2 Explosions at Boston Marathon

IRHari

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
http://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/1cen3t/there_was_just_an_explosion_at_the_boston/

http://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/1cf17c/boston_marathon_explosions_live_update_thread_2/

original.jpg

Horrible, I also read one of the 2 confirmed dead was an 8 year old.

EDIT:

Whoops:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341835

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry. This thread will heat up once more is known about the person or persons responsible and their motivations. After all, I don't think that discussion will be allowed anywhere else.

Guh. People are already politicizing it. Someone on FB posted "Man, we need some "Bomb Control" bills, ASAP."

Give it some time, people... :(

I'm ready to politicize it and we don't even know who did it. It doesn't matter who did it. What we know is that a bomb or two went off, and there were one or more that did not.

How could this happen when we were told to see something and say something? How could this happen when guys were getting harassed or even arrested for taking photographs of buildings and trains? How could this have happened with random bag checks, drug sniffing dogs and the militarization of ordinary police? How could this happen with warrant-less wiretaps and the Patriot Act?

Never mind the hypocrisy of security theater, the infringement of our liberties and the massive amount of resources wasted on institutions that don't do much. Recent high profile attack attempts were foiled by passengers, not law enforcement. Bomb materials have been smuggled through supposedly beefed up airport security. We already knew about all that stuff and most of us don't care.

On a personal level, I have lost all faith in people who are in positions of authority and power because they are supposedly experts or the best person for the job. They cannot keep us safe. Never could and never will. When I go somewhere, or consider going somewhere no matter what kind of show they put on, I assume there is zero security.

[quote name='Spokker']I'm ready to politicize it and we don't even know who did it. It doesn't matter who did it. What we know is that a bomb or two went off, and there were one or more that did not.

How could this happen when we were told to see something and say something? How could this happen when guys were getting harassed or even arrested for taking photographs of buildings and trains? How could this have happened with random bag checks, drug sniffing dogs and the militarization of ordinary police? How could this happen with warrant-less wiretaps and the Patriot Act?

Never mind the hypocrisy of security theater, the infringement of our liberties and the massive amount of resources wasted on institutions that don't do much. Recent high profile attack attempts were foiled by passengers, not law enforcement. Bomb materials have been smuggled through supposedly beefed up airport security. We already knew about all that stuff and most of us don't care.

On a personal level, I have lost all faith in people who are in positions of authority and power because they are supposedly experts or the best person for the job. They cannot keep us safe. Never could and never will. When I go somewhere, or consider going somewhere no matter what kind of show they put on, I assume there is zero security.[/QUOTE]

image.png

I have to wonder how people overseas feel for us as they see Predator drones flying above their country...

I am not condoning or justifying anything, I am posing a view from another's eyes

[quote name='Finger_Shocker']I have to wonder how people overseas feel for us as they see Predator drones flying above their country...

I am not condoning or justifying anything, I am posing a view from another's eyes[/QUOTE]

It is a twist: a rogue terrorist attacks a family-friendly event and kills and maims hundreds, vs. a foreign military flies in sovereign airspace and tries not to kill innocent bystanders, but if they do, "awe shucks".

We export more violence than any other country on the planet, then self gratify ourselves with a raging patriotism hardon anytime something happens to us.

Innocent death anywhere is saddening.

[quote name='Finger_Shocker']I have to wonder how people overseas feel for us as they see Predator drones flying above their country...

I am not condoning or justifying anything, I am posing a view from another's eyes[/QUOTE]

they don't see them :speaktothehand:

[quote name='Finger_Shocker']And one wonders why other countries people HATE us so much......:roll:[/QUOTE]

Actually i think one wonders why YOU hate America so much.

[quote name='pyschonerd']Actually i think one wonders why YOU hate America so much.[/QUOTE]

Wow. This is the first non-passive aggressive insult I've seen for a while. Keep it up, holmes!

The exporting violence is one aspect, then there's the fact that the bombing at Boston wasn't even the most deadly bombing that day 31 people killed and 200 injured in bombings in Iraq. Yes, the Boston bombing was sad but so are the bombings that happen in any country.

I have people all over my facebook posting anything from the conspiracy theory crap that the government knew/helped with the bombing to the "what has this country come to? it's just not safe anymore." All of it's malarkey, we're still one of the safest countries in the world and the conspiracy theory crap is just wearing really thin at this point after Loose Change and the similar garbage. For some reason "our" bombing is more tragic than any number of the bombings that occur across the world on a regular basis? They're all sad, they're all terrible, and they all make me wish the entire world was a better place to live than it is.

