op mode too, it's not a traditional split screen.

Question, is RE6 anything like RE5? Not talking about story, but co-op and inventory/unlockables etc.

Is RE5 free now? I don't remember that being offered for PS+.

one thing I hated was the split screen views. The viewable screen loses a lot already so I don't agree with adding black borders to make them even smaller.

#47 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Yeah, the Gold Edition was (in November) free on Plus. I have it.

jkam2.png

#48 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

I'm a bit weary of buying and playing this after all the mixed reviews. I just finished up Revelations as well so I kind of don't want to be let down by 6.

As for Revelations it felt a bit like a mix of old RE and new RE in a good way. There were actually a handful of tense\scary moments and I ended up loving the game. I think I'm even actually considering replaying it once it comes to consoles which is something I rarely do. Wish they would make a Vita version!

Buy it.

People whine that RE6 is different from the old Resident Evil games. That happened 7 years ago, I don't know why people are suddenly complaining now. RE6 makes a lot of logical changes to the gameplay.

This generation is just full of a lot of whiny gamers with self entitlement issues.

#49 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

It's a cool action game, but if you're expecting to buy this and get the fun resident evil experience you will be more than disappointed. This game will make you lose all hope for the franchise.

#50 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

Buy it.

People whine that RE6 is different from the old Resident Evil games. That happened 7 years ago, I don't know why people are suddenly complaining now. RE6 makes a lot of logical changes to the gameplay.

This generation is just full of a lot of whiny gamers with self entitlement issues.

It's a cool action game, but if you're expecting to buy this and get the fun resident evil experience you will be more than disappointed. This game will make you lose all hope for the franchise.

Lol, I'll give it a shot. I like both styles but honestly Revelations is probably what they should do moving forward. It combines both styles for the better.

jkam2.png

#51 Francision

Francision

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

Ended up buying it. I liked the game when I rented it last year. Been a fan of RE since the beginning and it wasn't that bad. Pretty cheesy story but still, it's fun especially the co-op.
Posted Image

#52 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

Lol, I'll give it a shot. I like both styles but honestly Revelations is probably what they should do moving forward. It combines both styles for the better.

My problem with them going the Revelations route is the amount of game you get.

RE6 has four campaigns, each one at least as long as RE5, plus Mercenaries. Kept me playing the game for 70+ hours.

Revelations and all the other RE games are over and done with a lot quicker.

This type of post is exactly what I was referring to when I said people say it's not a RE game. RE4 and 5 are but somehow RE6 is so radically different it isn't. Makes no sense to me.

#53 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

No kidding--it took me 30 hours to beat everyone's campaign on Veteran the first time through. @_@

Trying to get through the campaign solo on veteran my first time was a big turn off. Gonna do co-op on normal to level up next time I get the game.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#54 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

RE6 has four campaigns, each one at least as long as RE5, plus Mercenaries. Kept me playing the game for 70+ hours.

I don't know I'm thinking if Revelations was a console title they could make it bigger and more epic, with more campaigns which it sort of was in it's own way anyway. 70 hours might be a stretch though. I'd be down for a Revelations 2 on PS4 or NextBox.

jkam2.png

#55 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

This type of post is exactly what I was referring to when I said people say it's not a RE game. RE4 and 5 are but somehow RE6 is so radically different it isn't. Makes no sense to me.

It's less about the game length and more about the actual amount of Resident Evil. I don't think many people really considered 5 a RE game either, especially with all the boulder punching action we got ;)

#56 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Heh. So wanting a good game is what passes for entitlement these days? Criticism of a mediocre game is now whining?

#57 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

I don't know I'm thinking if Revelations was a console title they could make it bigger and more epic, with more campaigns which it sort of was in it's own way anyway. 70 hours might be a stretch though. I'd be down for a Revelations 2 on PS4 or NextBox.

I'd be okay with that, but I love how much content we got with RE6. I enjoyed all four campaigns and Mercenaries is the best version of it IMO. The gameplay changes make it infinitely better to me.

