Sony Store - 50% Off Last Marked Clearance Price - YMMV!

@FIF

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Popped into the Sony Store in Pentagon City, VA to kill time while waiting for a Genius Bar appointment next door and stumbled on a great sale - all red tagged clearance items are 50% off the last marked price. There was official signage, so this may be at all Sony Stores.

EDIT: To be clear, these were (or would be) final prices. Tag prices were 2x what's listed below. Prices were reduced at by 50% at checkout.

EDIT2: CAG's are reporting that their stores aren't offering discounts or are discounting at different rates. Looks very YMMV.

I picked up --

Journel Collectors Ed: $10
Killzone Trilogy: $15
Lollipop Chainsaw: $5
Mass Effect Trilogy: $20
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection: $10
Metal Gear Rising: $25

Also saw (PS3) --

Assassin's Creed Ezio Trilogy: $15
Assassin's Creed III: $20
Borderlands 2: $20
Crysis 3: $25
Dead Island GOTY: $7.50
Dishonored: $20
DMC: $25
Infamous Collection: $12.50
Lego Batman 2: $12.50
Max Payne 3: $12.50
MLB 12 The Show: $7.50
Need for Speed Most Wanted: $25
Prototype 2 (Radnet): $10
Resident Evil 6: $15
Sleeping Dogs: $15
Walking Dead Survival Instinct: $20

And a few Vita games --

Lego Lord of the Rings: $7.50
Reality Fighters: $5
Resistance Burning Skies: $10
Silent Hill BoM $10
Smart As: $5

Oh, and Aliens Colonial Marines for $15. That sure hit the floor quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Saix_XIII']Dang $25 for DMC and $5 for Smart As...$30 for both would buy in an instant.[/QUOTE]

I almost bit on Smart As, but P4G is going to occupy my card slot for the foreseeable future.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Damn! Why can't I have a Sony store near me? :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

So much this!

If any generous CAG is able to pick up Smart As... and ship it to me, I can Paypal them $10.

I probably already know the answer to this one...but on the off chance that I'm wrong. Are the 3G Vita systems that are on clearance part of the extra 50% off?

[quote name='MR_E']I probably already know the answer to this one...but on the off chance that I'm wrong. Are the 3G Vita systems that are on clearance part of the extra 50% off?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. In the Fashion Mall on the second floor, right next to the Apple Store. There's Microsoft Store on the first floor, too.

[quote name='MR_E']I probably already know the answer to this one...but on the off chance that I'm wrong. Are the 3G Vita systems that are on clearance part of the extra 50% off?[/QUOTE]

No red tags on consoles or accessories that I saw. I guess we'll find out tomorrow if this is just my store or national and if any hardware is discounted.

Nearest Sony store is like 1 hour 30 minutes away. Not sure if I should risk the trip on the store not being sold out and having this sale.

Nearest one is a 30 minute drive away...don't know whether it's worth considering most stuff is probably sold out and this doesn't seem to be in other stores

Nearest store is 326 miles away.... 10 hour car ride HERE I COME! (jk)

I would ask if anyone could get me stuff but after shipping and the added trouble of doing so, might not even be worth it.

[quote name='@FIF']Popped into the Sony Store in Pentagon City, VA to kill time while waiting for a Genius Bar appointment next door and stumbled on a great sale - all red tagged clearance items are 50% off the last marked price. There was official signage, so this may be at all Sony Stores.

I picked up --

Journel Collectors Ed: $10
Killzone Trilogy: $15
Lollipop Chainsaw: $5
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection: $10
Metal Gear Rising: $25

Also saw (PS3) --

Assassin's Creed Ezio Trilogy: $15
Assassin's Creed III: $20
Crysis 3: $25
Dead Island GOTY: $7.50
DMC: $25
Infamous Collection: $12.50
Lego Batman 2: $12.50
Prototype 2 (Radnet): $10
Resident Evil 6: $15

And a few Vita games:
Reality Fighters: $5
Resistance Burning Skies: $10
Smart As: $5

Oh, and Aliens Colonial Marines for $15. That sure hit the floor quickly.[/QUOTE]

That's the sony store I go to! Have to check this sale out, even though I'm more into wii u games right now.

A couple of good deals here for sure. I've got a store in town, but I'll have to call and check pricing and inventory before I make the 30 minute trip.

