2 Explosions at Boston Marathon

• Please log in to reply
450 replies to this topic

#391 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

We had our share of being messed with in the past.

Really? I'm being serious. Who occupied the United States of America, tried to change our form of government, support a coup, or established military bases here? It's entirely possible it has happened, I'm just not aware.

#392 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

Really? I'm being serious. Who occupied the United States of America, tried to change our form of government, support a coup, or established military bases here? It's entirely possible it has happened, I'm just not aware.

I have to go to work, but quickly I do know that the British supplied weapons to the indians to fight us because they didn't like that we traded with France etc etc

Edit: Oh and the occupation of New York, New Orleans, and D.C. (not to mention the burning of D.C.). The burning of Buffalo, which is where I live :). But I am sure we as Americans did something to deserve it. We are just an evil people.

I feel as though if we didn't have an ocean separating us, we would of had a lot more interference from the europeans. Today globalization and technological advances have changed that. Anyone can stick their nose into anyones business.

Edited by Knoell, 01 May 2013 - 09:40 PM.

#393 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

I have to go to work, but quickly I do know that the British supplied weapons to the indians to fight us because they didn't like that we traded with France etc etc

I feel as though if we didn't have an ocean separating us, we would of had a lot more interference from the europeans. Today globalization and technological advances has changed that. Anyone can stick their nose into anyones business.

Maybe. The British, French, and Spanish were pretty cool with getting on ships and fucking other people's territories up though (Middle East, SE Asia, Africa, Central and South America). Between missionaries and Imperialism, I think that's the root of about 75% of the world's problems today.

#394 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

The difference is that the US despite it's mistakes does much more to be an anchor for the world than any of you give it credit for.

Really Knoell? Anchor? You do know our governments purpose has been destabilization of various regions. Anchor for ourselves, yes. But let's not delude ourselves, the complete and total opposite of anchor for the rest of the world.

Does an anchor ignore international law? Law that they set up? Invade nations at will?

Does an anchor destabilize democratically elected governments in it's own backyard (and elsewhere of course)?

Does an anchor support dictators against the will of the population?

Does an anchor support the training of torturers, human rights abusers, and terrorists?

Does an anchor stonewall moves toward secularism and foment religious zealotry?

Does an anchor sell weapons to armies and militias in civil conflicts which commit horrendous atrocities?

Does an anchor harbor terrorists and refuse to extradite them?

Does an anchor spread radioactive material all over foreign lands which cause major birth defects in newborns? And refuse to clean it up?

Does an anchor force UN sanctions (which even its allies oppose) that MURDER 3000 children (only counting age 5 and under) a month for 10 years?

Not surprising that you would be ignorant of the above. (Read the quote in my sig.) If you contest any of those points or want more info, let me know. I'd be glad to inform.
Posted Image

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them." - George Orwell

#395 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

Really Knoell? Anchor? You do know our governments purpose has been destabilization of various regions. Anchor for ourselves, yes. But let's not delude ourselves, the complete and total opposite of anchor for the rest of the world.

Does an anchor ignore international law? Law that they set up? Invade nations at will?

Does an anchor destabilize democratically elected governments in it's own backyard (and elsewhere of course)?

Does an anchor support dictators against the will of the population?

Does an anchor support the training of torturers, human rights abusers, and terrorists?

Does an anchor stonewall moves toward secularism and foment religious zealotry?

Does an anchor sell weapons to armies and militias in civil conflicts which commit horrendous atrocities?

Does an anchor harbor terrorists and refuse to extradite them?

Does an anchor spread radioactive material all over foreign lands which cause major birth defects in newborns? And refuse to clean it up?

Does an anchor force UN sanctions (which even its allies oppose) that MURDER 3000 children (only counting age 5 and under) a month for 10 years?

Not surprising that you would be ignorant of the above. (Read the quote in my sig.) If you contest any of those points or want more info, let me know. I'd be glad to inform.

1. You don't have a quote.

2. You ignore all the good we do in the world. You either ignore it, or you are ignorent of it, or you devalue it so much, that you don't think it amounts to anything.

3. I am well aware of the wrongs the US has committed. That's not to say I agree with the accurracy of the of everything you listed. Are you aware that the rest of the world does similar things? Be against them all you want, but get real man.

Either way, you are ignorant. I am real, our country is run by people, and people are flawed. Therefore we will do some bad things, among the many great things.

#396 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

It's much harder to criticize your own country than it is to criticize someone else's.
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#397 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

It's much harder to criticize your own country than it is to criticize someone else's.

Tell that to the citizens of the other ~ 195 countries in the world.

#398 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

1. You don't have a quote.

2. You ignore all the good we do in the world. You either ignore it, or you are ignorent of it, or you devalue it so much, that you don't think it amounts to anything.

