• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#301 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:17 AM

"They have the suspect in custory...what does that mean?" -Diane Sawyer

"If he is alive, does that mean we could possibly get some information from him?" -Diane Sawyer
Posted Image

#302 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:19 AM

The aunt is in Canada.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#303 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

"They have the suspect in custory...what does that mean?" -Diane Sawyer

"If he is alive, does that mean we could possibly get some information from him?" -Diane Sawyer

To be fair last night the brother was in custody and he ended up dead. So that's what she might be.

#304 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:41 AM

lady in the restaurant was clapping at the news...she was also drunk.

#305 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:54 AM

Listening to the media at these press conferences sometimes makes me want to stick a pencil in my ear.

#306 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:01 AM

Reddit was pretty awesome in its reporting of the situation except the inadvertent DDoS of 1000 people in the thread also giving the same play by play...just the wave of "We got him!" hurt my head especially with the implication that 1000 keyboard warriors somehow helped in this manhunt.

#307 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:22 AM

2 men, one women, newbedford property. Being questioned about suspect #2. They were taken into custody just now.

#308 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

2 men, one women, newbedford property. Being questioned about suspect #2. They were taken into custody just now.

Just now being hours ago?

#309 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

Just now being hours ago?

Just now, saw it on whdh.

http://www1.whdh.com...ing-questioned/

#310 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

I was following this whole thing from 11pm-5am this morning on the Boston PD scanner. It was like listening to GTA 4 being played over my headset.

I went to bed and expected him to be shot dead, guess I was wrong.

This whole thing been stressful. Not just the 2nd suspect, the grenades, automatic gunfire.....but the violation of the 4th amendment and how many citizens of this area treated as suspects.

I am so incredibly grateful I wasn't in watertown this morning. I would have been less than polite and not granted police access to my house/apartment and I'd probably be still detained.

I'm 30 years old and never see Boston like this......so insane.
Currently playing:
:pc: - Red Orchestra 2
:pc: - Killing Floor
:pc: - SimCity 4
:360: - Uno
:360: - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

#311 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:55 AM

I am so incredibly grateful I wasn't in watertown this morning. I would have been less than polite and not granted police access to my house/apartment and I'd probably be still detained.

I listened to at least two interviews where people made it sound like police were asking residents if they wanted them (the police) to search their property as a safeguard versus forcing themselves into residences.

In both the people said they told LEO that they had already checked their homes and the police moved onto the next home without entering.

#312 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:32 AM

I was following this whole thing from 11pm-5am this morning on the Boston PD scanner. It was like listening to GTA 4 being played over my headset.

I went to bed and expected him to be shot dead, guess I was wrong.

This whole thing been stressful. Not just the 2nd suspect, the grenades, automatic gunfire.....but the violation of the 4th amendment and how many citizens of this area treated as suspects.

I'm 30 years old and never see Boston like this......so insane.

GBAstar pretty much covered most of the areas where you're completely wrong, but I think you're either too young or don't remember what happened in the Charles Stewart case. Either way, you should probably calm it down a bit.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#313 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:37 AM

Posted Image

CRITICAL condition..

Here is the arrest:

Posted Image
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#314 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:51 AM

The uncle is full of quoteworthy lols

"He put a shame on.."

+ His accent sounds like the main guy from Grand Theft Auto IV.
Posted Image

#315 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:25 AM

Fun fact: That was his normal speaking voice. He is actually perfectly calm.

I do admire the guy. He told the truth, was honest and passionate. It's very different from what I would expect from the average American being interviewed. He's very much into the idea that if you commit such a horrible act, you not only shame yourself, but your family and your ethnic group. I would like to see group members holding other group members accountable if we are going to have identity politics.

I think he and I would get along very well.

When he said that they were losers who could not settle themselves, and were jealous of others that could, it really resonated with what I try to do in my life. Whatever my predicament, I try not to convince myself that I am not entitled to what others who have worked harder earned. This attitude is what we need more of right now.

#316 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:29 AM

+ His accent sounds like the main guy from Grand Theft Auto IV.

Who knew that Eastern Europe was an actual place in the real world?

Posted Image

#317 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:34 AM

Who knew that Eastern Europe was an actual place in the real world?

http://www.theonion....nough-to,32124/

Satire's tough to laugh at when it's accurate.
Posted Image

#318 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:45 AM

Fun fact: That was his normal speaking voice. He is actually perfectly calm.

I do admire the guy. He told the truth, was honest and passionate. It's very different from what I would expect from the average American being interviewed. He's very much into the idea that if you commit such a horrible act, you not only shame yourself, but your family and your ethnic group. I would like to see group members holding other group members accountable if we are going to have identity politics.

I think he and I would get along very well.

When he said that they were losers who could not settle themselves, and were jealous of others that could, it really resonated with what I try to do in my life. Whatever my predicament, I try not to convince myself that I am not entitled to what others who have worked harder earned. This attitude is what we need more of right now.