An attack anywhere else is equally tragic, but not necessarily news. What happened in Boston was a close to home and extremely rare occurrence, so I really don't judge anyone for looking at it more dramatically than they do for bombings elsewhere. Things that happen a world away are hard to put into perspective, for better and for worse.

[quote name='dohdough']Wow. This is the first non-passive aggressive insult I've seen for a while. Keep it up, holmes![/QUOTE]

It's spectacular how many of the more conservative posters jump up and down about how we need to go back to the Constitution to fight off the infringement of government in our lives, and go back to a more traditional time. Maybe they mean a window of time before the first ammendment. To these guys, if you're critical of an action, a policy, or a mentality that America shows, you hate your country, you should move, and Toby Keith should rape your sister. I threw that last one in, nobody is going that far. They want Tony Stewart to rape their sister.

Hurray for patriotism! When mob mentality and rampant xenophobia put us back in front of the rest of the world!

[quote name='berzirk']It's spectacular how many of the more conservative posters jump up and down about how we need to go back to the Constitution to fight off the infringement of government in our lives, and go back to a more traditional time. Maybe they mean a window of time before the first ammendment. To these guys, if you're critical of an action, a policy, or a mentality that America shows, you hate your country, you should move, and Toby Keith should rape your sister. I threw that last one in, nobody is going that far. They want Tony Stewart to rape their sister.

Hurray for patriotism! When mob mentality and rampant xenophobia put us back in front of the rest of the world![/QUOTE]

I'm surprised you didn't mention anything about the Saudi National that was tackled for running away from the explosion.

[quote name='berzirk']It's spectacular how many of the more conservative posters jump up and down about how we need to go back to the Constitution to fight off the infringement of government in our lives, and go back to a more traditional time. Maybe they mean a window of time before the first ammendment. To these guys, if you're critical of an action, a policy, or a mentality that America shows, you hate your country, you should move, and Toby Keith should rape your sister. I threw that last one in, nobody is going that far. They want Tony Stewart to rape their sister.

Hurray for patriotism! When mob mentality and rampant xenophobia put us back in front of the rest of the world![/QUOTE]

Excuse me for being thankful that I live in a country where we don't accept the everyday violence that takes place in areas like the Philippines. Should we not bat an eye or act "patriotic" just because so few were killed?

You might say it is not sincere that people or places or establishments like the NY Yankees rally around Boston after the explosion but I beg to differ and see it as a sign that there is still hope for our country.

And while it may be true that as you say:

Innocent death anywhere is saddening.

I tend to be a little less sad over violence that occurs in areas where it is generally accepted as an everyday occurrence...

...unless you think it is OUR job to step in and make things better and if so I ask you how we would do that?

[quote name='GBAstar']
I tend to be a little less sad over violence that occurs in areas where it is generally accepted as an everyday occurrence...

...unless you think it is OUR job to step in and make things better and if so I ask you how we would do that?[/QUOTE]

jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

Did I say anything about being the world's police? No, I conveyed the sentiment that I wish we lived in a world where violence like this didn't occur anywhere. Probably makes me too much of a tree-hugging hippie for the likes of you but it's certainly an ideal I wish the entire world could embrace, that doesn't mean I have any interest in using our military as peacekeepers for the world.

As far as the first part, about having less (none?) sympathy for other parts of the world? Pathetic, absolutely pathetic jingoistic crap.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']
jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

Did I say anything about being the world's police? No, I conveyed the sentiment that I wish we lived in a world where violence like this didn't occur anywhere. Probably makes me too much of a tree-hugging hippie for the likes of you but it's certainly an ideal I wish the entire world could embrace, that doesn't mean I have any interest in using our military as peacekeepers for the world.

As far as the first part, about having less (none?) sympathy for other parts of the world? Pathetic, absolutely pathetic jingoistic crap.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to see where I used the word none in regards to sympathy for other nations and I just can't find it.

But I feel the word "less" is appropriate. I tend to have less sympathy for the person who continues to get his hand burned while touching the hot stove. After all that is the consequence of touching a hot stove.

I tend to have less sympathy for people that live in natural disaster "hot zones" and experience the consequences of natural disasters three, four five times a decade.

