Minecraft Xbox 360 preorder $16.99 @ Newegg Ends 4/15

Nice. I've always wanted to try Minecraft but I refuse to pay for digital-only. Will definitely order this.

@VGC17: NewEgg charges when they ship.

[quote name='morrodox']Nice. I've always wanted to try Minecraft but I refuse to pay for digital-only. Will definitely order this.

@VGC17: NewEgg charges when they ship.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks! I have it digitally, but I prefer my games in discs.

Dammit forgot my credit card....

I don't even own an Xbox but I'm getting this.

Wish PC had a disk version, it would run so much better.....
Imagine PS3/4 with MC....

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']This is the cheapest Minecraft has been for the Xbox.[/QUOTE]

Well, second cheapest actually. Preorders at Best Buy for the download code were $14.99. Makes me wish I waited to pick it up since I always prefer physical media.

Meh, digital doesn't bother me. I prefer disc, but I'm alright with Minecraft being digital on my Xbox. Thanks for the post, OP.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Well, second cheapest actually. Preorders at Best Buy for the download code were $14.99. Makes me wish I waited to pick it up since I always prefer physical media.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know, that's when I got mine. But I don't count that since it only last a few hours and a lot of people missed out :/

I was kind of hoping they might have some pre-order exclusives/bonus items, but I haven't seen anything.

My kids and I love this game. Virtual Legos. :)

Disc version means my kids can play online on any 360 in the house and not only the one with the original download. Am I right?

hmm, Minecraft is one of the games I think I might prefer to have a digital version of. Just being able to jump in every now and then seems a lot more convenient. Newegg charges me tax as well, so this is really only a $2 savings:cry:

guess I should just hope it one day goes on an XBLA sales

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Disc version means my kids can play online on any 360 in the house and not only the one with the original download. Am I right?[/QUOTE]

Yes of course.

im still wondering why they didn't pop this on the PSN, did microsoft shell out an extra million to keep it exclusive like always?

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Disc version means my kids can play online on any 360 in the house and not only the one with the original download. Am I right?[/QUOTE]

This is why I will be buying the disc version. 3 kids + 3 360's + 1 digital copy of minecraft = lots of fighting :)

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']im still wondering why they didn't pop this on the PSN, did microsoft shell out an extra million to keep it exclusive like always?[/QUOTE]

yes

[quote name='h2dk']This is why I will be buying the disc version. 3 kids + 3 360's + 1 digital copy of minecraft = lots of fighting :)[/QUOTE]
Exactly my situation.

[quote name='h2dk']This is why I will be buying the disc version. 3 kids + 3 360's + 1 digital copy of minecraft = lots of fighting :)[/QUOTE]

I have 3 360's too and always download my xbla/dlc on the kid's main console in the family room and then if I want to play the game on the 360 in my room I log on to my account on that 360. So you can get 2 consoles at a time using a digital copy that way. But that doesn't help with my daughter who has her 360 at school so I still prefer physical copies where possible.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']im still wondering why they didn't pop this on the PSN, did microsoft shell out an extra million to keep it exclusive like always?[/QUOTE]

This is exactly why. They've mentioned the possibility of Minecraft showing up on PSN and Vita after the exclusivity deal with Microsoft is over.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/05/minecraft-may-come-to-playstation-3-but-not-wii-u

I would rebuy it on my Vita if it ever makes it on the console.

Any word if Minecraft can be installed from disc? If it's like other arcade-on-disc games, then the answer will be no.

The disc release has been pushed back to June 4.

Major Nelson: "FYI: In order to include the very latest content, the retail version for Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition has been delayed until June 4 (US)"

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Isn't the OUYA getting it too though?[/QUOTE]

How is the OUYA not getting it when it runs Android?

Now, I'm not saying it will get it "officially", but I'm sure you can get it on there somehow.

[quote name='jthieme']I have 3 360's too and always download my xbla/dlc on the kid's main console in the family room and then if I want to play the game on the 360 in my room I log on to my account on that 360. So you can get 2 consoles at a time using a digital copy that way. But that doesn't help with my daughter who has her 360 at school so I still prefer physical copies where possible.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they can do the two console thing, the problem comes up when I am using my profile to play something else on console #3. Now with news of the delay, I will likely just buy a second digital copy.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']How is the OUYA not getting it when it runs Android?

Now, I'm not saying it will get it "officially", but I'm sure you can get it on there somehow.[/QUOTE]

You can't just run all Android apps on the Ouya. Since it's a commercially released game, it has to be specifically made available on the Ouya store. Even assuming you could use a pirated version on the Ouya, the Android version is a trimmed down version of the game lacking many features present on the PC and 360.

Why? 2/3 can play it...

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Why? 2/3 can play it...[/QUOTE]

Downloaded XBLA games have two anchor points for the DRM, the console and the account. Any account can play the game on the console that it's tied to and the account that owns it can play on any machine.

Console + account + disc

[quote name='aramsey1986']Does this come with all the current dlc?[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about this as well. I'm going to assume it doesn't, but it would be nice if it did.

bread's done
Back