3. I am well aware of the wrongs the US has committed. That's not to say I agree with the accurracy of the of everything you listed. Are you aware that the rest of the world does similar things? Be against them all you want, but get real man.

Either way, you are ignorant. I am real, our country is run by people, and people are flawed. Therefore we will do some bad things, among the many great things.

Quote? You mean a source? What do you want to know? No problem giving you any.

"All the good"??? What? You mean all the "charity" we give? All the anti-democracy we spread? How about perpetuating global inequality foisting up the global plutocracy which exists? How about all the rampant war we create directly and indirectly? And that #1 arms dealer honor we have? Hows that for creating good? How about force feeding neoliberal policies down the throats of weaker nations? You have one part right, we do evil. You just want to wrap it up in lovely wrapping paper and say we are a force for good. Here's some math: 3000x12x10 Figure that out and let me know how many lives that is. "We think the price is worth it."
Posted Image

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them." - George Orwell

#399 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

Tell that to the citizens of the other ~ 195 countries in the world.

According to this "logic," no one should've criticized the British, French, Portugese, Roman Mongol, etc empires. All EQUALLY culpable! Kumbaya! You know, those Maldives! They done a whole lotta bad! Worse than the rest!
Posted Image

#400 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

According to this "logic," no one should've criticized the British, French, Portugese, Roman Mongol, etc empires. All EQUALLY culpable! Kumbaya! You know, those Maldives! They done a whole lotta bad! Worse than the rest!

Right so a country that kills its own (and others) using the highly effective "child wearing dynamite vest" all while telling the child that the explosion won't harm him can cast the first stone?

Gotcha.

#401 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

Right so a country that kills its own (and others) using the highly effective "child wearing dynamite vest" all while telling the child that the explosion won't harm him can cast the first stone?

Gotcha.

Name me a country that does this. Yeah, didn't think so. You are such a stupid ignorant Fuck. It's truly amazing. Really, it truly is. You don't even know :whee:YOUR OWN HISTORY \\:D/and you spew this rubbish on other countries which you know even less about.

Time to hit dem books you so don't like to read. And you know what? Why don't you go home, read some factual books (Lim-baa doesn't count), and THEN come talk to the grown-ups.
Posted Image

#402 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

Out of all those empires, I'm disappointed that you didn't mention the Ottomans.:lol:
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#403 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

Out of all those empires, I'm disappointed that you didn't mention the Ottomans.:lol:

I would mention the Armenian empire before them... haha.
Posted Image

#404 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

Gotcha.

I don't think there's really any "country" that sends child suicide bombers out and about.

At least, there's none with that as an official policy, so far as I can recall.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#405 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

Whats funny, is that one side says America sucks and the other side say America is great... One side haven't made America better, while the other side have no incentive on making America better..

Sounds like a impasse to me...

I still enjoy watching all the media waste their time talking about how unfair a poor white girl spent 4 years in jail in Italy when we have hundreds of people ( mainly minorities who spent 5 to 6x the amount of time locked up for crimes that they didn't commit ) IN AMERICA...

Of course its so much easier to accuse and provoke outrage at other countries without looking onself in the mirror. We are one shameful nation, one can't help but understand why everyone else outside the USA hate us.. Some one who pushes moral authority that one self don't have... is a dangerous combination

#406 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

Gov't ( USA ) sanctioned terrorism kills thousands of innocents and anti-gov't terrorist kills hundreds of innocent people...

Only two sides with the middle who pays for the crimes of either side.

One side just happens to have a well funded well oiled corporate media/propaganda machine working for them

#407 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:54 AM

Quote? You mean a source? What do you want to know? No problem giving you any.

"All the good"??? What? You mean all the "charity" we give? All the anti-democracy we spread? How about perpetuating global inequality foisting up the global plutocracy which exists? How about all the rampant war we create directly and indirectly? And that #1 arms dealer honor we have? Hows that for creating good? How about force feeding neoliberal policies down the throats of weaker nations? You have one part right, we do evil. You just want to wrap it up in lovely wrapping paper and say we are a force for good. Here's some math: 3000x12x10 Figure that out and let me know how many lives that is. "We think the price is worth it."

Well if you can't or are unwilling to acknowledge that the US does good then I am going to revert to the same reasoning and say "what bad? Oh you mean those little things? Meh"

#408 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

I don't think there's really any "country" that sends child suicide bombers out and about.

At least, there's none with that as an official policy, so far as I can recall.

There are many countries that use children soldiers to fight their battles.

#409 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

There are many countries that use children soldiers to fight their battles.

Man, he was talking about "child suicide bombers" or somethign like that he heard from Rush Lim-baaaaaa. Child soldiers is another issue and who's supplying them with weapons? Could it quite possibly be the :twoguns:#1 :twoguns: arms dealer in the world? Yay, we are #1!!!! #1!! #1!!! 'Merica rah rah rah!!!!