I tend to have less sympathy for people that die as part of political or religious violence when that violence is..... the status quo.

But to say that we shouldn't feel sorry at least equally if not MORE so for senseless violence that occurs in our nation just because more senseless violence occurs everyday elsewhere, where it is accepted, is well..... stupid.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm trying to see where I used the word none in regards to sympathy for other nations and I just can't find it.

But I feel the word "less" is appropriate. I tend to have less sympathy for the person who continues to get his hand burned while touching the hot stove. After all that is the consequence of touching a hot stove.

I tend to have less sympathy for people that live in natural disaster "hot zones" and experience the consequences of natural disasters three, four five times a decade.

I tend to have less sympathy for people that die as part of political or religious violence when that violence is..... the status quo.

But to say that we shouldn't feel sorry at least equally if not MORE so for senseless violence that occurs in our nation just because more senseless violence occurs everyday elsewhere, where it is accepted, is well..... stupid.[/QUOTE]

So those people living in Iraq should have packed up and left? Maybe we should let them immigrate to America? Oh... wait...

The people most affected by those natural disaster hot zones are the ones who don't have the means to leave. Not only that but you can pick just about anywhere in the world that has some type of threat of natural disasters. Next big quake in California? No sympathy, they had it coming living there? Hurricane Sandy in NY? Nah, they knew better, right? That house on the prairie in Oklahoma that got blown away by a tornado? Should have thought that one through before they moved there! Tsunami hits Hawaii? Well they had a choice not to live on the ocean, amirite?!?!?

Same applies to political violence and strife, most people don't have the means to just pick up and leave because of violence in their country.

[quote name='dohdough']I'm surprised you didn't mention anything about the Saudi National that was tackled for running away from the explosion.[/QUOTE]

Yah, I didn't read this until a few minutes ago: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/comment/2013/04/the-saudi-marathon-man.html

For contrast on Monday night I'd flip between CNN (the channel I usually watch) and Fox. CNN was about the timeline of the blasts, and the number of people who were injured. Fox's focus, with a really overproduced, shock and awe, miserable intro video of Shephard Smith, was all about this Saudi national who is being guarded in a hospital room. It was really fairly stunning/disgusting.

Throw in the fact that as the guy is running away from an explosion with a leg wound, someone tackles him for being a SAM (suspicious arab male). I think that's the third amendment: We as a mob public, have the right to tackle an injured person during an emergency, if they look "muzlum".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying a Muslim didn't do it. I personally think there's a decent chance one did. My reason? The blast would have had a larger impact (psychologically, maybe in death toll?) as the elite runners finished, but who are the elite runners? Something like 16 of the top 20 were foreign, mainly Kenya and Ethiopia, and a terrorist, while an irrational murderer, might have some reservations about killing potential fellow Muslims, or at least non-Americans, meaning the later detonation time would likely injure more Americans, rather than foreigners. Just a half-baked thought at least.

[quote name='GBAstar']Excuse me for being thankful that I live in a country where we don't accept the everyday violence that takes place in areas like the Philippines. Should we not bat an eye or act "patriotic" just because so few were killed?

You might say it is not sincere that people or places or establishments like the NY Yankees rally around Boston after the explosion but I beg to differ and see it as a sign that there is still hope for our country.

...unless you think it is OUR job to step in and make things better and if so I ask you how we would do that?[/QUOTE]

What in the name of Roger Clemens steroid swollen head are you talking about? I don't even know what the Yankees did, but in the grand scheme of things, unless the corpse of Steinbrenner dove atop an explosion to save the public, I don't see how they could do much to help. Nothing wrong with having a good thought for the people who are hurt, and families of the dead. I don't really think anyone has spoken out against that.

Also, totally baffled about why you brought up the Philippines. Maybe you're Filipino? Dunno. I spent 4 weeks there and loved my time. Crime is really bad, terrorist fringe groups roam around the jungle, but comparing a third world country's internal strife to the US is...well...I have no idea what you're mentioning the Phils for.

But who cares, right? You don't care if a bunch of innocent people die in the Philippines. Or, at least not as much as folks in Boston. That's fine. Nobody is saying you have to care more or less. I consider myself a fairly worldly person, who has traveled to some neat places and met good people. It expands my world view and causes me to feel more emotionally attached to international suffering and death.