Is this sale different from the sale a few weeks ago? My sony store is completely dry. I'd hope they would get more inventory.

thanks for the heads up OP! Will be dropping by the Century City store tomorrow morning and will report back :)

[quote name='zeldaking']I would have gotten these

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection: $10[/QUOTE]

I would have cleaned them out of both.

[quote name='AionTelos']Sexy find. I don't think Sony knows what an Ohio is though haha[/QUOTE]

Sure they do since they are Japanese. 'Ohayou' means good morning.
Oh you meant Ohio the state, sorry :D

[quote name='hpv']I would have cleaned them out of both.[/QUOTE]

I did clean out MGS HD. Only took two MS Trilogies. Three left.

[quote name='rioskenny']can someone from puerto rico tell me if these offers are here too? last time i wasted my time going to the store :|[/QUOTE]

Why should any of us waste our time looking this up for YOU? Google it, or call the store.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Any confirmations of this at other stores?[/QUOTE]

Sale has been on going since last month. Not sure if stores got restocked recently since most CAGers reports that their stores were cleared out.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Any confirmations of this at other stores?[/QUOTE]

I would assume so based on the previous thread that @strait edge follower posted last month.

[quote name='strait edge follower']looks like this is an add on to the sony store sale i posted a few weeks back. imma stop by there tommorow. thanks op :D[/QUOTE]

Heading out to the NYC Store? If so let me know if anything is left. Won't be in the city until end of the week.

[quote name='Marauder7']I would assume so based on the previous thread that @strait edge follower posted last month.[/QUOTE]

We've also seen different stores do different things with additional sales, though.

[quote name='FadeToOne']We've also seen different stores do different things with additional sales, though.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking their trying to clear out the older titles to make room for the upcoming games. Last time I was at the Sony Store most of the titles mentioned in the post were already gone.

Just got back from the NYC store...the store is still barren.

I saw...Lollipop for $9.97, ME Trilogy $40, MG Rising $50 (or $59 can't remember exactly) and RE 6 $30.
They also had AC III and AC Ezio Trilogy but I didn't check the prices. No other PS3 game listed in the OP was even in the store and none seemed to be at those super attractive prices. I went to the guy and mentioned they hadn't gotten stock in a while and asked if they would be stocking more games in the future. His answer was sorta unsure so we may be out of luck in the future out here.

-Spice

[quote name='SpiceHustle29']Just got back from the NYC store...the store is still barren.

I saw...Lollipop for $9.97, ME Trilogy $40, MG Rising $50 (or $59 can't remember exactly) and RE 6 $30.
They also had AC III and AC Ezio Trilogy but I didn't check the prices. No other PS3 game listed in the OP was even in the store and none seemed to be at those super attractive prices. I went to the guy and mentioned they hadn't gotten stock in a while and asked if they would be stocking more games in the future. His answer was sorta unsure so we may be out of luck in the future out here.

-Spice[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. Would love to get a copy of lollipop but pretty sure it'll be gone by the time I get there.

[quote name='SpiceHustle29']Just got back from the NYC store...the store is still barren.

-Spice[/QUOTE]

Those were tag prices at my store, but there was a sign for an extra 50% off last price. Like this:

dqrcpl.jpg

A but hard to read on the resized photo, but under PS3 Clearance games it says "Off Already Reduced Prices" and "All Sales are Final"

[quote name='thenuke1']wonder if the Camarillo store (or even the woodland hills location) has the same deal[/QUOTE]

Woodland Hills doesn't exist any longer, does it? I cleaned them out of Vita merch months ago. Maybe it's still there and I just ignore it?

[quote name='@FIF']Those were tag prices at my store, but there was a sign for an extra 50% off last price. Like this:

dqrcpl.jpg

A but hard to read on the resized photo, but under PS3 Clearance games it says "Off Already Reduced Prices" and "All Sales are Final"[/QUOTE]

That must be a Sony store in Australia.

Anyone knows if Pes 2013 is included on the sale, I have Fifa 13 , but I have heard good things about Pes 2013, so I wanna give it a try if I can get it cheap

I was just at a Sony Store in Tysons corner, and they had different prices. They offered 30% off the red-tagged games, so ME trilogy came out to $35, AC trilogy $20.

But on the plus side,

Vita SFxTekken came out to $16, Silent Hill Book $14, and Hot Shots $7

No Lolipop Chainsaw though. Boo.

Has anyone had any luck trying to get Sony Stores to PM each other?

bread's done
Back