Just Cause 2 (360/PS3) is $19.99 on Amazon

[quote name='BowserG']Just Cause 2 (360/PS3) was $9.98 at Target on clearance forever ago.[/QUOTE]

That is super YMMV, though.

whats with the time machine garbage ? this game has held its value for awhile and with that being considered this price for a new copy is pretty good. the game seems like a riot and i will play it someday :)

I recall it being this price for a rather long time, though it's still a good deal. I've heard PS3 is actually the better version, so anyone with both consoles might want to take that into account. Tried it for a bit, and it is pretty rediculous fun. I'll pass though, as this doesn't seem like anything super limited or urgent (ie. price should stay around here for a while)

it was on psn like 2 weeks ago for $9.99... its been $19.99 or cheaper for a long ass time now.

its a great game but this is pretty much MSRP at this point... Thanks for trying op but not a deal.

I originally poo-pooed this price too, but I did a brief search, and this actually seems like a fairly good deal for a physical copy of the game. Completed ebay listings for new copies float around the $20 range and neither BB nor GS seem to have new copies in stock anymore which might mean it is currently OOP... I found it slightly cheaper at Newegg, who has the PS3 version for $17, but the 360 version is sold out
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=-1&isNodeId=1&Description=just+cause+2&x=18&y=23

There have been rumblings of a Just Cause 3 announcement soon, so maybe there will be a refresh in stock, but this actually isn't a very bad price at the moment. Also, the game is awesome.

So a member comes on here to try to help out with a valid price and people thread-crap him? Stay classy guys...

Thanks OP, I already have the game but appreciate the thought

[quote name='murphdrag']They also sell it new for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

...if you can find one. I don't have any in a 100 mile radius, which has usually been a good sign that the thing I am looking for is hard-to-find.

[quote name='Mad dog']Gamestop sells it for $34.99 used. Your point?[/QUOTE]
Please don't go by Gamestop they're truly stupid but as luck would have it there's even more stupid customers who fall for their pricing games...
Prior to ME3 flopping & the ME trilogy release they wre selling ME1 for $25 used, the same ME that's $20 MSRP every place else.
They're currently doing much worse with Dead Space 1 which is $29.99 used for the $20 MSRP greatest hits version.
Just today the GS rep tried to upsell my lil cousin on Marvel Ultimate Allaince 2 since "it's pretty much the only Avengers game out". The sell the new game for $30 & the used one for $40. Meanwhile BB sells the 360 version w/Forza 2 for just $8. The PS3 version is $25 used & 360 $15.
WWE Allstars is $20 MSRP but they sell it for $25 used
Left for Dead 1 $30 new or $30 used but MSRP is $20
Left for Dead 2 $30 new or $45 used at least they're correct with the new MSRP
The list goes on & on...

Anyways, as for JC2 tigerdirect can be a cheaper option for some since it can be purchased or pm'd for $18 on PS3 & the 360 version is $20 MSRP.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/search.asp?keywords=just+cause+2
gohastings also has both for $20 as does target but target has none in stock

I'm going to chime in.

I have a friend that runs a video game store in Brazil. I export quite a few games for him and Just Cause 2 is a favorite of his customers.

Now it doesn't go on sale often outside a few time it was $15.99 at Newegg but for at least the past year I have NEVER had a hard time finding it for retail (i.e. $19.99) online.

Between either Newegg or Amazon it has ALWAYS been in stock at one or the other. I'm not saying it hasn't gone OOS at one point but when he wanted copies I was always able to get an order in.

Combine that with the fact that Just Cause 2 (PS3) was FREE for a period of time I can understand why people are saying this isn't a deal.

BTW gamestop happens to sell Portal 2 and L4D2 (360) at inflated "Used" prices. I wouldn't consider MSRP on them to be a deal either.

Edit: All the above being said we still shouldn't flame an OP as it discourages them from posting deals in the future. And I'll take few reposts or non deals every once in awhile if it means someone still cares enough to post deals here

[quote name='showtimefolks']One of the most overrated games of this gen IMO. Boring game with boring world and the worst single player story in gaming history[/QUOTE]

Well to be fair the rest of us probably aren't as big a fan of Barbie Horse Adventures as you are.

[quote name='showtimefolks']One of the most overrated games of this gen IMO. Boring game with boring world and the worst single player story in gaming history[/QUOTE]

IATCG absolutely loved this game. That right there is enough reason for me to stay away :lol:

[quote name='murphdrag']They also sell it new for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Are people really this determined to be asshats?

This isn't that much of a deal guys, I swear it's hit fifteen bucks several times already. It's been this price on Amazon for as long as I can remember.

[quote name='GBAstar']IATCG absolutely loved this game. That right there is enough reason for me to stay away :lol:[/QUOTE]
he also liked GTA IV, battlefield 1943. LOL

[quote name='YBX87']he also liked GTA IV, battlefield 1943. LOL[/QUOTE]

me and him always talked about that gta4 hellicopter glitch, good times lol. as for this game i really want to try it now !

[quote name='strait edge follower']me and him always talked about that gta4 hellicopter glitch, good times lol. as for this game i really want to try it now ![/QUOTE]
you can rendezvous with him on SD, to catch up on old times. LOL. He is a frequent poster there.

Ya this was on sale for 9.89 on Psn a few timed this year, and even though I know everyone hates the square Enix store cuz its run by digital river it was for 9.99 for a physical copy a couple times this year as well. I think 19.99 is MSRP right?

bread's done
Back