It's not our job to heal the world, but it is our job (as Americans, and that of our political leaders) to not actively work to create conflict and rip it apart.

[quote name='berzirk']What in the name of Roger Clemens steroid swollen head are you talking about? I don't even know what the Yankees did, but in the grand scheme of things, unless the corpse of Steinbrenner dove atop an explosion to save the public, I don't see how they could do much to help. Nothing wrong with having a good thought for the people who are hurt, and families of the dead. I don't really think anyone has spoken out against that.

Also, totally baffled about why you brought up the Philippines. Maybe you're Filipino? Dunno. I spent 4 weeks there and loved my time. Crime is really bad, terrorist fringe groups roam around the jungle, but comparing a third world country's internal strife to the US is...well...I have no idea what you're mentioning the Phils for.

But who cares, right? You don't care if a bunch of innocent people die in the Philippines. Or, at least not as much as folks in Boston. That's fine. Nobody is saying you have to care more or less. I consider myself a fairly worldly person, who has traveled to some neat places and met good people. It expands my world view and causes me to feel more emotionally attached to international suffering and death.

It's not our job to heal the world, but it is our job (as Americans, and that of our political leaders) to not actively work to create conflict and rip it apart.[/QUOTE]

We all can't be "citizens of the world" like you and Benjamin Franklin.

For the rest of us, the average american, I think it is both fair and safe to say that we care more about what happens domestically then we ever would or should care about what occurs internationally.

You can make comments in jest and imply that it is silly and pointless for people to post about, talk about, and find unique ways to say they are thinking of Boston but to try and make a tragedy that occurred stateside look less tragic or important because "this stuff happens every day in other parts of the world" is fucking retarded.

It's not our job to heal the world, but it is our job (as Americans, and that of our political leaders) to not actively work to create conflict and rip it apart.

Yeah because all the blame for the turmoil halfway across the world can be placed squarely at the feet of our government. You sound like you're one degree away from calling me an infidel.

[quote name='GBAstar']We all can't be "citizens of the world" like you and Benjamin Franklin.

For the rest of us, the average american, I think it is both fair and safe to say that we care more about what happens domestically then we ever would or should care about what occurs internationally.

You can make comments in jest and imply that it is silly and pointless for people to post about, talk about, and find unique ways to say they are thinking of Boston but to try and make a tragedy that occurred stateside look less tragic or important because "this stuff happens every day in other parts of the world" is fucking retarded.

Yeah because all the blame for the turmoil halfway across the world can be placed squarely at the feet of our government. You sound like you're one degree away from calling me an infidel.[/QUOTE]

OK, I don't mean this as an insult, like, "hey man, you're a jackass!", I mean it in the scientific sense. Are you an idiot?

You're arguing about a point that you brought up, and nobody else has contested. Nobody is saying folks shouldn't find their own way to feel better about the Boston thing. Literally, nobody I've heard or seen said that.

Your complete lack of understanding about American foreign policy over the past...long ass time, means that you're speaking with zero knowledge. Read a fucking book, or at least have somebody read a Wikipedia page or two to you. If you don't think that over the past 60+ years, our country has made colossal international blunders, been responsible for killing thousands upon thousands, and have actively helped destabilize parts of the world, then I might as well be having this conversation with my one year old. He poops in his pants.

Start with Vietnam, and read through to 4/17/2013 on American foreign policy. Spend some time on American support of Afghanistan, Saddam Hussein, Israeli expansion, Cuba and Latin America. If you still think America is a flawless beacon of hope, then let me know and I'll end the conversation with you immediately.

And the infidel blast? WTF man. Please explain that one to me. I don't want to assume things, so help me out on the choice to use that word, in that sentence.

[quote name='berzirk']

You're arguing about a point that you brought up, and nobody else has contested. Nobody is saying folks shouldn't find their own way to feel better about the Boston thing. Literally, nobody I've heard or seen said that.

[/QUOTE]

Have you read through any of the post regarding this topic? If you have, and I'm going to assume you have, you really are going to sit here and say no one has trivialized the outpour of support that the city of Boston has seen in the past two days on social media settings? You're saying that?

[quote name='GBAstar']Have you read through any of the post regarding this topic? If you have, and I'm going to assume you have, you really are going to sit here and say no one has trivialized the outpour of support that the city of Boston has seen in the past two days on social media settings? You're saying that?[/QUOTE]

Do me a favor. Quote em. My rag is on too tight, and it's affecting my eyesight.

