XBLA Twisted Pixel Games Bundle - 800 Pts - Splosion Man, Ms. Splosion Man, + 2 more!

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']This makes me terribly sad I paid $15 for Comic Jumper on release. Could not like the game no matter how much I tried.[/QUOTE]

I liked the game quite a bit, but I do still regret paying $15 on release for it.

I am in my late twenties and already own 'Splosion Man. It's fun and all with a nice touch of dark humor, but it seems like it's geared towards little kids. I'm assuming Ms. 'Splosion Man is along the same lines as its predecessor. Regardless, I've never played Ms. 'Splosion Man, The Maw, or Comic Jumper . These go for 800 msp a piece with the exception of Comic Jumper at 1,200 msp. All things considered, would anyone recommend going for this?

[quote name='Enigmatticus']I already own 'Splosion Man. Is this still worth it?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I feel like ~270 points a game is still really good, but I don't know hardly anything about Comic Jumper or The Maw. :/

[quote name='Enigmatticus']I am in my late twenties and already own 'Splosion Man. It's fun and all with a nice touch of dark humor, but it seems like it's geared towards little kids. [/quote]
If you think Splosion Man is a kids game, wait until you play The Maw. ;)

All things considered, would anyone recommend going for this?

Yes. 800 MSPs is a bargain for the 3 games you don't have. You'll get a good bang for your buck (point).

Twisted Pixel games seem to be offered for free a lot. Having only bought Comic Jumper (while on sale at that) and having received the others for free, I have to say that Splosion Man was my favorite. It's a great mix of comedy, action, and tough platforming, and what's more is that it was unique. Comic Jumper is my second favorite of the games here; the story is both entertaining and hilarious (HE GOT FIVE KIDS!) and makes up for the lack of diversity in game play (you basically shoot EVERYTHING). And the challenges are pretty engaging. Third is The Maw. And fourth is Ms. Splosion Man, the game that is barely any different than its predecessor while simultaneously being much more annoying in general. I'd rather adopt an Asian girl with ADD, bring her to the valley and feed her espressos constantly than play through another level of this high-pitched singing, shoe-crazy nightmare of a squealing sequel.

Ms. 'Splosion Man is the only game I think is sexist when it comes to that whole debate. It's hilarious for that reason alone.

Twisted Pixel is awesome! Love Comic Jumper, The Maw is too simple/easy/short but easy achievements and its cute.

Only one I don't have yet is Ms. Splosion.

This is a great deal if you like action platforming.

[quote name='Spokker']Ms. 'Splosion Man is the only game I think is sexist when it comes to that whole debate. It's hilarious for that reason alone.[/QUOTE]

There isn't a debate. It's very sexist, but it's also constantly annoying with the squealing and blabbering. I find those types of women insufferable, too. It's not really a good thing when you like the game more when your TV is muted.

these games are a steal at that price. i must say though, after enjoying enjoying the demo of the maw i found the full game to drag on and be extremely tedious. and getting all the achievements just made the tedious grind even worse.

Really good deal, reccomend anyone who doesnt have these games pick them up. I have all but comic jumper.

Twisted pixel is my favorite XBL developer by far.

800 points is probably worth it for Comic Jumper alone, I bought it when it was 600 and loved it, though if you don't enjoy shooters like Metal Slug or Contra you probably won't like the gameplay. People who really like comics will get more out of it, as it touches on modern capes, the Silver Age, 70s-80s Conan style, and manga/anime/Japanese vidya with it's different sections. But like most Pixel Ninja games it's pretty funny overall, but in a different way since it's dialogue heavy. The main characters are both Chris Sabat (Piccolo/Vegeta/FMA Armstrong/millions of others) and he does a great job.

If you don't have 2 of these games or more, this deal is great. I already have everything but Ms. Splosion Man so I wish they'd have also offered everything for 200-300 points separately.

Great deal. Will this count towards the punchcard promotion this month? Hopefully it does since I'd be up to 2000msp spent on 3 games.

people wondering if the games are worth it... they are on xbox, so they each have trials, play the trial for all of them.

So I thought this was 800MSP per game, which was a pretty good deal since I wanted to pick up Ms. Splosion Man (loved the first one). But 800MSP for all of them, that's a steal. Anyone know how long it will last? I have $15 in RZ certs at BB and would pick up a card tomorrow or Monday.

Purchased, thank OP. 'Splosian Man is fun.

@Alkaline, I don't think it specifically stated when it ends. I'd pick one up tomorrow if you're going to do it.

2 questions:

1) how long does this go for?
2) how much is comic jumper usually? Thats the only one i honestly want. Not really interested in maw and explosion man just looks ok. Not sure if its worth 800 for just that

Just got mine today.
Already had the Maw for free so getting the other three that I wanted but not for their regular price was indeed a plus and then some.

I will finally be able to play the prelude to Ms Splode that was free.

Yay!

[quote name='StryderOmega']This bundle is like Inception... A download within a download.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when that came up I was like shit, I better not be getting charged twice for this.

But alas, all is well.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']wish they had em each for 200..[/QUOTE]
Same. I only need Comic Jumper. I'd pay 400 points for it alone, but I don't feel the need to grab this pack for it.

[quote name='yokuo']Same. I only need Comic Jumper. I'd pay 400 points for it alone, but I don't feel the need to grab this pack for it.[/QUOTE]

It went on sale for 400 MSP a few times. For about a year and a half (4/2011 - 12/2012) MS dropped it's price to 800 MSPs which looked like a permanent price drop. They inexplicably bumped it back to 1200 MSPs.
I'll probably grab it when it goes on sale again for 400 MSPs. With the bundle out, that will likely be very soon. :)

[quote name='Blade']There isn't a debate. It's very sexist, but it's also constantly annoying with the squealing and blabbering. I find those types of women insufferable, too. It's not really a good thing when you like the game more when your TV is muted.[/QUOTE]

You don't actually need to mute your TV. There's a setting in-game that allows you to turn Ms. 'Splosion Man's dialogue off. One of the tips during the loading screens makes some quip about how you might find her annoying (just like real women!)

It's all very tongue-in-cheek, obviously, but one thing that isn't a joke is that mashing the A button actually does make the game load faster.

bread's done
Back