List of Xinput Controllers

Das_Regal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
113 (100%)
I think it'd be helpful if we maintained a list of controllers that can support Xinput without x360ce (thus big picture mode compatible). Make a post below if you have one to add and I'll edit it into the list.

Xbox 360 Controller
Price/hookup: $40/50 for Wired/Wireless variants.
Notes: The wireless is not bluetooth and thus requires a special adapter. Requires 2 AA batteries (and costs extra if you want to buy a rechargeable pack).

Logitech F310 Gamepad
Price/hookup: $25 for Wired
Notes: A decent controller at a good price for actual use, but the cord has a tendency to come out of the controller, breaking it. Can't recommend buying this.

Logitech F710 Gamepad
Price/hookup: $50 for Wireless w/ 2.4 GHZ USB "Nano Receiver"
Notes: The latency of the F710 is a bit less than with the wireless 360 controller, making a bit more responsible for PC gaming. It is roughly the same price though, and I think most people agree that the triggers aren't as good (it's closer to a PS3 controller).

Sony Dualshock 3
Price/hookup: $50, can be wireless or wired (charges/connects via mini USB)
Notes: Requires MotioninJoy, which is free and easy to use. Much better than x360ce and has universal compatibility with Xinput. Decent latency, but most people don't care for the convex sticks and triggers. But if you already own a PS3 and don't want to buy a new controller, this is an attractive choice.

I can personally recommend the Logitech F310. I haven't run across any problems with the cord popping out of the controller, and the F310 provides the option of switching between XInput and Direct Input. This is particularly useful if you are hoping to use your gamepad with older or less Microsoft-focused PCs. Thanks to this handy switch, I was able to get my F310 workin just fine on an old PowerPC Mac G5 running OSX ver 10.5.

Being an owner of the Logitech F710, I can't really recommend it. It is a bit heavy and the triggers feel tougher to use than the PS3 controller. My real problem, though, comes from the connection. I've had it completely drop out the connection at times while playing games and that's always a big minus in my mind.

Highly recommend the Xbox 360 wireless controller with pc dongle, especially if you have a 360. Windows 7 instantly recognizes it and installs it. The only reason you may want to install the drivers that come with it is to check for battery life. The controller doesn't feel cheap and the batteries last a long time. I play on my tv about 15 feet away and never have had any input lag or dropped signal. The dongle is very small and fits nicely on my router.

The receiver I have for my wireless 360 controller for PC blew its fuse (apparently a common problem).  I've been hemming and hawing about busting it open to replace it, then today I read the thread and downloaded MotionInJoy to use my ps3 controller.  Works like a charm!

Thanks for the info about the PS3 controller hookup. I'm still using my Official Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows, It usually comes on sale for about $34.99 in gold box every few months. Since i heard about problems with it, i usually unhook the wireless receiver when i'm not playing (PC is on 24/7) and it has lasted well.

bread's done
Back