Photo
- - - - -

Sony Store - 50% Off Last Marked Clearance Price - YMMV!

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#121 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

I'll make a trip to Best Buy today, I will let anyone know if I'm able to price match

#122 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

Anyone else have any receipts to post.........?

I'm looking for receipts that have the cheap games in the listing.

#123 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

i dont think the sony store in on bestbuys list of retailers to match but my word if i could get lucky with this lol

Edited by strait edge follower, 17 April 2013 - 05:41 PM.

Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#124 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

Why would Best Buy pricematch a boutique store like Sony Style? These hardly exist anywhere. Furthermore, what store price matches another's clearance? Good luck with that.

#125 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

Why would Best Buy pricematch a boutique store like Sony Style? These hardly exist anywhere. Furthermore, what store price matches another's clearance? Good luck with that.

Can't blame those CAGs for trying. I have seen crazier PMs.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#126 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

If your Sony store/outlet is within 25 miles of your BB, they should PM the prices there. I called and the one near a Sony store said they'd match as long as it was in stock.
Posted Image

#127 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

Hrm. They're in one of the nicer malls in Northern Virginia. Interesting that it's technically an outlet. Never heard that before. Sucks that so few stores are running the promo. Shots of my receipts are under spoiler tags on off chance they'll help someone PM (and to prove that the deal was, at some point, live).

Spoiler

Thanks for posting those pics. If it's not too much trouble, could you upload a version of the second receipt that has the price for Mass Effect Trilogy? It's juuuust cut off at the bottom.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#128 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

awww man the receipts say ”clearance” on them. theres no way bestbuy will match these :(
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#129 BABETOOTH

BABETOOTH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

Just got back from my store @ Madison Ave.(NYC) and they did not have the extra 50% off. I even had them scan a game and it came out as marked. Disappointed to say the least. May go back next Monday but not holding my breath since the games I was most interested on (Journey and NCAA Football) were gone, unless they re-stock. But I doubt that very much.
Posted Image

Never underestimate the power of dumb people in large numbers!!!

#130 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

Just got back from my store @ Madison Ave.(NYC) and they did not have the extra 50% off. I even had them scan a game and it came out as marked. Disappointed to say the least. May go back next Monday but not holding my breath since the games I was most interested on (Journey and NCAA Football) were gone, unless they re-stock. But I doubt that very much.

whats left over there ?
Currently playing

#131 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

No additional discounts at the Valley Fair (San Jose) location. Tried to ring up Lego Batman (red tag marked $24.9x?) and it rung up at that price.

#132 Rasen

Rasen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Here's the thing: I'm pretty sure they'll all ring up at the price sticker listed. It's up to the clerk to apply the discount, which is why their name is shown next to the item being discounted.

Again, I don't have much hope for Sony Stores PMing other stores or vice versa, but again I wonder if Sony Stores will match each other?

#133 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

Here's the thing: I'm pretty sure they'll all ring up at the price sticker listed. It's up to the clerk to apply the discount, which is why their name is shown next to the item being discounted.

Again, I don't have much hope for Sony Stores PMing other stores or vice versa, but again I wonder if Sony Stores will match each other?

Clerk's name shows up on the receipt for normal sales too.

#134 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

NEWS:

BEST BUY WILL NOT PRICE MATCH IT.

ALSO, Wii 2GB cards are $2.99!

#135 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

Went back to PCity earlier today and the signage was down. I also got the line about it being a weekend offer even though I got the deal on a Monday (and from two different clerks, before and after my Genius Bar appointment).

I guess I'll try to swing by again over the weekend, but I'm not expecting much. Funny (and sad) how poorly staffed and organized the Sony store is compared to the Apple store right next door.

#136 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

Funny (and sad) how poorly staffed and organized the Sony store is compared to the Apple store right next door.

I find it ridiculous that Apple staff members are referred to as "Genius".

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#137 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

I find it ridiculous that Apple staff members are referred to as "Genius".

Hah. My daughter got hold of my phone and shattered the screen. Call them techs or grunts or whatever you want. I'll go with the company line when I'm treated well. :D

Damage was clearly my fault, but Genius Bar Man swapped my phone for a refurb. unit no questions asked. In and out in under 10 minutes. Even offered to copy my photos, etc. to a drive in case I didn't have a recent backup.

#138 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:04 AM

Hah. My daughter got hold of my phone and shattered the screen. Call them techs or grunts or whatever you want. I'll go with the company line when I'm treated well. :D

Damage was clearly my fault, but Genius Bar Man swapped my phone for a refurb. unit no questions asked. In and out in under 10 minutes. Even offered to copy my photos, etc. to a drive in case I didn't have a recent backup.

YEP, completely agree. Apple has THE best customer service, bar none.

#139 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:17 AM

YEP, completely agree. Apple has THE best customer service, bar none.

Completely disagree. Alienware does.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#140 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

Completely disagree. Alienware does.

#-o
You realize Alienware = Dell, right?

Also, http://www.jdpower.c...ess-release.htm

#141 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:00 AM

#-o
You realize Alienware = Dell, right?

Also, http://www.jdpower.c...ess-release.htm

Of course I do (Geez, what an insult to my intelligence :bomb:). But they have a dedicated customer service line. I don't know if you can still use it if you bought the machine at retail stores other than their site.

Dell's customer service is the absolute worst I have seen, they couldn't even give me the correct rack last time I bought a $5000 server.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#142 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:12 AM

Went back to PCity earlier today and the signage was down. I also got the line about it being a weekend offer even though I got the deal on a Monday (and from two different clerks, before and after my Genius Bar appointment).

I guess I'll try to swing by again over the weekend, but I'm not expecting much. Funny (and sad) how poorly staffed and organized the Sony store is compared to the Apple store right next door.

Yeah, I stopped by the store before closing (~9:20pm) and had them price-check ME Trilogy and MGR: Revengeance. Needless to say, I was disappointed that they were back up to $49.99. :cry:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#143 Chinese_cuisine

Chinese_cuisine

Dim Sum Yum Yum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

No additional discounts at the Valley Fair (San Jose) location. Tried to ring up Lego Batman (red tag marked $24.9x?) and it rung up at that price.

Were there any 32 gb vita memory cards on clearance?

#144 BloodiedWraith

BloodiedWraith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

I figured since I was in Vegas for vacation I'd checkout the Sony store - sadly no additional 50% off prices shown as another CAG pointed out. I would have loved Metal Gear Rising for $25.

#145 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

Depends on the store and rep that you speak to. My son dropped my iTouch and cracked the screen. Asked that I pay the fee to replaced iTouch which was almost the cost of a new iTouch. Eventually replaced it with a new iTouch 2 months later not because of the glass but the volume was stuck on up. Co-worker who accidentally dropped his iPhone in the pool was expecting to pay the 150 to replace the phone but gave him a free replacement.
Posted ImagePosted Image