Photo
- - - - -

XBLA Twisted Pixel Games Bundle - 800 Pts - Splosion Man, Ms. Splosion Man, + 2 more!

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

Wow! These were the games I was thinking about picking up for a long time! I definitely in on this deal!

Edit: Aaaand purchased!

xivpads.png

#32 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

Worth it if I already have the maw and splosion man? I'm thinking yes, just would be nice to have an opinion about it.

#33 SIX min WHISTLE

SIX min WHISTLE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

800 points is probably worth it for Comic Jumper alone, I bought it when it was 600 and loved it, though if you don't enjoy shooters like Metal Slug or Contra you probably won't like the gameplay. People who really like comics will get more out of it, as it touches on modern capes, the Silver Age, 70s-80s Conan style, and manga/anime/Japanese vidya with it's different sections. But like most Pixel Ninja games it's pretty funny overall, but in a different way since it's dialogue heavy. The main characters are both Chris Sabat (Piccolo/Vegeta/FMA Armstrong/millions of others) and he does a great job.

If you don't have 2 of these games or more, this deal is great. I already have everything but Ms. Splosion Man so I wish they'd have also offered everything for 200-300 points separately.

#34 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

Just bought this. Yea buddy.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#35 Nightfury

Nightfury

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:51 AM

Great deal. Will this count towards the punchcard promotion this month? Hopefully it does since I'd be up to 2000msp spent on 3 games.

#36 RedRingOfDeath

RedRingOfDeath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:12 AM

Already purchased all these games separately... Definitely worth the 800MSP. They are a must buy at that price IMHO.

I know the muffin man!

#37 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:14 AM

people wondering if the games are worth it... they are on xbox, so they each have trials, play the trial for all of them.

#38 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:01 AM

So I thought this was 800MSP per game, which was a pretty good deal since I wanted to pick up Ms. Splosion Man (loved the first one). But 800MSP for all of them, that's a steal. Anyone know how long it will last? I have $15 in RZ certs at BB and would pick up a card tomorrow or Monday.
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#39 hotpocket

hotpocket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:08 AM

Purchased, thank OP. 'Splosian Man is fun.

@Alkaline, I don't think it specifically stated when it ends. I'd pick one up tomorrow if you're going to do it.

#40 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:17 AM

Just a thought, but I wonder if this would count as one or four games for the xbox live rewards punchards:-k

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#41 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:56 AM

2 questions:

1) how long does this go for?
2) how much is comic jumper usually? Thats the only one i honestly want. Not really interested in maw and explosion man just looks ok. Not sure if its worth 800 for just that
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#42 Dishinshoryuken

Dishinshoryuken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:02 AM

Just got mine today.
Already had the Maw for free so getting the other three that I wanted but not for their regular price was indeed a plus and then some.

I will finally be able to play the prelude to Ms Splode that was free.

Yay!
What a wonderful sight. :360::psp:

#43 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:05 AM

This bundle is like Inception... A download within a download.

xivpads.png

#44 hotpocket

hotpocket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

This bundle is like Inception... A download within a download.

Yeah, when that came up I was like shit, I better not be getting charged twice for this.

But alas, all is well.

#45 yokuo

yokuo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

wish they had em each for 200..

Same. I only need Comic Jumper. I'd pay 400 points for it alone, but I don't feel the need to grab this pack for it.
You should pretend there's something witty here.

#46 Chihuahua Dad

Chihuahua Dad

Patriots fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

Great deal for those who don't already have these. "The Maw" is a great game, it's like playing a Pixar film!
Two by two they enter the jungle, and soon they number more...

#47 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

Same. I only need Comic Jumper. I'd pay 400 points for it alone, but I don't feel the need to grab this pack for it.

It went on sale for 400 MSP a few times. For about a year and a half (4/2011 - 12/2012) MS dropped it's price to 800 MSPs which looked like a permanent price drop. They inexplicably bumped it back to 1200 MSPs.
I'll probably grab it when it goes on sale again for 400 MSPs. With the bundle out, that will likely be very soon. :)

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#48 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

I only owned Splosion Man so this is a good deal for me, thanks OP! :)

523546.png

#49 CoziestParasite

CoziestParasite

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

There isn't a debate. It's very sexist, but it's also constantly annoying with the squealing and blabbering. I find those types of women insufferable, too. It's not really a good thing when you like the game more when your TV is muted.

You don't actually need to mute your TV. There's a setting in-game that allows you to turn Ms. 'Splosion Man's dialogue off. One of the tips during the loading screens makes some quip about how you might find her annoying (just like real women!)

It's all very tongue-in-cheek, obviously, but one thing that isn't a joke is that mashing the A button actually does make the game load faster.

#50 kerbacious

kerbacious

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

Thanks op would of missed this !

#51 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

hmm no answer for how long this is going for?
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#52 Duck in a Pond

Duck in a Pond

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

hmm no answer for how long this is going for?

It doesn't say on Major Nelson's blog. Can't find it anywhere. I'm assuming it's not permanent.

#53 jtron

jtron

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

The pack counts toward the punchcards for this month

#54 melancholysp

melancholysp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

Awesome deal. I only have The Maw, so getting both Sposion games for that price is a great deal in itself. Adding Cosmic Jumper in too is just icing.