It's less about the game length and more about the actual amount of Resident Evil. I don't think many people really considered 5 a RE game either, especially with all the boulder punching action we got ;)

I guess it depends on what you think Resident Evil is. If what you want is tank controls and dated combat then sure I guess. Old style Resident Evil needed a gameplay update. That seemed to be the opinion for a lot of people after RE0 came out and that's what we got with RE4.

Resident Evil 6 is absolutely a Resident Evil game to me though. I don't see how it isn't and 4 and 5 are.

Heh. So wanting a good game is what passes for entitlement these days? Criticism of a mediocre game is now whining?

When the criticisms of it are the equivalent of throwing a temper tantrum because it's different, yes, I consider that whining.

Recent example of whiny self entitled gamers is EA being voted the worst company. Started with people whining about the ME3 ending last year and just continued on this year.

#58 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

I guess it depends on what you think Resident Evil is. If what you want is tank controls and dated combat then sure I guess. Old style Resident Evil needed a gameplay update. That seemed to be the opinion for a lot of people after RE0 came out and that's what we got with RE4.

Resident Evil 6 is absolutely a Resident Evil game to me though. I don't see how it isn't and 4 and 5 are.

You keep bringing up 5, but common consensus on CAG has been that 5 is a distant cousin as well. 5 & 6 are as much Resident Evil as Dead Space 3 was Dead Space- they have recognizable names and set pieces but it is undeniable that we are now action heroes rather than survivors. That's the primary complaint.

#59 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

I'd be okay with that, but I love how much content we got with RE6. I enjoyed all four campaigns and Mercenaries is the best version of it IMO. The gameplay changes make it infinitely better to me.

When the criticisms of it are the equivalent of throwing a temper tantrum because it's different, yes, I consider that whining.

Recent example of whiny self entitled gamers is EA being voted the worst company. Started with people whining about the ME3 ending last year and just continued on this year.

I agree with everything you've said. I guess its just a split crowd. some people can accept change and enjoy it, and some people just can not understand the concept and everything that comes along with change.

Action heroes? Hardly. This is the natural progression of these characters, Leon was a rookie cop in RE2, and now works for the government, you don't think he's been hardened to put up with this crap over these years? especially in RE4, it was a bridge to show you that he was in fact hardened. Now these people are doing what they must to save the world. They are not weak survivors anymore. Zombies aren't some new radical surprising thing now. They must be eradicated. The real enemies are always the humans evolving the zombies.

Same with the gameplay, its all natural progression. I'm not saying RE6 is perfect at all, its not, theres a ton of problems, but seriously, there are a ton of problems in every RE game. Ive been an RE fan since the beginning and I WELCOME change and different takes on these characters. (especially after RE5) I love RE1-3, I love RE4, I do like RE5 for what it is, I actually like the movies(CG and live action). Im like that with pretty much everything though, Ive come to accept a lot of things I used to hate. I understand that different people create these things as time goes on.

Capcom can go back to the classic tank controls/innocent survivors/no action at all, in a PSN/XBLA exclusive game AT BEST, no way they could release a full fledged retail game with the classic RE style and expect it to sell. They have provided the HD remakes of the classic games which are good enough for me.

Pretty much every game in the series is different. If you like the classics, then just stick with those and their atmosphere, if you like the action oriented games, then great! Theres something for everyone, and there is something for the fans who actually LOVE IT ALL, and embrace new things that evolve the franchise. Especially when they are as good as RE6.
Posted Image

#60 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

I guess its just a split crowd. some people can accept change and enjoy it, and some people just can not understand the concept and everything that comes along with change.

Some change is bad though and the game is full of bad. Even dismissing it as a Resident Evil game, it tries to copy games like Gears of War and does a miserable job. Instead of just sticking to its roots, they made a shooter on rails, QTE infested piece of shit.

And that's putting it nicely.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg