Tax refunds without taxes....

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

I can't help but wonder how many folks here are silently cheering on speedracer as he proves me wrong and gives me a complete beat down... by telling me that I should lie on my taxes.

I thought it was an interesting little back and forth and you both have good points.

He was right that the IRS doesn't really pay attention to it.

You were right in saying "then why is it so damn complicated".

In the end it doesn't need to be complicated. It most certainly needs to be cleaned up, but they are being so vindictive about "rich" people possibly paying any less that they would rather the rich people pay less anyway but in an over complicated way that noone can easily see.

#32 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:26 AM

In the end it doesn't need to be complicated. It most certainly needs to be cleaned up, but they are being so vindictive about "rich" people possibly paying any less that they would rather the rich people pay less anyway but in an over complicated way that noone can easily see.

EXACTLY!!!:applause:

#33 Msut77

Msut77

Occam's Shank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

Maybe I am old fashioned but I find it odd to see someone +1 an ostensibly serious statement with no grounding in reality and nothing to back it up.
wahhhhh noone helped me so they must not help anyone. - knoell

#34 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

Maybe I am old fashioned but I find it odd to see someone +1 an ostensibly serious statement with no grounding in reality and nothing to back it up.

Im not sure what you disagree with.

The vindictive part? You are right, that part is just my opinion in addition to your bitter posts.

Or that rich people/companies manipulate the tax code as it is now to pay less?

#35 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

Im not sure what you disagree with.

The vindictive part? You are right, that part is just my opinion in addition to your bitter posts.

Or that rich people/companies manipulate the tax code as it is now to pay less?

Don't mind him. He lives in his own bubble.

#36 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

You don't lie on your taxes, you just advise others to do it. Gotcha.

Not that you particularly care, but your taxes are not done on a W-4. Your entire premise is incorrect. Don't let that stop you from righteous indignation though.
Posted Image

#37 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

Splitting hairs much?

You're right though - I don't much care. Taxes, tax forms, or life in general - I'm not going through life lying and cheating just to get my way. Mock that, if you want - just don't cry too loudly when someone lies and cheats and you end up on the short end of that stick.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#38 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

Splitting hairs much?

Uh, no? You are not cheating the government out of a single dime on your W-4, no matter what you put. Period.

I know, a difficult concept when wildly reaching for anything in which to apply your white hot rage.
Posted Image

#39 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

"Little white lies"...

Besides, if your withholding isn't correct, you're not giving the government money in advance that, if anything, they could draw interest on, n'est ce-pas?
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#40 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

"Little white lies"...

Besides, if your withholding isn't correct, you're not giving the government money in advance that, if anything, they could draw interest on, n'est ce-pas?

edit: nevermind. I'm done trying.
Posted Image

#41 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:33 AM

You know what's sad? bob is basically prime management material. Doesn't listen to anyone but himself, doesn't understand a damn thing anyone says to him, perfect.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#42 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:50 AM

O'Donnell says Obama paid in the high 20's...I thought it was 18%? Bill also claims he paid the 39%, O'Donnell says he is wrong. Nominal rate versus effective rate. But is he comparing apples to oranges when he states Romney paid 14% and Obama paid in the high 20's? I'll see what i can find...

http://www.slate.com...should_be_.html

http://cnsnews.com/n...ve-tax-rate-184

Effective tax rate- Romney-14.1% Obama-18%, NOT in the high 20's as Lawrence claimed. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....is he misinformed or just a liar?

Edited by egofed, 16 May 2013 - 01:00 AM.

#43 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

You know what's sad? bob is basically prime management material. Doesn't listen to anyone but himself, doesn't understand a damn thing anyone says to him, perfect.

I feel like every time you say something about someone, your actually describing yourself.