So, tell us what good do we do?

Is it as good as this?
Posted Image
Thank you dear generous USA for depositing nuclear weapons (DU) upon Iraq. Yet another gift of goodness you donate to others!!!!

EDIT: It was necessary to make proper use of emoticons once I found the perfect twoguns one. Just now learning the magic of emoticons! :whee:

Edited by joeboosauce, 03 May 2013 - 09:54 PM.
Proper use of emoticons.

Posted Image

#410 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

Man, he was talking about "child suicide bombers" or somethign like that he heard from Rush Lim-baaaaaa. Child soldiers is another issue and who's supplying them with weapons? Could it quite possibly be the #1 arms dealer in the world? Yay, we are #1!!!! #1!! #1!!! 'Merica rah rah rah!!!!

No actually the most recent information I have seen on child bombers was on a show produced by your man Bill Maher and if IIRC that episode featured one segment on child soldiers in the Phillipines and another on children bombers and Afghans kills Afghans in Kabul

Edited by GBAstar, 03 May 2013 - 05:19 PM.

#411 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

No actually the most recent information I have seen on child bombers was on a show produced by your man Bill Maher and if IIRC that episode featured one segment on child soldiers in the Phillipines and another on children bombers and Afghans kills Afghans in Kabul

Why would you ASS-ume Maher is my man? Did you see me and hanging out at the mall?

How about you go read up on
:whee:YOUR OWN HISTORY \\:D/
Posted Image

#412 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

Goddamn that kid is sprouting yams. His family will never go hungry again.

#413 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

Now before people get their panties all bunch up about child soliders, it also go on in the USA... Ok maybe we ain't sending 10 or 11 year olds to war, but we sure are sending 17 year olds there, we are recruiting kids starting from 16 and training them so we can deploy them when they are 18.

In those countries the most uneducated and poor kids are all drafted into the military, funny in America it is the same thing... The kids with the least education and economic status ends up in the military too

#414 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

Goddamn that kid is sprouting yams. His family will never go hungry again.

And the above line is a great example which sums up the mode of existence of a certain type of American. That statement sums up your soul and essence. So sad...
Posted Image

#415 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

And the above line is a great example which sums up the mode of existence of a certain type of American. That statement sums up your soul and essence. So sad...

Lighten up, Francis.;)

#416 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

Lighten up, Francis.;)

I'd like to lighten up but with people who support atrocities such as the picture above, I can't feel anything but contempt their kind. Who wants to kill and torture kids like this? I'm sure all people of conscience feel the same way about their kind.
Posted Image

#417 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

The "bin Laden of America"...

#418 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

OK...I think you might be using "country" and "disorganized band of foreign militia" interchangeably. There are COUNTRIES who as a means of fighting wars, strap dynamite to their children, and tell them it will be fine, just go kill some foreigners?

There are some major legal differences between the two. I'm not sure you understand that, because it seems like in your mind there are two groups in this world: Americans from America, and foreigners from Foreignastan.

#419 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

OK...I think you might be using "country" and "disorganized band of foreign militia" interchangeably. There are COUNTRIES who as a means of fighting wars, strap dynamite to their children, and tell them it will be fine, just go kill some foreigners?

There are some major legal differences between the two. I'm not sure you understand that, because it seems like in your mind there are two groups in this world: Americans from America, and foreigners from Foreignastan.

Yes that is my gaffe.

I didn't mean to suggest that there is a country out there that unilaterally recognizes that tactic as a means of warfare it whole heartily supports. Except maybe in the instance of the war in Vietnam...

However some countries don't have a single recognized central government and these tactics are being used and supported by groups that at least represent a marginal amount of political influence and power.

#420 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

Man, he was talking about "child suicide bombers" or somethign like that he heard from Rush Lim-baaaaaa. Child soldiers is another issue and who's supplying them with weapons? Could it quite possibly be the #1 \\:D/ arms dealer in the world? Yay, we are #1!!!! #1!! #1!!! 'Merica rah rah rah!!!!

Is it as good as this?
Thank you dear generous USA for depositing nuclear weapons (DU) upon Iraq. Yet another gift of goodness you donate to others!!!!

You are quite an obnoxious person.

I'm not sure you have any idea of what you are talking about.

It is almost as if you are just googling US terrorism and posting whatever you can dig up with no context or reference.

For one, "we are killing 3,000 children a day with sanctions even our allies oppose"

Between 2006 and 2010, America got the UN Security Council to adopt six resolutions authorizing multilateral sanctions against Iran - also with limited impact, because China and Russia refused to allow any resolution to pass that would have harmed their interests in Iran

Oh, the saviors Russia and China! The champions of human rights and salvation of the people!

Hahahahaha.

They don't even treat their own people right. Not to mention their motives for being against sanctions aren't based on their heart of gold.