This is more vs. territory, but the reason why he said those things is because Chechens are an oppressed ethnic minority and like any other oppressed ethnic minority, the entire group is held responsible for the actions of a small group of individuals. This is corroborated by the aunt in Canada. It ain't all sunshine and rainbows in the land of Chechnya.

Just because one person "made it" doesn't mean everyone can.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

#319 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:49 AM

Just because one person "made it" doesn't mean everyone can.

Correct. This is a fundamental truth that no system of governance has ever or will ever solve. Nobody should blow people up over it. Those who do should be viewed only with contempt, not empathy.

And as I said, he understands human nature very well. But anyway, the boys didn't grow up entirely in Chechnya or the country in which they were born, and they were likely better off here.

#320 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:00 AM

Correct. This is a fundamental truth that no system of governance has ever or will ever solve. Nobody should blow people up over it. Those who do should be viewed only with contempt, not empathy.

And as I said, he understands human nature very well. But anyway, the boys didn't grow up entirely in Chechnya or the country in which they were born, and they were likely better off here.

You're making a lot of assumptions here. The biggest one being that the uncle knows exactly why they did it. From the sound of it, it seems like he's more concerned about how his genetic relationship to them will effect his life more than their motives.

Just because life in the US is better than Chechnya, doesn't mean things are great.
dohdough.png

#321 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:04 AM

I sure hope the cops enjoy their next 24-48 hours of appreciation before everything goes back to normal

#322 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:11 AM

Just because life in the US is better than Chechnya, doesn't mean things are great.

I think the average life is going to be filled with a lot of heartache, even by first-world standards. I do not think we are going to find anything in this guy's American life that would have justified a third-party stepping in and correcting some grave injustice in the hopes that we might prevent him from blowing people up.

Is this what you mean? If he was feeling disenfranchised, what are the actual steps by which we would solve the problem?

#323 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:44 AM

I think the average life is going to be filled with a lot of heartache, even by first-world standards. I do not think we are going to find anything in this guy's American life that would have justified a third-party stepping in and correcting some grave injustice in the hopes that we might prevent him from blowing people up.

Is this what you mean? If he was feeling disenfranchised, what are the actual steps by which we would solve the problem?

Again, you're making wild assumptions. Ask me again when/if we learn about why he felt disenfranchised. Otherwise, I'm not going to speculate on things out of context.

edit: Either way, this is vs. territory and I'm done discussing this here.
dohdough.png

#324 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

...From the sound of it, it seems like he's more concerned about how his genetic relationship to them will effect his life more than their motives.

I tend to agree and that is somewhat disheartening.

I know nothing about the uncle's background but I picture him as a hard working guy that feels like his accomplishments in life are going to be overshadowed by the fact that he shares blood with the two victims.

His speech to the media did about as good of a job as one could to distance himself from the two brothers but I'm sure their is a human aspect where he is in mourning.

#325 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

Incidentally, listening to the police scanner through all that was fucking bizarre.

The stream I was on peaked at over 250,000 people.

Posted Image

#326 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

I think the Uncle (sane one) has it right yet again.

http://www.today.com...spect-6C9529666

He said Dzhokar, the younger of the brothers, was "used by his older brother. He’s just another victim of his older brother. He victimized others, but he’s been used by his older brother."

Tsarni, a Maryland resident who is the brother of the suspects’ father, believes Tamerlan, 26, who died in a confrontation with police early Friday morning, was radicalized by others. He noted that the suspects were in his house as children, and recalled a surprising transformation the last time he saw Tamerlan in 2009.

“There certainly were mentors,’’ Tsarni said. “I was shocked when I heard his words, his phrases, when every other word he starts sticking in words of God. I question what he’s doing for work, (and) he claimed he would just put everything in the will of God. It was a big concern to me. He called me 'confused' when I started explaining to him, make yourself useful to yourself and to your family and maybe you’ll have extra to share with everybody else.

"It wasn’t devotion, it was something, as it’s called, being radicalized. Not understanding what he is talking (about). He is just using words for the sake of the words and not understanding the meaning of it.’’

I think religion scrambled the older one's brains and the younger one was too stupid to know right from wrong.

#327 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

Too stupid? C'mon Spokker, there's no way he didn't know right from wrong.

#328 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

God forbid he has to take responsibility for his actions. It was everyone else' fault but his own.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#329 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

I don't think it has to be an either-or situation. The younger one could have definitely been young, dumb, and convinced or used one way or another by his older brother. But that doesn't mean he isn't culpable for the crimes he committed. He should definitely sit in a prison cell for the rest of his life at a minimum. I'm not a fan of the death penalty but he's likely earned that if the government should choose to pursue it. But I think you can see how he could be a "victim" of his brother while at the same time being fully responsible for what he did.

#330 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

I don't think it has to be an either-or situation. The younger one could have definitely been young, dumb, and convinced or used one way or another by his older brother. But that doesn't mean he isn't culpable for the crimes he committed. He should definitely sit in a prison cell for the rest of his life at a minimum. I'm not a fan of the death penalty but he's likely earned that if the government should choose to pursue it. But I think you can see how he could be a "victim" of his brother while at the same time being fully responsible for what he did.

Yes, this is what I mean.