VUDU offices broken into - Password change required

I never got it. My father got one and told me about his email. Maybe it went to spam for me? Either way, it did force me to change my password.

I have a fraud and identity theft shield through work so I'm covered on that end, even with their 1 year program. My beef with them is that it took them 2 weeks to notify people about it.

[quote name='mitch079']I have a fraud and identity theft shield through work so I'm covered on that end, even with their 1 year program. My beef with them is that it took them 2 weeks to notify people about it.[/QUOTE]

The faqs on the website said they waited at the request of the police

This pissed me off in so many ways.

1. my cc is on walmart and vudu... had to pay bank $25 for new card...
2. my cell # was on file so here comes scam to it.
3. they got all my private info.
4. took 2 weeks to notify is bs what if my debit was used in that 2 weeks.
5. Got to wait 7-10 days for new card...

I hope vudu goes away now. Identity theft happens and 1 year service is a joke this info will be around for god knows how many years. I contacted them about bank fee they dont care.

no biggie.. they got no more info than what's publicly available and in regard to CC, so what... we put our CC/credit at risk every time we use it at retail... anyone with half a brain can remember the number and also have your security code.
I find the fact that they can break into their datacenter, take out hdd... pretty crappy physical security... but really nothing to be too paranoid about.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']This pissed me off in so many ways.

1. my cc is on walmart and vudu... had to pay bank $25 for new card...
2. my cell # was on file so here comes scam to it.
3. they got all my private info.
4. took 2 weeks to notify is bs what if my debit was used in that 2 weeks.
5. Got to wait 7-10 days for new card...

I hope vudu goes away now. Identity theft happens and 1 year service is a joke this info will be around for god knows how many years. I contacted them about bank fee they dont care.[/QUOTE]

Why on earth did you get a new card? Nothing is likely going to happen, and even if it did, the issuer would cover it.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Why on earth did you get a new card? Nothing is likely going to happen, and even if it did, the issuer would cover it.[/QUOTE]

It was his debit card. The issuer might cover it but HIS money that would be tied up

[quote name='gden']what kind of shitty bank do you have that they charge you to replace your card?[/quote]

+1

went ahead and signed up for the identity protection. This is totally free right? As in, they aren't going to start billing me in a year? I of course didn't give them any CC info, but I'm always a little paranoid (I'm paranoid about a lot as you can probably tell)...

[quote name='wasabi5858']no biggie.. they got no more info than what's publicly available and in regard to CC, so what... we put our CC/credit at risk every time we use it at retail... anyone with half a brain can remember the number and also have your security code.
I find the fact that they can break into their datacenter, take out hdd... pretty crappy physical security... but really nothing to be too paranoid about.[/QUOTE]
Cause they said it was hacked so threat it is. Also my cell is not public. If you like give me your cell and add it to your bio on here. I thought so. Go troll somewhere else.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']went ahead and signed up for the identity protection. This is totally free right? As in, they aren't going to start billing me in a year? I of course didn't give them any CC info, but I'm always a little paranoid (I'm paranoid about a lot as you can probably tell)...[/QUOTE]

You never gave your SSN to these guys so there's really don't have to worry too much about identity theft.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Why on earth did you get a new card? Nothing is likely going to happen, and even if it did, the issuer would cover it.[/QUOTE]
I had a unknown charge last week which my bank fixed but what dumb person not get a new card if it was on file and notice said it was stolen to. You people shock me no cag award for you since you give it away.

For the troll saying i must have a blank bank get a clue you need to go outside.

This thread brought all the dirt bags out. I hope karma nails you real hard right where it counts. I know if it happened to you that you cry and ask for help. You people disgust me. Give me your info if you do not care i will get it out there yeah i thought so. :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::booty::booty::booty::booty:

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I had a unknown charge last week which my bank fixed but what dumb person not get a new card if it was on file and notice said it was stolen to. You people shock me no cag award for you since you give it away.

For the troll saying i must have a blank bank get a clue you need to go outside.

This thread brought all the dirt bags out. I hope karma nails you real hard right where it counts. I know if it happened to you that you cry and ask for help. You people disgust me. Give me your info if you do not care i will get it out there yeah i thought so. :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::booty::booty::booty::booty:[/QUOTE]

I don't have a card on it but I would have definitely got a replacement. I've done it in the past when my info was compromised. Someone using your credit card is something that can easily be solved while identity theft is hard for them to do without your ssn

I agree, would have probably gotten a new card, or at least put my bank on alert for a while, had I had a card on file. Wasn't almost scared I did, but nothing comes up under Payment Settings, so I think I'm all clear. Phone# is probably the most private thing on my profile, but honestly I get so many tellemarketers already I probably wouldn't even notice.

Whole credit card numbers weren't stored on the HDD's stolen, and the last 4 digits that were stored were completely encrypted and Vudu doesn't think the encryption can be easily broken. I don't see any point in replacing the card. You people worry way too much.

I've actually had my card frauded in the past on two occasions (both real-world/non-internet situations) and the process was incredibly smooth both times. Credit card companies deal with this stuff all the time. Replacing your card should be the least of your worries when something like this happens. The truth is, the thieves just happened to steal HDD's among other things, there's no indication that they were targeting anyone's person info, or that they'll even attempt to do anything with it.

FNL_4EVA hasn't even been honest here. He's pinning the blame of getting his card replaced on VUDU, but he says himself that he had an unknown charge last week. That is 100% unrelated to this incident.

I didn't have my CC info my Vudu account.

Once before I someone stole my CC numbers and tried to use across the country but my bank blocked it from going through. They overnighted me a new CC with a new number and then I drove to my bank and got a temporary debit cards and I got the permanent cards 5 days latter without getting charged a fee. I haven't used my debit cards at POS and only at my bank's ATM since then. I always use a credit card then pay the bill in full. If I need cash while I am at out I can always go by Walmart, Sam's Club, Kroger, ect and get cash over with my Discover card.

Not worried about it since its easy to call my card company and tell them I didn't make a charge and get a new one. The password i have for VUDU is just for VUDU so I just changed the password to something else then went in and changed it right back to what it was.

I've lost my wallet and credit/debit cards twice and never been charged a fee by any of those banks. I'd probably get a new credit card company or bank if they were pricks like that. Also there were charges both times that they took off and I never heard anything else on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I think that explains why some dumb fuck got into my Walmart.com account and went hog wild trying to order stuff from it.

Fraud detection from my CC caught it in process and stopped anything from being lost.

New card is on the way (free, since I didn't opt to pay for expedited shipping) and all is well with the world again.

My only mistake was leaving my CC on-file with Walmart.com which won't happen again.

Though, you can blame Walmart.com's shitty password requirements that are alpha-numeric characters only and only password length of 6-11 characters. :bomb:

Came to vent about this, but I'm more shocked by FNL 4EVA's response. Most alcohol-fueled looking response that I've seen on this site in quite some time.

I didn't have card on vudu. Only signed up for it cause it gave me a free movie. And I'm going to delete the card I have on file for Walmart.

bread's done
Back