Photo
- - - - -

Final Fantasy X|X-2 $39.99 preorder at Amazon. Pricing error?

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#31 Blackheart521

Blackheart521

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:19 AM

her face or breast?

Little bit from Column A, Little bit from Column B =P~

#32 Blackheart521

Blackheart521

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:22 AM

That is how he always looked, lol. I can't stand Tidus, but that is just me.

He definitely looks majorly different when in a scene with the Detailed Facial Textures. Tidus was always one of my favorites though, probably because FFX was my first Final Fantasy, and also because I can relate to his personality in some ways.

#33 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:38 AM

This. I've probably put in more time playing Blitzball than any other mini game on a video game. Even after getting the special items I'd just keep playing it. Half the time I played the game was spent in Blitzball.

If Square Enix made a game specifically for Blitzball, set it up like MLB The Show or another sports game with your regular game, season mode, modes where you have certain funding and can draft players, trade players, etc. I'd buy it. They should name it. Blitzball: Best Sports Game Ever '13.

I couldn't agree more. Would be the only "sports" game would have purchased since 2006.

Posted Image

Would prefer if it excluded EA though. Not sure why they couldn't mock a coverart with SquareEnix as the publisher. But hey, it's more than what I've done.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#34 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

Considering how terrible square is at life and how greedy their 16 dollar ff ports on iPhone is, no way they do cross buy

Well, we have to take into consideration that FF is still a huge name, here and in Japan. Sony could encourage square to do so, because having cross-play of FFX could convince more PS3 owners to pick up a vita.

Hell, in Japan it's almost a certainty that it would.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 Guillermo_IGN

Guillermo_IGN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

This and Kingdom heart remix, will be my holiday. Sorry ps4 maybe next year

#36 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

Why would one even think this was a pricing error when 98% of the HD collections launch at $40 and lower?

Gosh $40 for only two games? Well I guess I'll wait for a price drop.

Just two games? These are pretty substantial titles which will easily amount to over 150+ hours of gameplay. This probably took them more work to port over than the average PS2 title. FF X HD was worth the original expected pricetag of $40. Throwing in X-2 is a great bonus
Posted Image

#37 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

On the fence with this one considering i still have the ps2 versions. If the visiuals are a well enough improvement, may pick this up.

Since it's the International version with the extra content, I'm definitely picking it up, even though I still have both ps2 versions.

#38 thebert

thebert

In The Friend Zone

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

I can't wait for the HD lolz

Posted Image

#39 pdjones

pdjones

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

40 is pretty standard for these collections.

#40 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

I can't wait for the HD lolz

Posted Image

-5FTJxfV3pc
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#41 rrpwiii

rrpwiii

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

That is how he always looked, lol. I can't stand Tidus, but that is just me.

It is not just you. Imho Tidus is one of the most irritating main characters in a Final Fantasy I can think of.

That said FFX has my favorite combat system in a Final Fantasy game. I played the hell out of it back when but I never got around to X2. What is the consensus on it, worth the time or just fan service?

#42 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

It is not just you. Imho Tidus is one of the most irritating main characters in a Final Fantasy I can think of.

That said FFX has my favorite combat system in a Final Fantasy game. I played the hell out of it back when but I never got around to X2. What is the consensus on it, worth the time or just fan service?

Besides the terrible story, it brings back the class change system. IIRC, you can even swap classes mid-combat. Which is a rather cool function.

xivpads.png

#43 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

The battle system is totally different from X, it's fast-paced with an emphasis on changing character classes on the fly-- kind of a proto-FF13 really. What people usually have a problem with is the tone, which basically amps up the silliness and triviality. But the gameplay is solid.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#44 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

This game marked the death of the Final Fantasy brand for me...

#45 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

I had an ex gf who was obsessed with these games, but I never played them. She had like statues of all the characters and everything. I'm excited to see why they remastered these games as opposed to others, and why so many people liked these two games.

Man I miss her sometimes, she was a freak in bed, but also a freak in the head. Yeah I know, cool story bro.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#46 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

I had an ex gf who was obsessed with these games, but I never played them. She had like statues of all the characters and everything. I'm excited to see why they remastered these games as opposed to others, and why so many people liked these two games.

Man I miss her sometimes, she was a freak in bed, but also a freak in the head. Yeah I know, cool story bro.