You might want to loosen it up.

This will dominate the airwaves alot more, and it will move Americans alot more than the fact that earlier today in Iraq, over 37 people died and over 140 injured in 20 separate attacks over the coming elections.

its just a bunch of yay we are american's and bostonians and we stand together with love BS on twitter and facebook for a week and then its over.

We export more violence than any other country on the planet, then self gratify ourselves with a raging patriotism hardon anytime something happens to us.

^ who wrote that?

The exporting violence is one aspect, then there's the fact that the bombing at Boston wasn't even the most deadly bombing that day 31 people killed and 200 injured in bombings in Iraq.

Hurray for patriotism! herpa derpa durp

It makes me laugh all this faux outrage that people are focused on a Saudi for whatever reason.

There's a fucking reason these people are deemed suspicious by members of the public, especially when they're running away from a bomb blast. The people making a connection are not too blame for anything, the saudi's who have committed terrorist acts are. Whatever the eventual reality turns out to be doesn't change that one bit.

Liberals are so stuck up on race and religion about everything. Twitter was incredible, after a nasty terrorist attack, all people were intent on doing was telling people not to blame Muslims until all the facts are known. The idea you cannot make a connection to Muslims after a terrorist attack is absurd, given the majority of terrorist attacks these days are by Muslims.

If i see a Saudi man running away from where a bomb explosion just happened with some old white guy, or some little black woman, im gonna feel a little safer stepping towards them rather than a Saudi man...what's the big kerfuffle over that?

People argue with me about this and say stupid stuff like ''Not every Muslim is a terrorist'' No fucking shit. But a LOT of terrorists ARE Muslims, and a lot of Muslims look arab. Therefore it's not out of the realms of possibility after a bomb blast to be aware of this. So any outrage over a Saudi being tackled is really just looking to vent about agenda's already held & totally abstract from the fucking incident.

After such a nasty attack i expected the aftermath to be one of sympathy, shock, anger....patriotic defiance etc etc.
But it seems a large liberal base care more about trying to label people idiots for associating anything Muslim/arab related without any facts. And on here we saw the usual anti American crap by certain people.

Seriously an 8 yr old boy wearing a top saying 'No more hurting people' gets killed by a bomb & numerous other having to have limbs amputated, and some dudes first reaction is to say....''Well now we know how they feel with our drones''

What the fuck is wrong with you people

[quote name='GBAstar']You might want to loosen it up.

^ who wrote that?[/QUOTE]

None of that had to do with trivializing the support for Boston.

[quote name='pyschonerd']It makes me laugh all this faux outrage that people are focused on a Saudi for whatever reason.

There's a fucking reason these people are deemed suspicious by members of the public, especially when they're running away from a bomb blast. The people making a connection are not too blame for anything, the saudi's who have committed terrorist acts are. Whatever the eventual reality turns out to be doesn't change that one bit.

Liberals are so stuck up on race and religion about everything. Twitter was incredible, after a nasty terrorist attack, all people were intent on doing was telling people not to blame Muslims until all the facts are known. The idea you cannot make a connection to Muslims after a terrorist attack is absurd, given the majority of terrorist attacks these days are by Muslims.

If i see a Saudi man running away from where a bomb explosion just happened with some old white guy, or some little black woman, im gonna feel a little safer stepping towards them rather than a Saudi man...what's the big kerfuffle over that?

People argue with me about this and say stupid stuff like ''Not every Muslim is a terrorist'' No fucking shit. But a LOT of terrorists ARE Muslims, and a lot of Muslims look arab. Therefore it's not out of the realms of possibility after a bomb blast to be aware of this. So any outrage over a Saudi being tackled is really just looking to vent about agenda's already held & totally abstract from the fucking incident.

After such a nasty attack i expected the aftermath to be one of sympathy, shock, anger....patriotic defiance etc etc.
But it seems a large liberal base care more about trying to label people idiots for associating anything Muslim/arab related without any facts. And on here we saw the usual anti American crap by certain people.

Seriously an 8 yr old boy wearing a top saying 'No more hurting people' gets killed by a bomb & numerous other having to have limbs amputated, and some dudes first reaction is to say....''Well now we know how they feel with our drones''

What the fuck is wrong with you people[/QUOTE]

Why are you outraged? It wasn't even the most deadly attack that day :roll:

None of that had to do with trivializing the support for Boston.

