Black Rock Shooter $19.99 PSP game

Will be getting it, at the very least support localization.

IMAG0217.jpg

so this is only gonna be a d.load now? I remember there was gonna be an actual physical version a while back. There was even a poll up to see if there would be a CE or something.

[quote name='Kenshindono']so this is only gonna be a d.load now? I remember there was gonna be an actual physical version a while back. There was even a poll up to see if there would be a CE or something.[/QUOTE]

Well that was like... 1.5 years ago now. Things have changed.

But yeah, it's quite disappointing to see NIS and XSEED switching over to releasing their PSP games as digital only when Aksys can still manage to give Sweet Fuse, a reverse harem dating sim game for crying out loud, a physical release later this year. Major props to Aksys for that.

[quote name='Kenshindono']so this is only gonna be a d.load now? I remember there was gonna be an actual physical version a while back. There was even a poll up to see if there would be a CE or something.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kingcz']Damn it took so long 4 this game to be localized. Also this game has a good intro song.[/QUOTE]

That's probably the reason why it took so long to come out, NISA was crunching the numbers to see if a physical and/or LE version would be financially worthwhile to release here in the states, and since it's DL only, I guess that answer is resoundingly....no.

IIRC, it was delayed because it was caught up in the licensing hell that Japan can be. By the time all the lawyers finished arguing, the Vita was out and a digital only release was decided on.

So anyone else playing this? Just finished Stage 1 and have been having a lot of fun with it. It's a no-nonsense combat RPG. You just go from mission to mission killing everything in your path with the occasional bit of dialogue interspersed throughout. There's almost no setup other than "You are Black Rock Shooter, humanity's last hope, now go kill some stuff". It's a nice change of pace from all the bullshit you'd normally need to deal with before you can get into an RPG.

Very simple battle system as well. You can shoot, guard, dodge, use skills (on cooldown) and items. The game starts out really easy, but the first stage boss (mission 5) definitely required you to learn their pattern. Well, assuming you wanna get through it without using items. Sadly, there's no retry option as I would've liked to replay the fight until I perfected it, but I'm too lazy to keep reloading my save. If you do die though, you can either choose to restart the mission but keep all your character progress and items, or reload your last save.

Overall a very pick up and play RPG that anyone can get into.

[quote name='UjnHunter']Retail or bust. Won't even think about Digital Only games > $9.99.[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way when XSEED released Corpse Party for 20 dollars, and as a result I still haven't played it because I feel enough time has passed that it should've gotten a price drop by now. In order to avoid that, I just gave in and grabbed this day-of-release for 16 dollars from a fellow CAG in the PSN code thread. Who knows, you might even be able to get it for cheaper.

[quote name='Axersia']Well that was like... 1.5 years ago now. Things have changed.

But yeah, it's quite disappointing to see NIS and XSEED switching over to releasing their PSP games as digital only when Aksys can still manage to give Sweet Fuse, a reverse harem dating sim game for crying out loud, a physical release later this year. Major props to Aksys for that.[/QUOTE]

Ya it was a while ago, thats why i thought it was just canceled. Still, that really really sucks. I dont buy digital only games, unless its a rare exception. Guess i wont be playing this

[quote name='uncle5555']That's probably the reason why it took so long to come out, NISA was crunching the numbers to see if a physical and/or LE version would be financially worthwhile to release here in the states, and since it's DL only, I guess that answer is resoundingly....no.[/QUOTE]

I do recall a test poll they put out about a LE version or something. I vouched to buy it but i guess they didn't get enough other people to do so. Really too bad, looked kinda interesting id have liked to play it

[quote name='UjnHunter']Retail or bust. Won't even think about Digital Only games > $9.99.[/QUOTE]

amen brother though im more like >7.99 or so.

By the way: What ever happened to the Trails game? I remember them promising it was coming then it disapeared

That reminds me I still need to find the money to buy:
Corpse Party: Book of Shadows
Final Fantasy III
Black Rock Shooter

I think that's about all that's left for me on the PSP store.

bread's done
Back