I myself would have personally liked to have seen the PS1 classics (I know, 7 isn't gonna happen anytime soon.)

xivpads.png

#47 rrpwiii

rrpwiii

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

The battle system is totally different from X, it's fast-paced with an emphasis on changing character classes on the fly-- kind of a proto-FF13 really. What people usually have a problem with is the tone, which basically amps up the silliness and triviality. But the gameplay is solid.

Thanks for the insight, does not sound like my cup of tea so I might just let my memories be. FFX still looks amazing in my head so I am probably not missing much.

#48 Nionel

Nionel

Hopeless CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

I myself would have personally liked to have seen the PS1 classics (I know, 7 isn't gonna happen anytime soon.)

Yeah, HD versions of the older games would require a significant amount of extra work, unlike this PS2 era games that just need their textures smoothed out and maybe a little touch up here and there.

#49 Kirnzee

Kirnzee

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

I couldn't agree more. Would be the only "sports" game would have purchased since 2006.

Posted Image

Would prefer if it excluded EA though. Not sure why they couldn't mock a coverart with SquareEnix as the publisher. But hey, it's more than what I've done.

Rumor has it you can go online with Blitz in this one, just a rumor around some gaming websites though. Hope their is some truth, Blitzball was the best

#50 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

There's no way they're selling these for $20/each on the Vita. That's making the assumption that they're considering the games as equals. You probably have about 5x's as many people interested in X than X-2. They'll probably sell X for $30 retail and offer you X-2 for $20 via digital download.

Cross play is probably totally out of the question. I mean, we're talking about a company who's make a large part of their money over the past decade from re-selling us games we already own. Let's see, I own FFIV in the following formats:
SNES
PSX Origins set
GBA re-release
DS remake
Wii "After years"
PSP "ultimate" edition
PSP "ultimate" edition digital copy (for my Vita)

I think the only major release I don't own is the Wonder Swan one. I suppose I'm part of the problem letting SE gouge me, but still. THIS is why we're not going to get cross play.

#51 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

Little bit from Column A, Little bit from Column B =P~

lol

#52 Pikagreg

Pikagreg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

I figure its worth the early preorder just in case the game is over $40 msrp. A month ago no one had any idea X-2 was going to be included and amazon does not charge until the game ships. worst case, I cancel my preorder if something better pops up.

~~~Now Playing~~~
:pc:FFXIV
:ps3:Lightning Returns
:3ds:Bravely Default
My Steam Profile
:D~~~~~~My Trade List~~~~~~~ :D(dead)

#53 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

This game marked the death of the Final Fantasy brand for me...

No. You getting old marked the death of the Final Fantasy brand for you. You just grew out of the Final Fantasy target audience.

#54 Danger Moose

Danger Moose

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

No. You getting old marked the death of the Final Fantasy brand for you. You just grew out of the Final Fantasy target audience.

Spot on.

#55 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

Everybody knows the Final Fantasy brand died with VII. 3D graphics? Pshaw. And they abandoned Nintendo for a Sony system? BETRAYAL!

#56 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

Yeah, HD versions of the older games would require a significant amount of extra work, unlike this PS2 era games that just need their textures smoothed out and maybe a little touch up here and there.

And turning 16/32-bit into 3D models isn't? It is totally plausible.

xivpads.png

#57 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

Everybody knows the Final Fantasy brand died with VII. 3D graphics? Pshaw. And they abandoned Nintendo for a Sony system? BETRAYAL!

That and Cloud was the worst main character of any FF game.

#58 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

That and Cloud was the worst main character of any FF game.

Meh, he's better than Squall and Tidus in my book

#59 Nionel

Nionel

Hopeless CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

And turning 16/32-bit into 3D models isn't? It is totally plausible.

I never said it wasn't, but the less time and money Square has to put into these ports the better it is for them. Lets face it, the whole concept of the HD collection is to make money off of a game that the dev knows will sell without the cost of programming an entire new game from the ground up.

#60 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

I never said it wasn't, but the less time and money Square has to put into these ports the better it is for them. Lets face it, the whole concept of the HD collection is to make money off of a game that the dev knows will sell without the cost of programming an entire new game from the ground up.

Luckily for Square, the modeling and art design in these games was so high quality in the first place that all they need to do is up the resolution and it will look pretty damn great on an HD television. Squint a little and you might mistake it for a real current gen game. :lol:

When they get around to Final Fantasy XII, it's going to look unbelievable.