Not not at all. Not one bit.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']None of that had to do with trivializing the support for Boston.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think so either. Which brings me back to the question of whether or not this guy is clinically an idiot. Not for having an opinion, but for having a wildly uneducated one.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pyschonerd']
People argue with me about this and say stupid stuff like ''Not every Muslim is a terrorist'' No fucking shit. But a LOT of terrorists ARE Muslims, and a lot of Muslims look arab. Therefore it's not out of the realms of possibility after a bomb blast to be aware of this. So any outrage over a Saudi being tackled is really just looking to vent about agenda's already held & totally abstract from the fucking incident.[/QUOTE]

20% of the global Muslim population is arab. Please define "a lot". Indonesia is the world's largest Muslim country.

Patriotic defiance like when a mosque was firebombed because a guy who got caught in a Portland, OR bomb plot sting operation apparently prayed there a handful of times? Patriotic defiance of the Constitution, where all men are created equal? Patriotic defiance where people are innocent until proven guilty? What do you want people to be patriotically defiant about? Fear of brown people with beards and an accent?

What the fuck is wrong with you people

I think a lot of us are wondering with the fuck is wrong with people.

[quote name='Calipso']There is already a long thread in the OT if you guys wanna check it out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is the VS forum flavored version.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Unemployed college degree single. WE ALL CAN DO THIS!!!?!?! Good has come from tragedy![/QUOTE]

I'm going to go with overweight cartoon character.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...620160-a6e3-11e2-9e1c-bb0fb0c2edd9_story.html

NEW YORK — Fox has pulled from websites a recent episode of “Family Guy” that depicts mass deaths at the Boston Marathon, and has no immediate plans to air it again.

Fox spokeswoman Gaude Paez said Tuesday the episode has been removed from Fox.com and Hulu.com.

In the episode, protagonist Peter Griffin is asked by sports announcer Bob Costas about his performance at the marathon. A flashback shows Peter mowing down runners with his car.

“I’ll tell ya, Bob, I just got in my car and drove it,” Griffin says. “And when there was a guy in my way, I killed him.”

Later, Peter befriends a terrorist who, unbeknownst to him, is plotting to blow up a bridge. When Peter dials a cellphone the friend has given him, explosions and screams are heard. On some websites, an edited clip has been circulating that fuses the two scenes, making it seem — incorrectly — as if the explosion was at the marathon. Some commenters have implied that the show “predicted” the bombings.

“Family Guy” creator Seth MacFarlane took to Twitter on Tuesday to vent anger over the edited clip and offer condolences to victims of Monday’s bombings at the marathon.

“The edited ‘Family Guy’ clip currently circulating is abhorrent,” MacFarlane tweeted. “The event was a crime and a tragedy, and my thoughts are with the victims.”

Im curious as to the motives of the people who merged the two clips. Did they want to make Family Guy look bad? Were they trying to make a joke? Are people just so bored and apathetic that they look for humor in anything now?

^ I dunno. I haven't even seen the spliced clip.

I just found it silly (for lack of a better word) that people would believe "Family Guy" predicted the bombing. But then again people believed that a rapper predicted the events of 9/11..

[quote name='perdition(troy']With a lot more snark and a pinch of prejudice.[/QUOTE]

Funny, I always thought it was the otherway around.

[quote name='perdition(troy']With a lot more snark and a pinch of prejudice.[/QUOTE]

Haha bro, you sure it's just a pinch?

[quote name='pyschonerd']It makes me laugh all this faux outrage that people are focused on a Saudi for whatever reason.

What the fuck is wrong with you people[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GBAstar']
I just found it silly (for lack of a better word) that people would believe "Family Guy" predicted the bombing. But then again people believed that a rapper predicted the events of 9/11..[/QUOTE]They didn't. They are trolling.

[quote name='IRHari']Haha bro, you sure it's just a pinch?[/QUOTE]

Correlation might not imply causation, but there's still a correlation, and statistics don't lie. Businesses around the world spends billions of dollars every year profiling people to better target consumers. And there's a reason they do it: it works. I don't care what you say: people from similar areas/cultures tend to think and act in similar ways.

So is the Muslim guy running from the scene guilty because he's Muslim? Of course not. But between the Muslim guy, the old white guy and the black lady, the Muslim guy is statistically more likely to be a terrorist.

bread's done
Back